Does anybody use essential oils?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
I've been using tea tree oil for anti microbial effects usually after jujitsu and sometimes on acne. Kind of enjoying it so going further now and making safer home surface disinfectants is. Isopropyl alcohol and lavender for counter tops after reading all the risks of using bleaches and lisol. Reading more into it and it seems like there's tons of benefits to these oils. You just don't hear us lads talking much about them. Anybody else experimenting with them?
Some uses:
-Anxiety
-antioxidants
-anti microbial
-anti inflammatory

Lavender essential oil is known to be rich in medicinal properties like antimicrobial activity, anxiolytic, anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive, and antioxidant properties.

Tea tree oil is distilled from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant, found in Australia. The oil possesses antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antifungal properties. A person can treat acne, athlete's foot, contact dermatitis or head lice using tea tree oil.

Tea tree oil can increase your estrogen. Just pay attention. I know they did a study in teenage boys in puberty and one of the reason sighted for the gyno was tea tree oil.

Tea tree oil can increase your estrogen. Just pay attention. I know they did a study in teenage boys in puberty and one of the reason sighted for the gyno was tea tree oil.
I was going to mention that too, same with lavender. It's been known to cause gyno in some pre pubital males

I've been using a mixture of rosemary peppermint, lavender and liquid coconut oil on my scalp, going to add Castor oil as well but I haven't used it often as it smells strong and you got to wash it off before bed and I don't want it on at work. Hairline hasn't changed though,the theory is it can block the DHT at the scalp.

Wife has a homemade soap business.. Essential oils are a part of her soaps. IF you want a soap bar for anti bacterial/ acne, send me a message..

Her stuff isn't Dr. Squach garbage
That's awesome man. Does she have a website or anything?