D-Day

Bagua

Staff member
75 years ago today a combined effort of the Western Allies landed at Normandy to begin the trek eastward to Berlin. Only a few of the Vets are still with us today and the number dwindles every year. My Uncle, who landed at Juno missed the 75th by just over a year. Normal kids and young men doing a brave thing.
uncle vet.jpg

Back when men were men and society respected them.

Not like so many manginas around these days.

I was listening to a radio show this morning and they were asking would men sign up nowadays and face certain death in defences of our country?

I would suspect many wouldn't.

Bitches.

I’m a bit more optimistic, I think people are sick and tired of fighting wars in other countries for no real reason but if it came to defending our own country on our soil I believe people would step up to the plate.

I know I would but I’d do everything in my power to avoid going over seas to fight in some poor third world country no ones ever heard off.

They are few and far between... We have gone from a for the greater good society to selfish me me me society. Kids these days don’t even understand what those young men sacrificed... we lost a big part of a whole generation of good men.

My great uncle was deployed to a small town in Africa that’s a small pretty much third world country over seas... but I do get what you’re saying @faller there has been some questionable motives for some behind some deployments. This doesn’t change the fact that those who sign on that dotted line know one day they may pay the ultimate sacrifice. I have some friends that were overseas and saw things that changed them forever. The motive behind the deployment in the first place doesn’t matter, when you watch a children’s soccer field mined over and over again.

Those that flew in, dropped in, landed on d-day knew there wasn’t much chance of coming back and they went anyways. Turned the tide of the war. For their’s and their families sacrifice I will forever be grateful.

They are few and far between... We have gone from a for the greater good society to selfish me me me society. Kids these days don’t even understand what those young men sacrificed... we lost a big part of a whole generation of good men.

My great uncle was deployed to a small town in Africa that’s a small pretty much third world country over seas... but I do get what you’re saying @faller there has been some questionable motives for some behind some deployments. This doesn’t change the fact that those who sign on that dotted line know one day they may pay the ultimate sacrifice. I have some friends that were overseas and saw things that changed them forever. The motive behind the deployment in the first place doesn’t matter, when you watch a children’s soccer field mined over and over again.

Those that flew in, dropped in, landed on d-day knew there wasn’t much chance of coming back and they went anyways. Turned the tide of the war. For their’s and their families sacrifice I will forever be grateful.
Eritrea?