Bloodwork results - baseline/pre intervention

Big ones i watch, CRP c reactive protein, i do not see that number, you should check it a few times. Triglycerides a bit high, those 2 are big ones for heart health and overall checks for myself.
EGFR is a tad low IMHO for your age, BUT one cannot count on these numbers depending on mass of individual, its like those stupid BI tests, it always says i am obese, even with veins in /my abs and full on abs...lol Mine is anywhere from 69-88 but it has a lot of variables attached.
Creatinine is good , when was last workout prior to test?
TRT, yup, but i must ask when was last cycle etc?
Cheers!!
Last cycle was about 16 years ago

Worked out the day before the bloods were drawn.

Triglycerides - HDL - ldl are thanks to my genes; I would like to improve these in the long term.

my number on the “high sensitivity CRP” was 1.2, may have missed it while typing the list…my bad

Last edited:
Well you have no fear of gear then. I’d say jump on and become a man again. I’d bet my ass 125/150 mg of test a week and you would feel like a new man.
Or fuck it and run 250 for like 4 months then drop back down.

You want to go AI free, do what a lot of us are doing and 125 test and 100/125 primo.

I would rather be fully functional and die at 80. Then slowly degrade after 40 and live to be 90.
Not afraid of pins or peds. If I can avoid AI’s I would prefer that route…just seems hard on the old body.

I don’t like watching myself waste away like so many middle aged men, just doesn’t feel right.

I think the doc discussed the blood panel suited for bodybuilding in more details on this video, check it out for reference.

After a few months of back and forth with a Naturopath, a blood rec was sent off and results returned this week. Np-Dr. recommends TRT, what do you backyard doctors think?

My baseline numbers are the following:

Thyroid peroxidase Ab: 11 (<35)
Creatinine: 106 (60-110)
eGFR: 76 (>60)
Protein: 72 (60-80)
Albumin: 48 (35-52)
Bilirubin total: 6 (<23)
Bilirubin direct: <2 (<8)
Urate: 324 (220-512)
Cholesterol: 4.36 (<5.20)
Triglycerides: 2.68 (<1.70)
HDL: .93 (> 1.0)
LDL: 2.2
Non HDL: 3.23
TD/HDL-C ratio: 4.7
High sensitivity CRP: 1.2 (low avg risk)
Vit B12: 664
Sodium: 138 (136-146)
Potassium: 4 (3.7-5.4)
Alkaline phosphate: 72 (40-129)
ALT: 23 (<46)
TSH: 1.88 (.35-5.0)
T4 free: 16 (11-23)
Free T3: 5.4 (3.4-5.9)
DHEAs: 3.5 (2.4-11.6)
Thyroglobulin AB: 13 (<41)
Test: 11
Free test: 319
Homocysteine: 9
Vit D: 137
Hemoglobin: 147
Hematocrit: .43
RBC: 4.8
MCV: 90
MCH: 31
MCHC: 342
RDW: 13.1
WBC: 6.7
Platelets: 335
MPV: 8.4

Low HDL / LDL / triglycerides are genetic from my dad’s dad. Dr. told me to reduce my Vit D (4000 iu daily) to 1000iu to see if my kidney numbers will improve. “Though it is not at a concerning level at this time; if you were approaching 100 we would need to investigate further. Too much vitamin D risks kidney stones.”
Don't see anything wrong with kidney number
EGFR looks good

Don't see anything wrong with kidney number
EGFR looks good
Agreed egfr looks great. Although it is not always the best indicator of kidney function because it is simply based off a mathematical formula all of which can be skewed from intense training. A much better picture would be to check a 24 creatinine clearance time.

Even better yet I like to check Cystatin-C. More costly, but MUCH more accurate indicator of kidney function, probably the best we have medically, besides doing a nuclear medicine GFR test which would be a last resort to determine a precise gfr with no influential variables. In this case, egfr is just fine but cystatin c would be a great one to see.

Last edited:
Agreed egfr looks great. Although it is not always the best indicator of kidney function because it is simply based off a mathematical formula all of which can be skewed from intense training. A much better picture would be to check a 24 creatinine clearance time.

Even better yet I like to check Cystatin-C. More costly, but MUCH more accurate indicator of kidney function, probably the best we have medically, besides doing a nuclear medicine GFR test which would be a last resort to determine a precise gfr with no influential variables. In this case, egfr is just fine but cystatin c would be a great one to see.
Maybe off topic but do statin meds or high bp meds degrees egfr?

I would say, physically I peaked at 37-38yrs old. I feel like a sack of shit. The typical complaints accompanying low T are how I feel. Tired, regardless of sleep levels, low libido/ability to maintain, physically weak (unable to perform my job at required standards), brain fog, squishy core - slow fat gain/muscle loss with a clean diet.

No hair loss, BP is fine (116/68 this morning). I am a blood donor and over the last three years hemoglobin has steadily decreased, each recovery is a lower high than my old typical #’s. Now I often just pass the min number to donate; last was 130…the min cut off. My multivitamin contains iron.

My goals are to feel good again, not weak and tired. To slow the degradation of my body. I have young kids and I cannot bring the energy they deserve. Secondary to that I can’t physically work the way I need to; I run a crew of young guys and they need to be motivated by top performer, not an old man.
I have very similar issues as you. Neuropathic pain in my shoulders and elbows both arms. Can't do anything moderately heavy and sometimes light with them or I am in major pain the next 3 days. My insomnia is through the roof as well. I just keep researching on the internet for solutions and then bring them to my doctor if I need prescriptions as she is a moron in terms of knowledge in this area.

There is a lot of things I have tried tht has partially worked I still do them... But I am looking for the one big cure

Maybe off topic but do statin meds or high bp meds degrees egfr?

That would be medication dependent but majority of statins and bp meds will increase gfr and improve kidney function by correcting cardiac dysfunction, which correlates downstream to a transient increase in renal function dose dependent to heart meds thus improving gfr and kidney health overall. I have seen patients in stage 2-3 renal failure almost return to baseline gfr by introducing statins, beta blockers and ARB/Ace inhibitors. Although, statins come with a whole host of other side effects I wont get into in this thread. There are other natural means of tackling dyslipidemia.

In lumberjocks case, I think his naturopath jumped to conclusions about kidney function without doing a thorough assessment. She looked at one estimated number without taking into account the bigger picture and checking the critical labs to give a real picture. Not to mention his chief complaint is fatigue and he is also a frequent donator. A few things were missed, but the rest of his panel looks great.

The first thing they teach you in medicine is everything in context. The second thing is to never base an assessment off one single lab value

Edit: For those wondering im not a doctor. Me and my wife are both RN's on a internal medicine ward so this stuff is my day to day and I can reiterate it in my sleep lol

Last edited: