This wallet
Ok cool whose owns this wallet ?
Not sure there’s no name it’s a mycelium wallet
The 1000$ got sent around

Little here little there
What name? None
Prove it’s me ?

If you bought Bitcoin or any coins in cash
Why would you put these “off the book” purchases crypto you want to Send around on a an exchange wallet with your name ? Or on a nano ledger which more hard to access and send…

If you want to be simple and quick
Mycelium anytime any day..
that I wanan use or have
Rest is on a ledge

If you bought Bitcoin or any coins in cash
Why would you put these “off the book” purchases crypto you want to Send around on a an exchange wallet with your name ? Or on a nano ledger which more hard to access and send…

If you want to be simple and quick
Mycelium anytime any day..
that I wanan use or have
Rest is on a ledge
This opened my eyes. I was stupid to use an exchange wallet because I was a complete newb and wanted to send money asap and guarantee that the money was sent a long time ago. It was the most advertised and I didn’t do much research. At the end of the day, you are registered and it takes anonymity out. Basically becomes an e-transfer with a service fee. Thank you for all the info.

This opened my eyes. I was stupid to use an exchange wallet because I was a complete newb and wanted to send money asap and guarantee that the money was sent a long time ago. It was the most advertised and I didn’t do much research. At the end of the day, you are registered and it takes anonymity out. Basically becomes an e-transfer with a service fee. Thank you for all the info.
There is never anonymity in Bitcoin. It's core technology is a fully public ledger. It's considered pseudonymous which is like using a fake name. It's not you until somebody figures out that it is.

It's nowhere near an e-transfer though.
When you e-transfer a seller they get an e-mail saying "(ENTROPY'S REAL NAME HERE) has sent you an e-transfer". The funds then go from bank account to bank account. In a criminal case, it would take 1 person just a few clicks of the mouse and they've got a full trace of the transaction linked to both parties.

With bitcoin, there is no e-mail. They get a transaction record in their wallet with the history that shows it came from wallet xlkdsokdsnfoskdmflkx9084w9nudsv90w0i23j0v9j2908j3nlkdsnfoks. Regardless if it came from a fully legit and registered and identified account, they have absolutely no idea who that is. No name, no personal information, just that address. So the transaction is essentially anonymous from the seller. Now in a legal case, they need to link that transaction to the individuals. It can be done. But the time and cost to do it to try to nail someone on $300 of test just wouldn't be worth it. Especially to go after the buyers with very grey area laws surrounding it in Canada.

And for anybody following along and curious why it matters being anonymous just to the lab, and really the majority of the time it's not a big deal at all. Especially with labs on this board because they are very well vetted by the staff.

Although there are other labs on other boards that keep information on clients or have bad security practices. The info collectors may just use it for future marketing, although there have been some who have had more malicious intents with it. "Hey John Doe, ya we know who you are. Here's a picture of your Facebook profile for proof. Take down that bad review you've left us or we'll post this everywhere." It happens.

So in short....
Use Bitcoin for purchases and keep your banking info anonymous
Give a fake or shortened version of your name for shipping
Use Canada Post's Flex Delivery service for pickup at post office and keep your address anonymous

And for anybody following along and curious why it matters being anonymous just to the lab, and really the majority of the time it's not a big deal at all. Especially with labs on this board because they are very well vetted by the staff.

Although there are other labs on other boards that keep information on clients or have bad security practices. The info collectors may just use it for future marketing, although there have been some who have had more malicious intents with it. "Hey John Doe, ya we know who you are. Here's a picture of your Facebook profile for proof. Take down that bad review you've left us or we'll post this everywhere." It happens.

So in short....
Use Bitcoin for purchases and keep your banking info anonymous
Give a fake or shortened version of your name for shipping
Use Canada Post's Flex Delivery service for pickup at post office and keep your address anonymous
First time I’ve hear of flex delivery. That’s awesome. But it must require some sort of identification to get the package. Or maybe they send a barcode and you just show that? Amazon did that recently. I got someone else to pick up my package and they just scanned the barcode and did not want any ID.
There is never anonymity in Bitcoin. It's core technology is a fully public ledger. It's considered pseudonymous which is like using a fake name. It's not you until somebody figures out that it is.

It's nowhere near an e-transfer though.
When you e-transfer a seller they get an e-mail saying "(ENTROPY'S REAL NAME HERE) has sent you an e-transfer". The funds then go from bank account to bank account. In a criminal case, it would take 1 person just a few clicks of the mouse and they've got a full trace of the transaction linked to both parties.

With bitcoin, there is no e-mail. They get a transaction record in their wallet with the history that shows it came from wallet xlkdsokdsnfoskdmflkx9084w9nudsv90w0i23j0v9j2908j3nlkdsnfoks. Regardless if it came from a fully legit and registered and identified account, they have absolutely no idea who that is. No name, no personal information, just that address. So the transaction is essentially anonymous from the seller. Now in a legal case, they need to link that transaction to the individuals. It can be done. But the time and cost to do it to try to nail someone on $300 of test just wouldn't be worth it. Especially to go after the buyers with very grey area laws surrounding it in Canada.
Some experts I had talked to before said “if they want to get you, no matter what you do, they’re gonna get you”. It was about something my friend inquired about. Thanks for all the information.

Joke/truth?: I guess the safest way for trades/transactions is in person with washed cash/gold at a location with no reception with no talking, not even sign language lol 😝 also wearing hazmat suits or something that doesn’t leave DNA behind from your person 😂

First time I’ve hear of flex delivery. That’s awesome. But it must require some sort of identification to get the package. Or maybe they send a barcode and you just show that? Amazon did that recently. I got someone else to pick up my package and they just scanned the barcode and did not want any ID.
They're supposed to ask ID, but they never do. Especially if you ship it to a post office in a drug store where they're employed by the store and not Canada Post. They care even less.
“if they want to get you, no matter what you do, they’re gonna get you”.
Truth right there!
Joke/truth?: I guess the safest way for trades/transactions is in person with washed cash/gold at a location with no reception with no talking, not even sign language lol 😝 also wearing hazmat suits or something that doesn’t leave DNA behind from your person 😂
As crazy as it sounds, it's not far from a truth. But even still, doing all that it's still possible to get caught.
Point is, worry less about it because as you said... "if they want to get you, no matter what you do, they're gonna get you".

People interested in this subject might find the darknet diaries episode of the rise and fall of Mt. Gox entertaining and educational.
As a security pen tester, he goes into some technical details as well.

People interested in this subject might find the darknet diaries episode of the rise and fall of Mt. Gox entertaining and educational.
As a security pen tester, he goes into some technical details as well.

Trust No One: The Hunt For The Crypto King on Netflix hits a little closer to home. Extremely popular Canadian exchange (QuadrigaCX) that went down. There's probably a few board members, myself included, that learned a lesson from this event. To this day people still theorize that Cotton faked his death to steal the funds, and actually only a few months back almost 2 million was moved out of these wallets to a mixing service which makes it even more suspicious.

@FitTrader as a ledger user you should look into this latest firmware update and see if it's a risk you're willing to accept. There is now an "optional" service to extract the keys from your device and store them encrypted on the cloud. The fact that the keys can even be extracted to the internet is a massive security risk for a cold wallet. The CEO has responded saying "There's no backdoor, but I obviously can't prove it".

Side note.... Trezor wallets are conveniently on sale LOL