Best natural supplements for headaches?

Devson

Trusted Member
I have really bad headaches not associated with hematocrit levels. I have heard of the black willow tree fungus is supposed to help and it is even nick named the, "migraine mushroom" but I don't believe there is much research into it and it can be difficult to obtain. I was wondering what other natural supplements are the most beneficial for headaches that some of you know of.

Are we talking bad headaches or migraines?

The only thing I've found to be effective for migraines is finding out your trigger & then prescription meds for the pain.

I use various CBD or 4:1 ratio CBD THC products and dosages. Mainly oils, capsules and edibles, sometimes vape pens. Helps a lot. Depending on type of headache I will adjust accordingly.

There is an all natural treatment that is known to stop migraines in their tracks for most people.
I think the forum rules may prevent their discussion.
If you google "migraine mushroom" it will come up, but it's not the black willow tree fungus one.

Yeah we are talking about migraines that happen so often that I take some strong prescription anti inflammatorys for. The other type of mushroom is not an option but I am aware of it. I was going to try co enzyme q10, two tablespoons of tumeric and there were a couple of other supplements that help lessen migraines in one of a few ways. Supplements that are vasoconstrictors would have some benefit as well.

I guess the answer is a remedy that stops the reaction or issue you are having - no sarcasm meant there at all. I have empathy for what you are going through but there has to be a cause.
If it is impacting your daily life, push to see a neurologist or internist (first) to get to the bottom of this. If you plan to take turmeric (which I would recommend for almost any issue) make sure you take 8-15 black pepper corns with it for the piperine content. Unless you take curcumin - I would still take the black pepper for the piperine, turmeric is not well absorbed into the body without piperine. I like Natural Factor's theracurmin and and 10 black pepper corns.
White willow bark is similar to aspirin which I find to be the best NSAID for headaches. I prefer to take 1 325 mg pill of aspirin for headaches if natural products don't work. I don't know your age but if your younger (30 or less) you could try 100-200 mg of co-enzyme 10. If your older, like me, in your 40's - we absorb ubiquinol better. I will have to find the study on this but it was discovered that co-enzyme Q10 is absorbed well by younger people (its cheaper than ubiquinol) and ubiquinol is absorbed better by older people.
Just a suggestion and it won't hurt you but read up on it - check out Nigella Sativa. I dropped so many herbs and supplements and only use a few now but nigella sativa/black seed oil is one.

Good luck - headaches/migraines can be debilitating.

Honestly I’d make %100 all possible explanations of the cause have been exhausted. Hormones, physiological issues, tumors, deficneinces, allergies, gluten intolerances etc... so many things could be the cause of it.

I’d look at your diet for starters. Crazy what symptoms slight intolerances to certain foods can cause.

Also, many ppl have told me Botox injections have changed their life in regards to dealing with migraines for years. Never looked into it myself, but some co workers swear by it

Honestly I’d make %100 all possible explanations of the cause have been exhausted. Hormones, physiological issues, tumors, deficneinces, allergies, gluten intolerances etc... so many things could be the cause of it.

I’d look at your diet for starters. Crazy what symptoms slight intolerances to certain foods can cause.

Also, many ppl have told me Botox injections have changed their life in regards to dealing with migraines for years. Never looked into it myself, but some co workers swear by it
Botox is the one cures I’ve heard works, but have never tried. It’s worth a try.

I guess the answer is a remedy that stops the reaction or issue you are having - no sarcasm meant there at all. I have empathy for what you are going through but there has to be a cause.
If it is impacting your daily life, push to see a neurologist or internist (first) to get to the bottom of this. If you plan to take turmeric (which I would recommend for almost any issue) make sure you take 8-15 black pepper corns with it for the piperine content. Unless you take curcumin - I would still take the black pepper for the piperine, turmeric is not well absorbed into the body without piperine. I like Natural Factor's theracurmin and and 10 black pepper corns.
White willow bark is similar to aspirin which I find to be the best NSAID for headaches. I prefer to take 1 325 mg pill of aspirin for headaches if natural products don't work. I don't know your age but if your younger (30 or less) you could try 100-200 mg of co-enzyme 10. If your older, like me, in your 40's - we absorb ubiquinol better. I will have to find the study on this but it was discovered that co-enzyme Q10 is absorbed well by younger people (its cheaper than ubiquinol) and ubiquinol is absorbed better by older people.
Just a suggestion and it won't hurt you but read up on it - check out Nigella Sativa. I dropped so many herbs and supplements and only use a few now but nigella sativa/black seed oil is one.

Good luck - headaches/migraines can be debilitating.
Definitely this, choose uniquinol over co-enzyme.

I actually was going to take ubiquinol because I heard it absorbs better but then on one of the podcasts I listen to a guy (Leo Rex Longevity the episode with the moreplatesmoredates guy) mentioned it causes your body to create something that can increase your chances of cancer. So before I find the study and figure out what he was talking about I figured I would just stay with co-enzyme Q10 for now. I have seen a neurologist but they said I was just an unlucky person :\ It runs in my family and only being pregnant seemed to cure it for my mother and one of my sisters.

Interesting thing about the black pepper corns. I know mutant puts a black pepper extract in their BCAAs and was aware it helps absorption of those but not other things. I know white willow bark is aspirin but I thought it was hard on your stomach. I know diclofenic is hard on your stomach as well. Is it any worse?

I actually was going to take ubiquinol because I heard it absorbs better but then on one of the podcasts I listen to a guy (Leo Rex Longevity the episode with the moreplatesmoredates guy) mentioned it causes your body to create something that can increase your chances of cancer. So before I find the study and figure out what he was talking about I figured I would just stay with co-enzyme Q10 for now. I have seen a neurologist but they said I was just an unlucky person :\ It runs in my family and only being pregnant seemed to cure it for my mother and one of my sisters.

Interesting thing about the black pepper corns. I know mutant puts a black pepper extract in their BCAAs and was aware it helps absorption of those but not other things. I know white willow bark is aspirin but I thought it was hard on your stomach. I know diclofenic is hard on your stomach as well. Is it any worse?
All NSAIDS come with the risk of stomach issues. I don't know any that don't. White willow bark can cause stomach issues like aspirin but according to my reading but the risk may be less.
I would like to read this study or info on ubiquinol related to cancer. Nothing against the guy on NPND's but I heard the earth was flat too and the moon was made of cheese. Unless I can read a logical/scientific paper on it, it is just an opinion. Someone intelligent person saying it may give some credence to the statement but I still won't believe it unless it is backed up by some science.

take care,
GR