bear hunting

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Anyone bear hunting this spring?

I got a bait site out with some bears hitting it regularly, nothing huge yet.

Well.. if you dont want it.. let me know. I've always wanted a bearhead rug.
If you do a wall hanging for yourself... can I have the mitts?

I have given away a few bear hides.

The issue is I can't just mail the hide to you. It has to be proccessed or "tanned". If its mail without doing this, it will spoil in the mail.

Tanning can be expensive. A wolf cost me 300$ to have it tanned. You pay by the foot. So a 5 foot bear would be cheaper to tan then a 7ft bear.

Tanning turns the underside of the hide into a very soft leather. Tanning preserves the hide and ensures the fur stays in the hide

I have given away a few bear hides.

The issue is I can't just mail the hide to you. It has to be proccessed or "tanned". If its mail without doing this, it will spoil in the mail.

Tanning can be expensive. A wolf cost me 300$ to have it tanned. You pay by the foot. So a 5 foot bear would be cheaper to tan then a 7ft bear.

Tanning turns the underside of the hide into a very soft leather. Tanning preserves the hide and ensures the fur stays in the hide
Got cha... so.. I should just come pick it up?

No bear hunting but plenty of watching!
Dad and Smom have blinds set up on the traplines and have enjoyed watching lots of them.

We've had a couple close calls on Site and unfortunately they have to call in F&W to deal with them instead of the trappers or local hunters.

I live in Northern BC. Bears everywhere up here. My neighbours dog was bitten by a bear this week. Grizzly and black bear all over the place.I used to hunt bears, now I mostly watch them. I had 2 in my field last night. A big ass Boar strolling around. I don't eat the meat so I stopped hunting them.
My buddy eats the meat and I just bought a new Ghost Barnett 415 crossbow, so I may drop the big boar and give it to my buddy that doesn't get out much these days.
Elk, moose, deer though, I hunt them like it is going out of style and we have long general seasons and crown land as far as the eye can see. I put in for Bison this year as a draw. Hoping I get drawn for that, it is on my bucket list for a hunt.