At it again

Atitagain

Trusted Member
Hey guys,

Been about 7 years since I’ve been on the boards. I do see some names I recognize still. My old handle was Want2lift. Maybe someone remembers me, maybe not. Tried to get that handle back but it wouldn’t let me. I’m not a technology guy.

I’m 41 years old now. Trained hard from 20 years old until I was 34. Competed near the end of that as a heavyweight. Placed first in a few divisions at an amature show To get into provincials. I was the smallest heavyweight on stage but by far the leanest. Judges went for bigger and bulkier. Was a good experience.

At the end of my lifting career I was walking around at about 250 in the 5-6% range. Life took a nasty turn and I quit lifting completely. Slowly the weight came off. Was surprised how long it stuck around for. Definitely 4-5 years I was still a big man. Tore a bicep tendon off the bone and broke my neck. Two separate events. That really took some size off me. Multiple fractures c5-c6. Not good. Healed up just fine.

Started lifting again about three weeks ago. Really needed to get back into it. Some people hate ‘having’ to work out, I fucking love it. Smile ear to ear after every workout. Not sure my current weight as I literally haven’t been on a scale since I quit lifting 7 years ago. I’m guessing right around 200 but I really don’t give a fuck. Still have a fairly aesthetic look to me. Right lat is quite a bit smaller then left thanks to the broken neck. Going to be aiming for some growth and work on my symmetry.

Started doing a push/pull workout routine but four workouts a week so hitting everything twice a week. Focusing on the compounds for now with some clean up work as well. Probably will be sticking with this for some time as my current weights are embarrassing. Hoping things will come along quick at the start.

Been on HRT since I was 25. Never cycled until a few years into that. On 180mgs cyp a week now. Not looking to compete or anything. Just excited to be back in the gym.

That was supposed to be a quick run down but I suppose I got a little more into it then I’d figured I would.

Glad to be here. Always looking to learn. My years of lifting were all serious lifting, Worked with a few different coaches in the past, programming and diet. Done some powerlifting and Olympic lifting as well over that 15 years. I’m definitely not new to this so I’ll offer my two cents when I think I can help. Also trained and fought MMA as a younger man and really loved that.

Welcome back bro! Nice to see a familiar name. Glad you’re healing well and back at it!

I reconize your old handle.

But I am curious, how did you break your neck>
I made a dumb move on my horse. My fault, not her’s. Was a real bad situation. Out in the middle of nowhere, horse tossed me and bolted. Landed on my face and heels went over the wrong way. Had to jump up quick to see where she went. Quarter horses, always run a quarter mile before they stop. I saw the direction she went and wobbled my way over. Was about 3 miles from the truck, couldn’t walk hardly so I had to ride out. 45 minute drive home and then to the hospital. I didn’t realize it was that bad until I saw the doctors reaction. Apparently I’m a lucky man.

I made a dumb move on my horse. My fault, not her’s. Was a real bad situation. Out in the middle of nowhere, horse tossed me and bolted. Landed on my face and heels went over the wrong way. Had to jump up quick to see where she went. Quarter horses, always run a quarter mile before they stop. I saw the direction she went and wobbled my way over. Was about 3 miles from the truck, couldn’t walk hardly so I had to ride out. 45 minute drive home and then to the hospital. I didn’t realize it was that bad until I saw the doctors reaction. Apparently I’m a lucky man.
Damn that’s crazy.
You are lucky. Did it heal or did you need surgery to fuse things.

I had a horse throw me over it’s head once. I don’t think he wanted to be ridden that day, I had just jumped on with only a halter and a rope ( like I pretty much always did), he ran full out, dropped to his front knees and I flew off, I got lucky and landed more on my belly using my head as a brake, lol. Thankfully I was wearing an English helmet.

Damn that’s crazy.
You are lucky. Did it heal or did you need surgery to fuse things.

I had a horse throw me over it’s head once. I don’t think he wanted to be ridden that day, I had just jumped on with only a halter and a rope ( like I pretty much always did), he ran full out, dropped to his front knees and I flew off, I got lucky and landed more on my belly using my head as a brake, lol. Thankfully I was wearing an English helmet.
They wanted to do surgery but I wasn’t convinced. I didn’t lay around like the doctors wanted either. I was just super cautious in my neck brace back at work five days later. As I felt more comfortable the brace came off at night so I could sleep. By my last check in I wasn’t wearing it at all. Doc was pissed but said it healed up great.

I’ve had my share of injuries and in my opinion laying around doing nothing never solved anything. Know your limits and stay within them.

Even my torn bicep recovered way faster than docs expected. Same thing, 5 days off work then extreme caution.

Only thing ever laid me up was a horrible bulged disk down in the L’s. Couldn’t even twitch and stuck on morphine for 3 weeks straight before I could start crawling to the bathroom. That one was a full two years before I could trust it again. Scary shit.

They wanted to do surgery but I wasn’t convinced. I didn’t lay around like the doctors wanted either. I was just super cautious in my neck brace back at work five days later. As I felt more comfortable the brace came off at night so I could sleep. By my last check in I wasn’t wearing it at all. Doc was pissed but said it healed up great.

I’ve had my share of injuries and in my opinion laying around doing nothing never solved anything. Know your limits and stay within them.

Even my torn bicep recovered way faster than docs expected. Same thing, 5 days off work then extreme caution.

Only thing ever laid me up was a horrible bulged disk down in the L’s. Couldn’t even twitch and stuck on morphine for 3 weeks straight before I could start crawling to the bathroom. That one was a full two years before I could trust it again. Scary shit.
I agree that if you want to heal you need to move. My thought the extra blood flow helps in healing.
And yeah paying attention to your limits is great advice.

I have had 2 hernia surgeries and one colon reconstruction surgery, all done laproscopically and was back to work within a week, but was careful not to lift too heavy.

I think I may have bulged a disc years ago, and that was super painful. Took forever to heal.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I’m having an issue with this website loading. Only place it seems to load for me is at work. If I’m anywhere else it says server not found. Anyone have any ideas why? I’m a lot of things but a tech guy isn’t one of them.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I’m having an issue with this website loading. Only place it seems to load for me is at work. If I’m anywhere else it says server not found. Anyone have any ideas why? I’m a lot of things but a tech guy isn’t one of them.
I try different browsers when that happens to me. Google Chrome seems OK.