Astigmatism getting better?

animal-inside

Trusted Member
I've had farily bad astigmatism for about 20 years. My right eye has always been 2.85. I can't recall my left eye number, but it's not as bad.

I had an eye examine today (same dr for last 5 years) and he had a twisted look on his face after he was going through all my exam results.. I asked him what's wrong and he said "Your astigamatism got better.. significantly better".. My bad eye is my right and was always 2.85 and now its 2.25. My left also got better by about the same. I asked how's the happen and he didn't really have an answer.. He said eyes can change, but it was odd for them to get better and even more odd for them to get that much better...

Good thing I didn't get lazer eye surgery 3 or 4 years ago when I was hoping too.

The ONLY things that I've done differently since my last eye exam a year ago was I did a 5 or 6 month run of 2iu's a day of GH and I have been taking chaga every day.. oh and I take milt thistle every day too..

I'm curious if its the gh that did it?? There must be a reason it change for the first time in 20 years and changed that much.

It's possible but I dislike it when people think that majority of vision problems are a disease or pathology. They're not. The fact that glasses help prove it. And the fact that for some people it progresses to stronger prescription also proves that their eyes are functioning as they should.

I don't intend to beat a dead horse for those who know this already but there's a chance it will help someone.

Astigmatism is different from myopia and for me personally I had bad astigmatism without myopia because my eyes became uneven as I grew up because my dental issues weren't treated, leading to asymmetrically positioned cranial bomes (they're very mobile) thus lateral muscle imbalances in the eyes, very much similar to how Neal Hallinan had it. Working on teeth and whole body posture makes a profound and instant impact on astigmatism for me.

With the beginning of my rant about poor eyesight not being an illness, I mean especially myopia, majority simply adapt to stimulus. You look up close for too long and you'll first get pseudomyopia which is where you try to look far away again and can't focus, but after 1 day break from all reading and focusing up close, your spasm relaxes and you're away to see far away again. But if you're stuck in pseudomyopia for too long, eventually the eyeball elongates in order to adapt to the environment so that the focusing muscle doesn't have to work so hard and spasm all the time trying to focus up close. And when people can't focus far a way at this stage they need to wear minus lenses to drive safely etc. Which is fine as a temporary to. But the problem is when they put on the new glasses that shift the focus, and look up close while wearing distance glasses which leads to... even more of forcing the eye to elongate and adapt to close-up. Progressive myopia. See what I meant with this being proof that the eye is actually perfectly healthy? If you put on distance glasses, obviously the focus will be placed into the distance and not near enough to read a book. So the eye works hard to bring the focus closer to be able to read the book. The good part is that since a progressively myopic eye usually implies that it's an eye that constantly adapt to the stimulus, it means you can start to gradually increase the distance you're focusing into, such as, holding the book just an inch further away from your face than you're used to. Once you adapt to that distance, hold it even further away. Etc. Once the eyeball itself elongates it also causes surface distortion and astigmatism. Upon shortening the eyeball the astigmatism if caused by progressive myopia also goes away. There's tons of research on this for those who doubt.

When we first looked into lazer eye surgery years ago I wasn’t a candidate because I had astigmatism and like you mine also improved, a lot 🤷‍♂️. So you’re not alone.

When we first looked into lazer eye surgery years ago I wasn’t a candidate because I had astigmatism and like you mine also improved, a lot 🤷‍♂️. So you’re not alone.

dr didn't say anything, but I think if I had lazer eye 3 years ago, my recent improvement would have fucked me over and I'd have to wear glasses again after lazer eye.. is this correct?

dr didn't say anything, but I think if I had lazer eye 3 years ago, my recent improvement would have fucked me over and I'd have to wear glasses again after lazer eye.. is this correct?
Not necessarily. It's not like they are randomly changing.
As @Horror Cock said, a healthy eye will continually attempt to adjust to it's environment in a way that minimizes accommodation effort.
If you had surgery to correct the refraction error, this should only have given your eyes a 'head start' in attempting to correct the error.
If you continued the behaviors that caused the original defect, then you could expect the eyes to try and accommodate back to the original 'defect' you had.

My personal example,
I had LASIK 18 years ago to correct approximately -4.5 diopter defect in both eyes. Over the next 15 years, my eyes accommodated from zero back to -2.5 and -3 because I continued to do so much reading and close work.
3 years ago, I started doing eye exercises to correct it and am now back to zero in my right eye and -1.5 in my left eye.
I believe I could further correct my left eye, but I appreciate the slight myopia in one eye.
This way as I get older and presbyopia gets worse, I won't need reading glasses.

I give HGH a lot of credit for several things. I’m going in for an eye exam in January so it will be interesting to see if anything has changed for better or worse.