Your First Cycle

Please note: I am not the original author but do have permission to repost this. Original author(s) unknown but likely a combination from the mods over on r/steroids. Anything in italics I have added (including links to articles/threads on our own forum). Edited to fit the word restrictions.

So, you got interested in steroids and are now trying to figure out where to start. Beginners have one rule: KISS.

That stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid. The more chemicals you toss in at once, the bigger your chances of going down in a flaming fireball. A big, bloated, gyno-y fireball. BUT most potential side effects can be avoided entirely if the cycle is followed correctly and the proper precautions are taken.

It is recommend that you are under 15% body fat and ideally closer to 10%.

Can I Just Do An Oral Only Cycle?
You can. Should you? Probably not. Oral steroids are still going to suppress your natural Test pretty hard. You may find you don't feel the best or have symptoms of low testosterone. If you choose to do a oral only cycle, you should still look into getting a SERM (like Nolvadex/Clomid or the sorts) for a proper PCT, as well. You should consider reading through this page and potentially doing a real cycle, complete with Testosterone, as you'll find better results, as well as feeling better overall too.

The Basic Bulk
The Basic Bulk, that is recommend, is a 12-15 week cycle of Testosterone while running a moderate calorie surplus with emphasis on gaining as much lean muscle tissue as possible and progressively adding weight to your lifts.

Testosterone is a powerful tool, if used correctly and can put a good +12-15lbs of LEAN mass on you (excluding water and fat gain) over the course of the 15 weeks. It is also a relatively mild compound and causes little to no issues with side effects. Again, most potential side effects can be avoided entirely if the cycle is followed correctly and the proper precautions are taken.

When purchasing your AI (Aromatase Inhibitor) and SERMs (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) it is advised to buy pharmaceutical grade products when possible. Your Testosterone can be pharmaceutical grade or from an underground lab (UGL) – just make sure you do plenty of research of the brand before you spend any money to make sure they have good reviews. Just a reminder. This forum is not the place for you to do research or request source information.

What You Will Need
Essentials
  • Testosterone Enanthate or Cypionate - 3x 10 mL Vials (generally dosed 250-300mg per mL)
  • An Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) like Arimidex or Aromasin
  • PCT Medication
  • Syringes and Needles:
    |--- Luer Lock Syringes
    |--- 21g Needles (1" to 1.5") for drawing
    |--- 25g Needles (1" to 1.5") for injecting Glutes
    |--- 25g Needles (1") for injecting anywhere else (Not necessary if only injecting Glutes.)
    |--- Alcohol injection swabs
Optional Items
  • HCG
    |--- Bacteriostatic Water
  • SERM (in case of gyno flair-up)
    |--- Raloxifene
    or
    |--- Nolvadex
Why 3 Vials of Testosterone?
On a lot of forums the first cycle advised to new steroid users is 10-12 weeks. 10 weeks is slightly too little. 12 weeks is fine, but you will have Test left in the vial. For this reason, you may go up to 15 weeks. Given this is your first cycle and will likely yield some of the most dramatic results, (assuming diet, training and rest are on point) you want to strike a balance between maximizing your gain and minimizing the time it will take to recover from the cycle and any potential side effects. It is always recommended to at least PCT for your first cycle vs. Blast & Cruise.

Testosterone Enanthate Or Testosterone Cypionate?
What's The Difference?
Approximately nothing. Definitely nothing that is going to make a difference in choosing one or the other for our purposes. Read the specifics below:

• The ester weights are almost identical, with Cypionate being ever so-slightly heavier.
    Meaning there is ever so-slightly more actual testosterone hormone (~1%) in Enanthate.
  • The terminal half-lives are also almost identical.
    Enanthate is 4.5 days.
    Cypionate is 5 days.
    This will result in ever so-slightly more stable bloods with Cypionate.
  • For some, they may experience a slight difference in potential Post Injection Pain (PIP). This is due to Cypionate having a higher melting point than Enanthate, making Cypionate more prone to being able to cause PIP. This all depends on how your Testosterone was brewed by your source/supplier.
Thanks for the link man👍

First day posting , Glad to see this document being used here, I live by it. I had used a dozen different compounds in my youth but starting at 500mg a week when I gt back on after years of being off was essential in learning how to do things ‘the right way.’

I used gear recklessly and uninformed back then, I was lucky enough to know a few old powerlifters to keep me from totally fucking myself up, in 2001 there wasn’t a lot of resources out there. The Wiki and community at r/steroids have been invaluable to me when I started up again in the last few years regarding TRT and cycling.

Recognize a few names from r/steroids as well, good to see. A lot of guys from my era and before me as well here, won’t feel so damn old lol

Quick question: I know its proper protocol to use a new draw needle every time but do most actually do that? Anyone ever just reuse their draw needle multiple times? If so, how many times?

Also, do you reuse your syringe barrel? Again, if so, how many times?
I use a drawer every time. I use an 18 gauge needle as it is so fast in drawing the liquid in, not like a 25 gauge which is wicked slow. I inject with a 23 gauge so the injection is not wicked slow going in as well, a 25g I usually am straining to get the stuff to go in that my hand hurts after the injection so I just upped to a 23 which flows pretty well. The 23 gauge is not so large that it hurts like a sob to get in there. I reuse my drawer numerous times but after about 10 times I turf it as I have had the drawer contaminate a bottle of test before cause I used it to long. so now I throw out the drawer after about 10 uses.

First day posting , Glad to see this document being used here, I live by it. I had used a dozen different compounds in my youth but starting at 500mg a week when I gt back on after years of being off was essential in learning how to do things ‘the right way.’

I used gear recklessly and uninformed back then, I was lucky enough to know a few old powerlifters to keep me from totally fucking myself up, in 2001 there wasn’t a lot of resources out there. The Wiki and community at r/steroids have been invaluable to me when I started up again in the last few years regarding TRT and cycling.

Recognize a few names from r/steroids as well, good to see. A lot of guys from my era and before me as well here, won’t feel so damn old lol
Good article ... A test only cycle is what I always recommend newbies if they ask me cause test is the base chemical for most all the other injectables ... they are just derived from test through various alterations of their chemical make up. It is good not to mix a whole bunch of steroids until you know what the effect testosterone will have on you, physically, mentally and emotionally. I normally do not advise an AI unless their is any sides such as sore nipples during the cycle.

I use a drawer every time. I use an 18 gauge needle as it is so fast in drawing the liquid in, not like a 25 gauge which is wicked slow. I inject with a 23 gauge so the injection is not wicked slow going in as well, a 25g I usually am straining to get the stuff to go in that my hand hurts after the injection so I just upped to a 23 which flows pretty well. The 23 gauge is not so large that it hurts like a sob to get in there. I reuse my drawer numerous times but after about 10 times I turf it as I have had the drawer contaminate a bottle of test before cause I used it to long. so now I throw out the drawer after about 10 uses.
Probably not the right thread to advocate reusing needles...

Last edited:
Good article ... A test only cycle is what I always recommend newbies if they ask me cause test is the base chemical for most all the other injectables ... they are just derived from test through various alterations of their chemical make up. It is good not to mix a whole bunch of steroids until you know what the effect testosterone will have on you, physically, mentally and emotionally. I normally do not advise an AI unless their is any sides such as sore nipples during the cycle.

LOL I don’t know how many times I’ve argued against this regurgitated thing everyone seems to believed

Probably not the right thread to advocate reusing needles...
Not reuse in the sense of pinning which I don't advocate ... I was mentioning it just for drawing. Was just answering a question on this thread. Guess I need a little more guidance on answering questions. Won't mention it again if it a sensitive thing to discuss.

Not reuse in the sense of pinning which I don't advocate ... I was mentioning it just for drawing. Was just answering a question on this thread. Guess I need a little more guidance on answering questions. Won't mention it again if it a sensitive thing to discuss.
This thread is geared towards helping noobs. Best to KISS and teach good practice from the start... as soon as you've used a needle for drawing or to pin, it goes straight in the needle bin. Always use a new needle for drawing & pinning.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend... its just the nature of this thread & we have had one guy already asking if its OK to sharpen his needles with a file and sterilize in them in the oven... lol

LOL I don’t know how many times I’ve argued against this regurgitated thing everyone seems to believed
Everyone has there own opinion and I would like to hear yours, as I am always open to other opinions. You have to start somewhere so why not start with the basics. It's as good of an answer as any. Because most all the people I have talked to and know that use PED's start with test and then add on as a stack, why not. It is readily available, It is normally cheaper than the other AAS's, I have had worse side on other injectables compared to test ( tren- night sweats, insomnia, aggression... deca - limp dick, EQ - can't comment never used yet) ... again you have to start somewhere if your going to use injectables. Now if your using orals as well some people dislike to inject so my answer would be different then. A lot of recommendation are subjective and based on experience and they can be argued many ways. I don't think anyone would be wrong if they had another approach to 'start with test'. :)

This thread is geared towards helping noobs. Best to KISS and teach good practice from the start... as soon as you've used a needle for drawing or to pin, it goes straight in the needle bin. Always use a new needle for drawing & pinning.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend... its just the nature of this thread & we have had one guy already asking if its OK to sharpen his needles with a file and sterilize in them in the oven... lol
Oh no problem, not offended at all. And your right if this is a newbie thread reuse of needles is probably not the best thing to be discussing. Sharpening of needles ... never heard that one before ...lol

Everyone has there own opinion and I would like to hear yours, as I am always open to other opinions. You have to start somewhere so why not start with the basics. It's as good of an answer as any. Because most all the people I have talked to and know that use PED's start with test and then add on as a stack, why not. It is readily available, It is normally cheaper than the other AAS's, I have had worse side on other injectables compared to test ( tren- night sweats, insomnia, aggression... deca - limp dick, EQ - can't comment never used yet) ... again you have to start somewhere if your going to use injectables. Now if your using orals as well some people dislike to inject so my answer would be different then. A lot of recommendation are subjective and based on experience and they can be argued many ways. I don't think anyone would be wrong if they had another approach to 'start with test'. :)

Since I’ve gone over this a million times I will just paste something from the past. It might not exactly fit your questions but you will perhaps understand what I’m saying

Of course there are many choices
What bugs me is guys that Parrot that your first cycle should be 500mgs of test
That’s it that’s all that’s the only way to do it.

You ask them the reason, they all say the same thing. So you know how you react to 500mgs Test
So what!?! What if you want to run 500mgs of test suspension next time??? Completely different experience.

And why shouldn’t your first cycle be 125mgs test with 300 mgs of primo???
Then you would know how you react to TRT level of test with Primo. You won’t likely hold any water, won’t need AI, and it could be argued that this is the absolute safest cycle.

What if the guy has been training naturally for years and just wants to preserve muscle mass during a cut??? Should it be 500mgs of test because that’s what the parrots say?

What if it’s an endurance athlete?

MMA fighter

Powerlifter running something prior to a contest but can’t gain much weight

Yup gotta be 500 test so you know how you react to it right???🥴

See where I am going with this?

Since I’ve gone over this a million times I will just paste something from the past. It might not exactly fit your questions but you will perhaps understand what I’m saying

You ask them the reason, they all say the same thing. So you know how you react to 500mgs Test
So what!?! What if you want to run 500mgs of test suspension next time??? Completely different experience.

Then you would know how you react to TRT level of test with Primo. You won’t likely hold any water, won’t need AI, and it could be argued that this is the absolute safest cycle.

What if the guy has been training naturally for years and just wants to preserve muscle mass during a cut??? Should it be 500mgs of test because that’s what the parrots say?

MMA fighter

I see your point. Makes sense for sure.

Reactions: 3ml

MMA fighter

I don't disagree with this reply at all. When we were talking about a newbie I guess I was making the assumption that it was someone that wanted to gain some muscle size and some mass and did not care much about water retention. You are right on matching a persons objectives to what is recommended. And I do have a lot of guys that provide me with input on what they don't want like little water retention, or significant muscle and strength gains etc. I guess I should have stated my assumptions first. And I said 'test only' not 500mg of test as I only do 250mg of test e for trt a week and sometime I prolong the injections to 10 days based on how I feel. If there are specific goals and parameters, a trained athlete, not a newbie want to achieve then yes the recommendations will change. Thanks for the input and this comment sure clarified your earlier comment :)

I try my first cycle for 30mg to 50mg. During this, I want to start injections. Test E purchased in has a pretty long ester, as I probably know, so I try to inject every 3rd day (E3D). Here’s the thing: My first cycle is usually how I think my best cycle if I will do it right. So I keep that Test E dosage around 500mg split every 3rd day.

Really advise!

I try my first cycle for 30mg to 50mg. During this, I want to start injections. Test E purchased https://120kgs.org/oral-steroids in has a pretty long ester, as I probably know, so I try to inject every 3rd day (E3D). Here’s the thing: My first cycle is usually how I think my best cycle if I will do it right. So I keep that Test E dosage around 500mg split every 3rd day.

Last edited: