You got to be fucking kidding me

In that instance it all comes down to potential liability. People will make mistakes and then try and avoid responsibility for their actions. Ultimately, the school is responsible should anything occur. Another missed opportunity. Instead of looking like an ass, a simple explanation why they can't play on school property would have been far more constructive.

Referencing liability in general.

Let's say I'm an old guy who happens to own a small field that includes a few trees adjacent to a subdivision. For decades kids have congregated to play baseball, tag, and whatnot. Let's say a kid trips and falls on a dead branch that had fallen from a tree. If there's an injury, let's say that stick struck the child in the eye, permanently blinding the child, I would bet dimes to dollars that in most cases the parents would be looking for damages and suing my ass. These days you need to cover your ass six way to Sunday, b/c people will not accept responsibility for their actions.

I recall when I was in school a kid got hit in the face with a snowball and it injured his eye. It's not an issue with snowball fights per se, it's the liability if a kid loses his/her eye. Same goes with dodgeball. I saw a kid get knocked clear off his feet from a ball to the face. Should that kid suffer a serious injury, aside from his bloody nose, it puts the school in a very difficult position.
And you just explained the whole problem with society now. Everything has been wrecked because of litigation.
Nothing fun is allowed because of potential lawsuits.

I understand why they were not allowed, but if we continue in this direction, I feel depression is going to become huge.

Btw, with all the teacher bashing.

There are still a lot of great caring teachers. Sometimes their hands are tied also. It’s not like individual teachers get to pick the rules.

I just think the rules being brought down from above are getting a bit silly.

Also, maybe morale is going down with teachers becausectheir hands are tied. It’s hard to do a 120% job when you are deflated. And really who can just give up their carreer? Shit I wouldn’t give up theur benefits and pension, lol.

Btw, with all the teacher bashing.

There are still a lot of great caring teachers. Sometimes their hands are tied also. It’s not like individual teachers get to pick the rules.

I just think the rules being brought down from above are getting a bit silly.

Also, maybe morale is going down with teachers becausectheir hands are tied. It’s hard to do a 120% job when you are deflated. And really who can just give up their carreer? Shit I wouldn’t give up theur benefits and pension, lol.
Teachers hands are tied these days... everyone's are when it comes to kids... teachers can't even raise there voices to kids.. that are being unruly and disruptive.

Also kids aren't allowed to have fun anymore.. rules for this rules for that.

Both sides are suffering!!

Let kids be kids and have fun and enjoy being at school. But let teachers have the power to discipline kids to an extent.
I remember my old teachers slamming the ruler on my desk when I was goofing off... It got my attention real quick!! Lol

Teachers hands are tied these days... everyone's are when it comes to kids... teachers can't even raise there voices to kids.. that are being unruly and disruptive.

Also kids aren't allowed to have fun anymore.. rules for this rules for that.

Both sides are suffering!!

Let kids be kids and have fun and enjoy being at school. But let teachers have the power to discipline kids to an extent.
I remember my old teachers slamming the ruler on my desk when I was goofing off... It got my attention real quick!! Lol
We had one that would throw chalk at you, lol. No one screwed around in his class.

Perfect example of absolute stupidity running amok. There's a wealth of scientific evidence that correlates standard time with improved health and wellness, but we'll go against that in the interest of encouraging shopping.

Personally, I want it to be light out when I wake up, not until late in the evening. Natural biological rhythms have evolved to be what they are for a reason.

Perfect example of absolute stupidity running amok. There's a wealth of scientific evidence that correlates standard time with improved health and wellness, but we'll go against that in the interest of encouraging shopping.

Personally, I want it to be light out when I wake up, not until late in the evening. Natural biological rhythms have evolved to be what they are for a reason.
Oh we are on the opposite ends. I’m a night owl. It kills me to wake at 6:30 but I do it.
For years I worked until midnight or later, I get a second wind around 9:30, that’s usually when I train.
Biggest thing I miss about Edmonton is the late nights in the summer.

But I do t card which way they put it, just quit moving it around, there is no need anymore now that we have electricity in our homes, lol