Working out on the road

eazy57

So the past 6 months have been insane as far as work goes. Not having gyms open and being away from home a lot makes getting a decent workout in challenging.

For those here that travel a lot for work, what gear do you travel with in order to get a good workout in a hotel room? I've been using resistance bands and those push up bars..
Things I can pack in my suitcase.

What other things can I get to tide me over until gyms reopen?

So the past 6 months have been insane as far as work goes. Not having gyms open and being away from home a lot makes getting a decent workout in challenging.

For those here that travel a lot for work, what gear do you travel with in order to get a good workout in a hotel room? I've been using resistance bands and those push up bars..

Thats all I really use. Pushup handles, some bands and a door achor. I was doing some really high rep bodyweight squats.. its a crazy pump ,but not sure if it builds muscle..lol. i think I went up to 75.
One of them trx systems might be ok, but I haven't tried one

Thats all I really use. Pushup handles, some bands and a door achor. I was doing some really high rep bodyweight squats.. its a crazy pump ,but not sure if it builds muscle..lol. i think I went up to 75.
One of them trx systems might be ok, but I haven't tried one
I dont expect to build muscle really. It's more about creating a great pump, blood flow, and maintaining some level of consistent exercise and tension on the muscles. Even the small workout areas in hotels are closed. You should be able to rent dumbbells etc or something to your room.

I dont expect to build muscle really. It's more about creating a great pump, blood flow, and maintaining some level of consistent exercise and tension on the muscles. Even the small workout areas in hotels are closed. You should be able to rent dumbbells etc or something to your room.
I work on an industrial site so I basically look at everything as some type of workout. I was doing rows with anything I could get ahold of. ( long pipes, toolboxes, big valves..etc. )Chin ups off pipes with all my gear on, coveralls radio, boots, etc. Adds about 20 lbs..lol. then I just did band work for triceps, shoulders in my room. I got bored of the bands pretty quick. I do like them for shoulder raises thou.. higher you go the harder it gets.

pretty much the same as you and @Cheapshot said and I will take my lighter adjustable dumbbell set that goes to 50 lbs if I am going to be away for a week or two. Three bands, push up handles, and my adjustable DB's. I'm cutting down to 220 slowly anyway so I don't mind higher rep work or BW exercises. Fewer injuries and anyone who has used a couple high end bands together at the same time can attest to their ability to provide good resistance for a lot of exercises.

Do your hotels not have gyms?

I would bring a back pack and load it with water bottles for squats. I used to bring a portable pull up bar for door frames. Then alternate between wide grip and close grip push-ups. Bands for curling and lateral raises.

Traveling on the road is hard in general for diet as well. Currently on the road, about to set up my instant pot. But gotta make do

I would bring a back pack and load it with water bottles for squats. I used to bring a portable pull up bar for door frames. Then alternate between wide grip and close grip push-ups. Bands for curling and lateral raises.

Traveling on the road is hard in general for diet as well. Currently on the road, about to set up my instant pot. But gotta make do
They probably have gyms but they are not open because of covid ffs.

Yea, hotel gyms are closed due to covid.

I have the x3 bar and a bunch of bands, door anchors, etc.

And i have a set of adjustable dumbbells.

I used to use app workouts if I was gone for a week or two. There are some OK bodyweight ones out there, I had one that was all different types of push-ups, kinda cool but would only use it while traveling. You might be able to find some apps that can supplement a day here and there. Sometimes I go for a run and find a park where I could do some pull-ups or dips. I don't love running, but I can get into circuit training where I'll sprint up a hill, come down do push-ups, crawl up on all fours, come down do abs, repeat or add something else in.

I'm too old to give a fuck what people think of me, lol.

When things were open I got a membership at Fit4less as they have gyms in pretty much every larger city in Ontario.

Used to have the door chin up bar and a heavy kettle bell.

John Meddows had some good home workout videos for covid that would probably be do-able in a hotel.
A couple chairs can do lots like dips, or get your feet up to and do some deep pushups.
If you got lots of stairs too, that could work.

Im also not sure how your traveling but a set of adjust dumbells in your vehicle would be great. But if your flying like me 120lb adjustable dumbbells dont really work...lol

I have adjustable dumbbells but I think they'd be a bit too much to travel with. Bands are decent enough to get the blood flowing for relatively decent pump.

Obviously when I get home I have good workouts with equipment I have at home.

I have a Goodlife membership and when they're open they're in almost every town I work in. Can't wait. Although I'm hoping they open 24 hrs. My work hours are pretty fucked up.

So basically everyone is doing what I'm already doing. I was just curious as to any alternatives. I'll definitely see what John Meadows has. I like his workouts.

Resistance bands here as well. I did find collapsible straight bar and built a small platform to give me even more options.

i got a 5.11 24L backpack. i bought a 20L camping water cube. i can fill it enough to almost 45lb. ive never seen a backpack that cant take such abuse. i do squats and dl with bands and weight. weighted push up, pull ups. i use rings to do weighted rows. weighted sit up. single leg squats. straight arm lifts. use rings nylon strap connected to the back pack to do cable pull downs. i do this all at playgrounds.
who knew little girls are so territorial?