Working out at home.

Test4life

Trusted Member
Hey guys. My province makes you make an appointment to go to your gym. My job dose not allow me that luxury. So I’ve build a solid home gym and I find I’m making amazing gains at home. What I have: bench press with bar, adjustable dumbbells (plates), basic bench I use for core, back, lunges and whatever else. I know it’s basic but it’s everything I need to get me where I’m going. Looking for new workouts, combinations. If this is what you guys had access to what would you do?

Stick to the basics, all these can be done with barbell or dumbbells
bench
Overhead press
Bent Rows
Stiff leg deads
Front squats
Deadlifts
Front, side raises

I was thinking about getting some bands. I also saw those pulleys advertised, but I’m a little sceptical. How dose the pulley work so far?

I was going lots of super sets and giant sets when working out at home as I didnt have a lot of weight.

Just an example would be start with flat bench, go right into DB floor press, then push ups, followed by band flys (put the band around your back and then fly). That would be one set. Do that 3 or 4 times and you'll be growing.

Reactions: Cog
I love working out at home.
But I find you need to leave the phone and ipad in another room or your training will suffer.

Only thing I find is since the different exercises you can do are limited, I have pretty much got to a point where I do the exact same workout every time.

So chest
Incline dumbells
Pec deck
Flat bench
Incline pushups until failure

I have not noticed any difference in growth or shape. Maybe once in a while I’ll toss something else in there.

I don’t miss the gym, but I do miss a training partner.