Who Values Sledge Hammer Work?

Cog

Trusted Member
Heavy axe could count as well.
Who believes these movements are beneficial?

actually previous shoulder dislocation. I was too cheap to buy a woodsplitter

I think for strength these implements are amazing! Splitting tree after tree for my old man when I was young kept me in great overall shape. I think it’s true for most physical Labour, you take any guy working in the trades they have above average strength, maybe not size but strength.

Anyhow these movements are great for the core to create power.

I strongly beleive any ol fashion grunt work is beneficial, anywhere from shoveling, swinging axes/hammers, whomping ground rods, carrying 5 gallon pales full of tools ect ect.

There's being strong in the gym and then there's being work strong. I've seen tons of large dudes come out in the work force and you'd expect lots outa of them but they can't grunt. Take some guys out of their controlled gym movements and they are pouched with manual labor.

I strongly beleive any ol fashion grunt work is beneficial, anywhere from shoveling, swinging axes/hammers, whomping ground rods, carrying 5 gallon pales full of tools ect ect.

There's being strong in the gym and then there's being work strong. I've seen tons of large dudes come out in the work force and you'd expect lots outa of them but they can't grunt. Take some guys out of their controlled gym movements and they are pouched with manual labor.
Two examples I remember.Brought this guys wife's little brother to the site.Near 300 rugby player.
His core was terribly weak, couldn't rake gravel,40 mm.
Old friend was in concrete.Years back,I was strong in the gym,but locking up with him it was like he was encased in concrete at the waist.Couldnt push him around.