Who had the biggest baddest back in all of BodyBuilding

PGM

Trusted Member
In my mind this is a no brainer - Ronny Coleman had the widest thickest back of all time and Dorian is a good second choice.

Fuck I hate when they photo shop stuff, but in the video they do not, except maybe one pic.

Ronnie had a simple way of training his back

Ronnie Coleman’s Back Workout​

Thickness Workout​

1. Deadlifts: 4 sets 6-12 reps
  2. Barbell rows: 3 sets 10-12 reps
  3. T-bar rows: 3 sets 10-12 reps
  4. 1-arm dumbbell row: 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Width Workout​

1. Barbell rows: 5 sets 10-12 reps
  2. Seated cable row: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
  3. Lever machine pulldown: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
  4. Front pulldown (underhand): 3 sets of 10-12 reps

Last edited:
Ronnie, yates, columbo and stubbs all crazy backs. Back is the one area I believe should be trained heavy no matter what. Light rows or pulldowns do nothing imo

Dorian was the reason why I do deadlifts and bent rows.
I just picked up blood and guts off ebay and was watching it yesterday. Yates gets setup to do some deadlifts.. I started getting pumped..lol.. I think he only put 3 plates on a side. Gets setup.. and starts fucking rowing it...lol.. I was shocked.

Reactions: PGM
I think from an overall Mr. Olympia standpoint, Ronnie has the best back of all time but I just love the density and thickness Dorian brought. Especially in this pose, to me it just speaks to the intensity of his training.

Attachments

• dorian-yates-5.jpg
    dorian-yates-5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 9
IMO Ronnie, without a doubt.
So Far anyway.
Rows, pulldowns with underhand grip, deads, one arn rows...Just thinking about it makes my back tingle. One of my favorite training days, bis and back.

I’ve always liked the amount of detail in Phil heaths back. Definitely some crazy detail/3D effects going on there. As far as strait up freaky backs it would have to be Ronnie Coleman hands down!

Reactions: PGM
Ronnie, yates, columbo and stubbs all crazy backs. Back is the one area I believe should be trained heavy no matter what. Light rows or pulldowns do nothing imo
totally agree. the back is made for heavy work and response well to it. Especially deadlifts for me and a lot of heavy rowing movements.