Who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?!

Fuck Covid, fuck Ford, and FUCK turdeau.

I’m leaving in less than two weeks to go paddling in the arctic watershed for just shy of a month. Gonna paddle some whitewater.

Who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?

Minor background for me....I work in the health care field. I personally have a mental health disorder and I need this. I need to be alone and free in the wilderness. I am 100% self sufficient and have experience in the area I will be travelling in. I have all expedition grade equipment. At work I am seeing drug overdoses sky rocketing as well as domestics and severe mental health anguish in patients. Yes Covid is serious...my wife had it. But so is suicide.

I’m not asking for a debate here, just curious as to who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?

Also, I’m fully vaccinated and will be in complete self isolation for nearly a month.
You gotta do what you gotta do. Enjoy

I have a couple personal friends that have gone south. Costa Rica, they don’t regret it for a second. People are progressive there and truly free.
Exactly where the wife and I am going when we r 65. 3 more years. Need to look into getting a visa or how to legally stay there 365. Once that is done... home free.

Fuck Covid, fuck Ford, and FUCK turdeau.

I’m leaving in less than two weeks to go paddling in the arctic watershed for just shy of a month. Gonna paddle some whitewater.

Who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?

Minor background for me....I work in the health care field. I personally have a mental health disorder and I need this. I need to be alone and free in the wilderness. I am 100% self sufficient and have experience in the area I will be travelling in. I have all expedition grade equipment. At work I am seeing drug overdoses sky rocketing as well as domestics and severe mental health anguish in patients. Yes Covid is serious...my wife had it. But so is suicide.

I’m not asking for a debate here, just curious as to who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?

Also, I’m fully vaccinated and will be in complete self isolation for nearly a month.
Sounds like heaven. Enjoy!

Lol
I remember 15-20 yrs ago sitting in lectures being taught on how to look out for manipulating media, bias media, brainwashing media, etc.
I kid you not we'd split into groups carefully analyzing what we'd see in the news and what we'd read the news. Most of us caught it, after carefull analysis. Fast forward to today, the media outlets, despite it's source, and especially the larger media corporations, make it unbelievably easy to see the lies and manipulation. Critical thinking, or even basic thinking, no longer required. Either people have become incredibly dumb or media outlets don't give a fukc because "I can manipulate you, even though I know you know I am".
My favourite is the “fact checkers”
🤣

Reactions: 3ml
Texas may have a surplus of healthcare b/c not everyone can afford health insurance. That's one of the main issues in the U.S.

Nearly all developed countries have universal health care. Of course, if your pockets are deep enough you can afford private health insurance then great, but then you need to make sure your plan covers everything you need. Our healthcare system could be managed better, that much is for certain, but access to quality and timely healthcare is a right, not a privilege. The U.S. is the only developed country w/o universal heathcare. That's the attitude in the U.S. Oddly enough, in spite of their model the U.S. spends more of health care than those with universal health care.

"Health spending per person in the U.S. was $10,966 in 2019, which was 42% higher than Switzerland, the country with the next highest per capita health spending." One of the main reasons is the exorbitant costs, every company trying to make as much money as they can, and also tremendous waste.

Research the benefits of the Affordable Care Act. Many people who could not afford healthcare in the U.S. have greatly benefited from the ACA. It has enabled 23 million people the opportunity to have medical coverage.

Lastly, and this goes without saying, Kenny is a half-witted mouthpiece, nothing more, and you're giving that weasel far too much credit. Mainly, correlation does not equal causation. That's a Kenny move right there if there ever was one. lol

Things are on the upswing.
The first line is far as I read before I realized you are flawed.
Their healthcare can only stay a float with paying customers. No paying customers, no healthcare.
What you are saying is equivalent to saying. ‘There is a lot of flooring stores becayse no one can afford to install flooring’
Also what you may not understand is everyone has access to healthcare in the USA, even if they can’t afford it. I didn’t know this either until my cousin that lives in Texas pointed me out to this. But the standard healthcare is of less quality, likely as shity as what we get here, he said the wait time for anything major is long, just like here.

As an example, I could have had the vein in my leg repaired thru OHIP, but the wait time was a year, so I opted to pay to have it repaired earlier. So in actuality I helped to improve the basic healthcare by opening a spot for someone who couldn’t afford to pay.

Now healthcare payouts in the USA may be high, but how much is covered by insurance, so how much is out of pocket.
Our system is far from free. We pay for it dearly thru our taxes.

Lastly Kenny has been the only politician that has been up front with the people, and then also realized his errors in the way he went about dealing with covid. Btw, every good politician in Alberta has been a mouthpiece, that is what’s good about them, they act more like the average citizen than a politician. Last really good politician in Alberta was Ralph Klein, and truthfully unless you have lived in Alberta long term, you really don’t have a clue. It is nothing like Ontario. Common sense is a lot more prevalent than optics. It’s one of the things I miss.

Well, knowing now how you feel about it i have decided to never visit that website again.
maybe follow a website that shows their work, interviews from doctors, studys from universitys references etc you posted what was clearly someones opinionated published paper. yourself and mike adams call people "sheeple" however he has contradicting believes and clearly doesent show his work and you follow him... you fail to see the irony here?

maybe follow a website that shows their work, interviews from doctors, studys from universitys references etc you posted what was clearly someones opinionated published paper. yourself and mike adams call people "sheeple" however he has contradicting believes and clearly doesent show his work and you follow him... you fail to see the irony here?
Two things.
First, please show me where i used the term “sheeple”. You cant, so fuck off.
Second, i frequent many, many websites, both left leaning and right leaning on a daily basis. I follow both sides of the argument very closely for over a decade now. I promise you, you couldnt keep up with me for 30 sec in a real political discussion.
Now, put your money where your big mouth is, and reply with a list of the credible websites you reference that show their work, university studies and interviews with doctors. I am sure they are all in you browser favourites and readily available, but have a feeling you wont be doing this cause something tells me you just follow the trends on social media and simply regurgitate the crap you see when you read headlines only and consider yourself educated and informed. Maybe I am wrong, and if so thats fine. Guess we shall see.
For the record, although i visit Natural News on occasion, it is nowhere near the top of my list for sources of information, but i had a feeling the headline alone would trigger the weak minded, hateful few out there, and well, we all know how that worked out, dont we? Whats even funnier is i didnt even make it past the first paragraph cause the story didnt really interest me. It did however seem like perfect bait when fishing for the unhinged.
I expect you should be able to put that list together fairly quickly, because you dont just use your computer for tic tok and shit. You use it to learn. So lets have it smart guy.
Lastly, congratulations on figuring out that was an opinion piece. Not sure how long that took you, but either way great job detective.

Two things.
First, please show me where i used the term “sheeple”. You cant, so fuck off.
Second, i frequent many, many websites, both left leaning and right leaning on a daily basis. I follow both sides of the argument very closely for over a decade now. I promise you, you couldnt keep up with me for 30 sec in a real political discussion.
Now, put your money where your big mouth is, and reply with a list of the credible websites you reference that show their work, university studies and interviews with doctors. I am sure they are all in you browser favourites and readily available, but have a feeling you wont be doing this cause something tells me you just follow the trends on social media and simply regurgitate the crap you see when you read headlines only and consider yourself educated and informed. Maybe I am wrong, and if so thats fine. Guess we shall see.
For the record, although i visit Natural News on occasion, it is nowhere near the top of my list for sources of information, but i had a feeling the headline alone would trigger the weak minded, hateful few out there, and well, we all know how that worked out, dont we? Whats even funnier is i didnt even make it past the first paragraph cause the story didnt really interest me. It did however seem like perfect bait when fishing for the unhinged.
I expect you should be able to put that list together fairly quickly, because you dont just use your computer for tic tok and shit. You use it to learn. So lets have it smart guy.
Lastly, congratulations on figuring out that was an opinion piece. Not sure how long that took you, but either way great job detective.
Sounds like you have it all figured out. You study for a decade and that article is what you come forth with? Congratulations on time well spent

The first line is far as I read before I realized you are flawed.
Their healthcare can only stay a float with paying customers. No paying customers, no healthcare.
What you are saying is equivalent to saying. ‘There is a lot of flooring stores becayse no one can afford to install flooring’
Also what you may not understand is everyone has access to healthcare in the USA, even if they can’t afford it. I didn’t know this either until my cousin that lives in Texas pointed me out to this. But the standard healthcare is of less quality, likely as shity as what we get here, he said the wait time for anything major is long, just like here.

As an example, I could have had the vein in my leg repaired thru OHIP, but the wait time was a year, so I opted to pay to have it repaired earlier. So in actuality I helped to improve the basic healthcare by opening a spot for someone who couldn’t afford to pay.

Now healthcare payouts in the USA may be high, but how much is covered by insurance, so how much is out of pocket.
Our system is far from free. We pay for it dearly thru our taxes.

Lastly Kenny has been the only politician that has been up front with the people, and then also realized his errors in the way he went about dealing with covid. Btw, every good politician in Alberta has been a mouthpiece, that is what’s good about them, they act more like the average citizen than a politician. Last really good politician in Alberta was Ralph Klein, and truthfully unless you have lived in Alberta long term, you really don’t have a clue. It is nothing like Ontario. Common sense is a lot more prevalent than optics. It’s one of the things I miss.
The first comment wrt to the surplus was just that, a comment. The fact that many cannot afford/access quality healthcare is a reality, and yeah, you can get basic healthcare in the U.S., but it is not comparable to what we have here.

I wasn't referring to healthcare payouts. The U.S. spends more on its healthcare budget per capita, or to put it another way, the U.S. government has the highest healthcare budget among developed nations, but their population is worse for it. And, that's in spite of the fact that much of that comes from privatized health insurance. Per person, the U.S. government pays more on healthcare than countries with universal healthcare.

If we were to switch to a private system our government would be paying more, which would be worse for our country as a whole, just so people can pay a bit less taxes. Doesn't make sense to me.

As someone who has greatly benefited from the health services our country provides I appreciate far better than most what it means to have access to quality health care. Yes, the wait times can be an issue, but it's not the be all end all.

I was a fan of Ralph Klein, but Kenny is no Klein. I've been listening to Kenny since he was the minister of immigration, and although he may have had a moment here or there, I was never a fan. Kenny is all about optics. I find it amusing that his own caucus has been trying to oust him, however, that's all I know on the matter.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have it all figured out. You study for a decade and that article is what you come forth with? Congratulations on time well spent
Thanks for proving my point. I honestly didnt expect anything more from you than a smart ass comment. You have zero credibility with me from here on out. Im not going to waste time going back and fourth with someone who really doesnt even follow in the first place.
maybe you should just stick to your debates in the you tube comment section and your liberal cesspools like facebook and twitter.
Until you show me reference to all this knowledge you think you have, conversation is over. My guess is that will be indefinitely.
Good luck, and careful that heard doesnt lead you over a cliff.

I guess it's good we debate here. Keeps traffic going on this site we like, gets people involved.

In the end though, one side is right.

Either the "you aren't believing the science, you must be a Trump fan, anti-masker, we will all kill everyone if we don't follow these government rules and get this vaccine that is way safer than Covid. I am trusting the government and turning in my neighbours."

Or

The " Dr's and politicians are humans too, flawed, greedy, and power corrupts, the little lies led to bigger ones, the taste of money and power. The vaccine was rushed and uses a not fully understood technology, and our rights are worth more than this glorified flu and the economy will suffer for years from debt and business damage, metal health etc. with less deaths in 2020 than 2017"

One side is right, one isn't . History will judge those on the wrong side harshly with something of this magnitude. I'm confident with my side.

Are you with yours? Really. Really?! And if you're side is wrong, are you all mature enough to admit it, or will it be Trump's fault again somehow?

Know what I mean, jellybeans? ;)

I already know the answers to what I asked above, but this is my first free time today and I just wanted to type something out and vent ;)

Thanks for proving my point. I honestly didnt expect anything more from you than a smart ass comment. You have zero credibility with me from here on out. Im not going to waste time going back and fourth with someone who really doesnt even follow in the first place.
maybe you should just stick to your debates in the you tube comment section and your liberal cesspools like facebook and twitter.
Until you show me reference to all this knowledge you think you have, conversation is over. My guess is that will be indefinitely.
Good luck, and careful that heard doesnt lead you over a cliff

I guess it's good we debate here. Keeps traffic going on this site we like, gets people involved.

In the end though, one side is right.

Either the "you aren't believing the science, you must be a Trump fan, anti-masker, we will all kill everyone if we don't follow these government rules and get this vaccine that is way safer than Covid. I am trusting the government and turning in my neighbours."

Or

The " Dr's and politicians are humans too, flawed, greedy, and power corrupts, the little lies led to bigger ones, the taste of money and power. The vaccine was rushed and uses a not fully understood technology, and our rights are worth more than this glorified flu and the economy will suffer for years from debt and business damage, metal health etc. with less deaths in 2020 than 2017"

One side is right, one isn't . History will judge those on the wrong side harshly with something of this magnitude. I'm confident with my side.

Are you with yours? Really. Really?! And if you're side is wrong, are you all mature enough to admit it, or will it be Trump's fault again somehow?

Know what I mean, jellybeans? ;)

I already know the answers to what I asked above, but this is my first free time today and I just wanted to type something out and vent ;)
man that was a loaded question. how does one side know "the truths" 100%? saying i do research from reading things online is considered second hand info. so your saying i know because i know. i said previously in a post all i know is from others which means personally i dont know anything. im not claiming to know the absolute truth, im looking for your proof that superbeast seems to have.

The first comment wrt to the surplus was just that, a comment. The fact that many cannot afford/access quality healthcare is a reality, and yeah, you can get basic healthcare in the U.S., but it is not comparable to what we have here.

I wasn't referring to healthcare payouts. The U.S. spends more on its healthcare budget per capita, or to put it another way, the U.S. government has the highest healthcare budget among developed nations, but their population is worse for it. And, that's in spite of the fact that much of that comes from privatized health insurance. Per person, the U.S. government pays more on healthcare than countries with universal healthcare.

If we were to switch to a private system our government would be paying more, which would be worse for our country as a whole, just so people can pay a bit less taxes. Doesn't make sense to me.

As someone who has greatly benefited from the health services our country provides I appreciate far better than most what it means to have access to quality health care. Yes, the wait times can be an issue, but it's not the be all end all.

I was a fan of Ralph Klein, but Kenny is no Klein. I've been listening to Kenny since he was the minister of immigration, and although he may have had a moment here or there, I was never a fan. Kenny is all about optics. I find it amusing that his own caucus has been trying to oust him, however, that's all I know on the matter.
Id bet healthcare per capita is likely higher, but you can also get an mri in a week, colon surgery in weeks, among numerous other things.
Our healthcare professionals leave Canada to make more money, in places like the USA.
So anyhow, your statement was false, they have an overcapacity because their healthcare is better equipped. This was shown during the pandemic, it really brought out the flaws in ours. I bet if we didnt have to destroy our economy many would have rather paid into a more robust healthcare system. Cheaper never means better, ever.

Our healthcare is about the lowest buck, cheapest service they can provide. When you pay for healthcare there is benefits.
For example. I looked into getting my colon resectioned in the USA because after my 3rd major colon infection, I was told the wait was still over a year to have it repaired. It was not deemed essential, but elective. Each time my colon infected, the blockage became worse as scar tissue built up, to the point where I was taking restorlax plus fibre so I could shit out the consistancy of soft icecream (you know like mcdonalds) or I had massive extreme pain like I was being stabbed all day long after going. Each time I had an infection, it would get into my blood stream, each time chancing sepsis and death. But that isn’t essential, I’m not at deaths door yet.
I had to over exaggerate and thank god the lady booking surgery was a customer so I only had to wait 14 months, 2 more infections. Likely 3-4 times a week I wondered if I should go into the hospital to check to see if I had an infection because of the pain. Thank god gh helped a bit.

Anyhow in the US, $50,000 and in 3 weeks I could have had surgery. Only difference was for that money I got a semi private room, for 7 days.

Here I was jammed in with 3 other old noisy dying guys and kicked out after 3 days, because they thought I was fine enough to leave because I could walk. Even in the preop note, it said I didn’t go home until I pooped to make sure my colon was functioning. All they asked was when I brought this up, you can fart, you’ll be fine.

Did you know I asked the surgeon what something like my resection costs and I got more than you want to know, lol.

id bet you money if I paid my extra taxes into insurance, I would have got better after care.

None of my wife’s family in the US has an issue with healthcare there. They said, buy insurance. You get to pick how well cared for you are.

Last edited:
My Aunt just retired after 35 years as a nurse in London. She is a huge advocate for Ontario to have private healthcare facilities for those who can afford it. She says it would alleviate the burden on Ontario's system.

I asked her if she could change one thing about the current healthcare system, she replied "get rid of most middle management". She feels there are too many people in these positions, making a lot of money. They squabble too much and nothing gets done.

She also told me about 10 years ago, it was advised to the powers that be, to get more ICU beds in Ontario incase of a pandemic, but the board chose not to, saying that was not a "reality' in today's age.

Id bet healthcare per capita is likely higher, but you can also get an mri in a week, colon surgery in weeks, among numerous other things.
Our healthcare professionals leave Canada to make more money, in places like the USA.
So anyhow, your statement was false, they have an overcapacity because their healthcare is better equipped. This was shown during the pandemic, it really brought out the flaws in ours. I bet if we didnt have to destroy our economy many would have rather paid into a more robust healthcare system. Cheaper never means better, ever.

Our healthcare is about the lowest buck, cheapest service they can provide. When you pay for healthcare there is benefits.
For example. I looked into getting my colon resectioned in the USA because after my 3rd major colon infection, I was told the wait was still over a year to have it repaired. It was not deemed essential, but elective. Each time my colon infected, the blockage became worse as scar tissue built up, to the point where I was taking restorlax plus fibre so I could shit out the consistancy of soft icecream (you know like mcdonalds) or I had massive extreme pain like I was being stabbed all day long after going. Each time I had an infection, it would get into my blood stream, each time chancing sepsis and death. But that isn’t essential, I’m not at deaths door yet.
I had to over exaggerate and thank god the lady booking surgery was a customer so I only had to wait 14 months, 2 more infections. Likely 3-4 times a week I wondered if I should go into the hospital to check to see if I had an infection because of the pain. Thank god gh helped a bit.

Anyhow in the US, $50,000 and in 3 weeks I could have had surgery. Only difference was for that money I got a semi private room, for 7 days.

Here I was jammed in with 3 other old noisy dying guys and kicked out after 3 days, because they thought I was fine enough to leave because I could walk. Even in the preop note, it said I didn’t go home until I pooped to make sure my colon was functioning. All they asked was when I brought this up, you can fart, you’ll be fine.

Did you know I asked the surgeon what something like my resection costs and I got more than you want to know, lol.

id bet you money if I paid my extra taxes into insurance, I would have got better after care.

None of my wife’s family in the US has an issue with healthcare there. They said, buy insurance. You get to pick how well cared for you are.
I'm sorry about your experience, but as someone who has had 3 major surgeries, had to recover in hospital 2 months following an accident, and has had a multitude of consultations, follow-ups, MRIs, etc etc, I can tell you that I did not receive lowest buck, cheapest service at all.

It sounds like you needed a referral to a more competent specialist. I've had that experience. I've pushed hard to get referrals, I've gone over one dr's head to get to another, and in the end I was better for it. Initially, I wasn't able to get back surgery b/c the tests that are done didn't meet the threshold of need, but it was the surgeon who went out of his way to request an MRI and then inform me that I needed surgery or wind up in a wheelchair. As for my hip replacement, I needed that far sooner, and it was unavoidable as my hip was shattered, so I know what it is likee to wait for care, and I've dealt with severe pain. I was in constant pain, and heavily medicated for the year and half wait it took to get that surgery. So, I get it.

But, at the time of my accident I would have only been able to afford basic health insurance at best, which would have meant losing my leg, b/c the surgery to save it was considered an experimental surgery at the time. Perhaps I just got extremely lucky, but I've had mostly excellent medical care and support throughout my life.

That's the key in the U.S., you need to have the money, and not everyone is so fortunate. Personally, I'm opposed to a mixed model b/c it creates two tiers of care, and I don't agree that wealth should equal better care. Again, the U.S. system is not better it's b/c it's profit driven, and insurance companies and HMO's make shitloads, so there's tons of resistance against universal healthcare, which is in spite of the fact that the majority of American's would prefer to have a universal health care. Ours needs to be better managed, that's the key, and that can be done.

My specialist was trained and had worked in the U.S., but his commitment was to practice in Canada. He was the head of the plastics unit in Ottawa, and then the head of the breast-reconstruction unit at the Toronto Hospital.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your experience, but as someone who has had 3 major surgeries, had to recover in hospital 2 months following an accident, and has had a multitude of consultations, follow-ups, MRIs, etc etc, I can tell you that I did not receive lowest buck, cheapest service at all.

It sounds like you needed a referral to a more competent specialist. I've had that experience. I've pushed hard to get referrals, I've gone over one dr's head to get to another, and in the end I was better for it. Initially, I wasn't able to get back surgery b/c the tests that are done didn't meet the threshold of need, but it was the surgeon who went out of his way to request an MRI and then inform me that I needed surgery or wind up in a wheelchair. As for my hip replacement, I needed that far sooner, and it was unavoidable as my hip was shattered, so I know what it is likee to wait for care, and I've dealt with severe pain. I was in constant pain, and heavily medicated for the year and half wait it took to get that surgery. So, I get it.

But, at the time of my accident I would have only been able to afford basic health insurance at best, which would have meant losing my leg, b/c the surgery to save it was considered an experimental surgery at the time. Perhaps I just got extremely lucky, but I've had mostly excellent medical care and support throughout my life.

That's the key in the U.S., you need to have the money, and not everyone is so fortunate. Personally, I'm opposed to a mixed model b/c it creates two tiers of care, and I don't agree that wealth should equal better care. Again, the U.S. system is not better it's b/c it's profit driven, and insurance companies and HMO's make shitloads, so there's tons of resistance against universal healthcare, which is in spite of the fact that the majority of American's would prefer to have a universal health care. Ours needs to be better managed, that's the key, and that can be done.

My specialist was trained and had worked in the U.S., but his commitment was to practice in Canada. He was the head of the plastics unit in Ottawa, and then the head of the breast-reconstruction unit at the Toronto Hospital.
You can’t use your experience and say, All people in the USA would have poor healthcare.
And you likely would have had a different outcome, if you would have just just followed the system in Canada, instead of working hard to get the best care possible, you likeky would have lost your leg. So it’s not really comparable. But thank god our system worked in your case.
It still failed us as far as covid went though, which was my only point before this turned into a conversation about something entirely different. You said that there was capacity because no one can afford healthcare. All I was arguing was that statement was utterly silly and badly misinformed.
I had the best of the best surgeon perform the operation. It’s just our healthcare systen is so overloaded that is the service you get. The surgeon doesn’t pick my room or my care at the hospital. I was able to return after 7 days to work after having a major surgery. So he must have done something right. Maybe being the head of surgery for over a decade, or the accolades he recieved over his career. But that was a fluke, because here there is a massive shortage of doctors, and online wasn’t a thing then. Pretty hard to get a referral that way. I havnt had a steady doctor in 4 years, and it’s not uncommon. I only got him because I was in the hospital on IV antibiotics after one of my colon infections, he was doing rounds with students and I asked him if this was going to keep reoccurring. He said to get my doctor to do a referral to a specialist, I mentioned who has a doctor and that I didn’t know it could be repaired because after my first infection another surgeon looked right at me and said, “they will not repair this until it becomes really bad, until it likely ruptures, so make it work and don’t put in your mind it will be fixed”. Anyhow my surgeon took pity on me.

I wonder how long it would take me to find a doctor in the USA? I’d bet tomorrow.

Last edited:
You can’t use your experience and say, All people in the USA would have poor healthcare.
And you likely would have had a different outcome, if you would have just just followed the system in Canada, instead of working hard to get the best care possible, you likeky would have lost your leg. So it’s not really comparable. But thank god our system worked in your case.
It still failed us as far as covid went though, which was my only point before this turned into a conversation about something entirely different. You said that there was capacity because no one can afford healthcare. All I was arguing was that statement was utterly silly and badly misinformed.
I had the best of the best surgeon perform the operation. It’s just our healthcare systen is so overloaded that is the service you get. The surgeon doesn’t pick my room or my care at the hospital. I was able to return after 7 days to work after having a major surgery. So he must have done something right. Maybe being the head of surgery for over a decade, or the accolades he recieved over his career. But that was a fluke, because here there is a massive shortage of doctors, and online wasn’t a thing then. Pretty hard to get a referral that way. I havnt had a steady doctor in 4 years, and it’s not uncommon. I only got him because I was in the hospital on IV antibiotics after one of my colon infections, he was doing rounds with students and I asked him if this was going to keep reoccurring. He said to get my doctor to do a referral to a specialist, I mentioned who has a doctor and that I didn’t know it could be repaired because after my first infection another surgeon looked right at me and said, “they will not repair this until it becomes really bad, until it likely ruptures, so make it work and don’t put in your mind it will be fixed”. Anyhow my surgeon took pity on me.

I wonder how long it would take me to find a doctor in the USA? I’d bet tomorrow.
I already stated that my comment about capacity was just that, a non-factual comment, which means it was never meant it to be taken as fact, informed, or serious. However, the rest of my statement was based on researched facts.

As for the care I received, I never said I chose my surgeon. At the time I was in shock and heavily medicated following a severe physical injury, and a particular surgeon took it upon himself to argue the merits of saving my leg. I was a passive recipient like any other. My statement related to obtaining a subsequent surgery. So, it is totally comparable.

With respect to subsequent surgeons, I never chose those either, I was very fortunate to have rec'd great care from excellent surgeons, but I did go above a specialist's head to obtain a referral. That ended that relationship with that specialist, but she is part of the problem, not the solution. To put it another way, if you're in need of a surgery and your physician won't provide a referral then what do you do? Obtain a referral from another source. That's what I meant.

And, I never said all people in the US. have poor healthcare. Many do b/c they can't afford the high premiums associated with quality care.

Lastly, the reference in my specialist in previous reply should have been surgeon. The specialist in question was a hack, but the surgeon was amazing. Well, all four were great (I forgot about one), but I am eternally thankful that I had my accident on that day when he just happened to be in the vicinity of the ICU.