Who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?!

I have a lot of friends who are/were at FCA Windsor. That place has the "golden handcuff" syndrome. Shitty same job everyday over and over but once you make full wage the pay is worth it. Unfortunately my ex was/is there. Lots of women there are just like her; cheating, lying alcoholics. I avoid them like the COVID-19 vaccine hahahaha 🤣
ya man i can go on vacation whenever i want, however long i want never an issue. most people there or a little shady you can find anything there its like a trade show. it gets a bad name cause its unionized and people do abuse it. however just like any other work place theres good and bad hard working or lazy. i just put my headphones in keep to a few. i would never date a girl in there lol

Natural news denies climate change.However In 2019 claimed wind turbines contribute to climate change more than fossil fuels. What are youre views on that

Natural news denies climate change.However In 2019 claimed wind turbines contribute to climate change more than fossil fuels. What are youre views on that

Yup. So does at least half of the scientific community...Lol
Ever wonder how much emissions involved in building the turbines? The materials used? What do you suppose powers the factories to build them? Kinda like EV’s, where to they get the majority of their power? Is there an environmentally friendly way to dispose of the massive batteries when they need replacement?
Micheal Moore (hard core libtard) just did a documentary on the subject.

Isent that kind of contradicting to say something isent real, however if you do this it will contribute to climate change more than that

Any article that is laden with such an overwhelming amount of loaded words and phrases has no credibility at all. Playing on the emotions is manipulation, not news. Scattering in random and pointless facts should be an affront to any critical thinker.

For example, "the vaccines cause the human body to create dangerous proteins and prions, those injected sheeple are already experiencing blood clots, paralysis, blindness, deafness and death." Really? Where's the science to back this up? Of course there is none, such propaganda is a political tool, nowhere is it more apparent than when they frame the opposition as communists. Which is ironic as trump had his head firmly up Putin's ass.

@windsorguy The claim regarding windmills was based on extremes, that is, " if all of the electricity demands of the United States could suddenly be supplied by nothing but wind turbines, the surface of the continental states would increase in temperature by a shocking 0.24 degrees Celsius." This does not take into account the current effect of coal, oil, or gas, which produces far more greenhouse gases. It is also a comparison against the climate initiative for reducing the temperature by 0.1%. It intentionally avoids comparisons, instead such articles cherry pick data to support a narrative, that green/alternative energy is bad, the status quo is better. Wind turbines on average have far fewer impacts on the environment.

Personally, I believe nuclear is the way to go, but when that argument is opposed/countered it is done by using examples that are antiquated and fear-based. Chernobyl, 3 Mile Island, Fukashima. It's worth noting that there has never been a serious nuclear disaster in the U.S., since 1979. There have been accidents, but these are workplace accidents. Apparently, fusion power may not be more than 20 yrs out, and if so it would be transformative, and disruptive, unlike anything seen since the combustion engine. Nearly limitless power.

Last comment on the article, they conveniently omitted that coal plants are responsible for 46% of carbon dioxide emissions, and 72% of the total GHG emissions from the electricity sector. Now, I believe that's a global stat, but even domestically, coal, oil, gas burning contributes more to the atmosphere than a turbine. Sure there is manufacturing involved which contributes, as well as mining, but the same goes for mining and processing of coal. Most of the construction of wind turbines is on the low end wrt to contributing to ghg.

A comparison: the Co2 equivalent produced by gas is estimated (also by IPCC, in their 2011 report) to be between 270g to 910g, for coal it is even higher between 635g to 1.6kg. Depending on which numbers you pick for each energy source, in the worst case scenario (highest emission of 20g for wind energy, lowest of 270g/635g for the others), wind energy still only produces 7.4% of the greenhouse gases emitted by gas and only 3.2% of those of coal. Looking at the best case scenario (lowest emission of 8g for wind energy, the highest of 910g/1.6kg for the others), the difference is even more significant: wind energy might only produce 0.99% of emissions by gas and 0.56% of coal power.

Wrt to batteries, that's a different matter. They are highly energy intensive, requiring rare earth metals, which requires a lot of mining and processing. Then there's the increase in electrical power to charge them.

@superbeast Thanks for the mention of the doc, I'll have to watch it.

Last edited:
Any article that is laden with such an overwhelming amount of loaded words and phrases has no credibility at all. Playing on the emotions is manipulation, not news. Scattering in random and pointless facts should be an affront to any critical thinker.

For example, "the vaccines cause the human body to create dangerous proteins and prions, those injected sheeple are already experiencing blood clots, paralysis, blindness, deafness and death." Really? Where's the science to back this up? Of course there is none, such propaganda is a political tool, nowhere is it more apparent than when they frame the opposition as communists. Which is ironic as trump had his head firmly up Putin's ass.

@windsorguy The claim regarding windmills was based on extremes, that is, " if all of the electricity demands of the United States could suddenly be supplied by nothing but wind turbines, the surface of the continental states would increase in temperature by a shocking 0.24 degrees Celsius." This does not take into account the current effect of coal, oil, or gas, which produces far more greenhouse gases. It is also a comparison against the climate initiative for reducing the temperature by 0.1%. It intentionally avoids comparisons, instead such articles cherry pick data to support a narrative, that green/alternative energy is bad, the status quo is better. Wind turbines on average have far fewer impacts on the environment.

Personally, I believe nuclear is the way to go, but when that argument is opposed/countered it is done by using examples that are antiquated and fear-based. Chernobyl, 3 Mile Island, Fukashima. It's worth noting that there has never been a serious nuclear disaster in the U.S., since 1979. There have been accidents, but these are workplace accidents. Apparently, fusion power may not be more than 20 yrs out, and if so it would be transformative, and disruptive, unlike anything seen since the combustion engine. Nearly limitless power.

Last comment on the article, they conveniently omitted that coal plants are responsible for 46% of carbon dioxide emissions, and 72% of the total GHG emissions from the electricity sector. Now, I believe that's a global stat, but even domestically, coal, oil, gas burning contributes more to the atmosphere than a turbine. Sure there is manufacturing involved which contributes, as well as mining, but the same goes for mining and processing of coal. Most of the construction of wind turbines is on the low end wrt to contributing to ghg.

A comparison: the Co2 equivalent produced by gas is estimated (also by IPCC, in their 2011 report) to be between 270g to 910g, for coal it is even higher between 635g to 1.6kg. Depending on which numbers you pick for each energy source, in the worst case scenario (highest emission of 20g for wind energy, lowest of 270g/635g for the others), wind energy still only produces 7.4% of the greenhouse gases emitted by gas and only 3.2% of those of coal. Looking at the best case scenario (lowest emission of 8g for wind energy, the highest of 910g/1.6kg for the others), the difference is even more significant: wind energy might only produce 0.99% of emissions by gas and 0.56% of coal power.

Wrt to batteries, that's a different matter. They are highly energy intensive, requiring rare earth metals, which requires a lot of mining and processing. Then there's the increase in electrical power to charge them.

@superbeast Thanks for the mention of the doc, I'll have to watch it.
That article was rambling zero references or quotes

Yup. So does at least half of the scientific community...Lol
Ever wonder how much emissions involved in building the turbines? The materials used? What do you suppose powers the factories to build them? Kinda like EV’s, where to they get the majority of their power? Is there an environmentally friendly way to dispose of the massive batteries when they need replacement?
Micheal Moore (hard core libtard) just did a documentary on the subject.
I have a good video I could post where a economist did a compairson on windmills vs continuing on with what we were doing and after the change of the non recyclabke blades, there is zero net gain in reduced carbon emissions.
He even used the numbers used by the people promoting windmills so no one could say he tainted the numbers.
Most green energy was just a way to create a different income flow. Oil and gas had most of it sewn up, so someone comes along with a new idea to create a revenue stream.

First off the debate hasn’t ended on wether CO2 is even that big of a driver on climate, temperature given it’s the smallest fraction of all green house gases. For some reason everyone who screams co2 is horrible forgets that h20 and clouds have a waaaaaay bigger impact on our climate.
Shit I bet our orbit around the sun has a bigger impact, or maybe the flucuating output of the sun.

And even if we are having an effect, I’ll pose this question. Once the co2 levels reduced enough that plantlife started to decline, and maybe even temperature with it, then co2 would reduce more, because a colder ocean hold more co2 than a warm one, how would life continue to succeed?
There is only one reason why humans are number 1, because the habitat on the earth overall was so shitty, that you needed to be smart enough to manipulate the enviroment so you could be extremely sucessful, which we are.

But rewind back to the Cambrian area, or during the dinosaurs, high co2, high temperatures, nothing needed to modify its enviroment to the extent we needed to in order to be as sucessful as us. Vegitation was plentiful, a big number of dinosaurs were assumed to not bother taking care of their infants because success was achievable in this climate.

So my proposal is if we didn’t release the carbon back into the atmosphere, maybe warm the planet a bit, I believe over hundreds or thousands of years, it would have been a decline into a very low co2 atmosphere and the plantlife we all depend on would become scarce.
See it’s unfortunate that people think nature is a balance. It is, but it isn’t. The trees don’t go, “hey guys, stop asorbing co2, it’s getting really low, we could kill ourselves off”, they consume until those that consume go extinct, or if lucky evolve to live in the new climate.
Everything in nature does that, consume till gone, then move on or evolve.

Last edited:
I was going to point out the same, but gave up long ago...
Some people just need to be told what to think and say.

Sad but true. It gets so tiring and frustrating. Trying to show people things based on logic or common-sense, and you're just met with comebacks of mental acrobatics to try to twist something into a possible potential partly believable point that thy can run with. Of course I think this is also how they win, conservative minded people just don't generally have it in them to whine and go on and go on, etc.. And they know this.

I swear I've said it before, I'll say it again, people these days want to be right, want to be liked, followed, tweeted, look like they came up with some point or angle that everyone else managed to miss. And right now, the "left" has got this mastered and the masses are blindly following. They justify each other, and you know what? If its actually right or not couldn't matter less. Truly. I'm sure there's a psychological reason for all this based in the past. The acceptance of fringe groups over time, the everyone gets a trophy stuff, I don't know. Now the chickens are coming home to roost and who knows where we go from here.

Lastly though I'll say this isn't directed at anyone, though I quoted SB. I was just commenting on his thoughts of the feeling of this all being so unreal and tiring. For everyone. I get tired of it, and the bickering just fuels it. I'm guilty of it too.

I will say too I think (I hope I'm not jinxing us all now...) there may be light at end of the tunnel. Seems restrictions are being lifted, re-opening plans coming out, science coming out supporting normal, concerts being planned, travel places being optimistic. Maybe by the end of summer being back to normal. Because we should be! Not because of any side. Of course, as fall arrives again, I wonder if we'll slide back into bs, but until then, optimism my friends!! Let's hope!!! Common sense has to prevail right? We can't really hold onto this forever can we??

Oh, I've tried how many times to point out reason when being presented with false dilemma fallacies, but in spite of best effort to back up any argument with facts, research, and additional supporting documentation it seems some people prefer to be told what to think and say.

I'm certainly not right on all things, or why bother contributing, but once in a while I like to take a side in an debate to educate myself, then present a counter point. It's all in fun. If I'm wrong I learn something.

Last edited:

Lol
I remember 15-20 yrs ago sitting in lectures being taught on how to look out for manipulating media, bias media, brainwashing media, etc.
I kid you not we'd split into groups carefully analyzing what we'd see in the news and what we'd read the news. Most of us caught it, after carefull analysis. Fast forward to today, the media outlets, despite it's source, and especially the larger media corporations, make it unbelievably easy to see the lies and manipulation. Critical thinking, or even basic thinking, no longer required. Either people have become incredibly dumb or media outlets don't give a fukc because "I can manipulate you, even though I know you know I am".

Lol
I remember 15-20 yrs ago sitting in lectures being taught on how to look out for manipulating media, bias media, brainwashing media, etc.
I kid you not we'd split into groups carefully analyzing what we'd see in the news and what we'd read the news. Most of us caught it, after carefull analysis. Fast forward to today, the media outlets, despite it's source, and especially the larger media corporations, make it unbelievably easy to see the lies and manipulation. Critical thinking, or even basic thinking, no longer required. Either people have become incredibly dumb or media outlets don't give a fukc because "I can manipulate you, even though I know you know I am".

T'was Mark Twain I believe that said, "It's easier to fool someone than it is to convince someone that they've been fooled."

Exactly!!!

Lol

I think people are simply lazy, they dig in their heels and will not attempt to analyze alternative sources to see what holds and what does not. That's willful ignorance. Critical thinking is required more now than ever, b/c people have become too entrenched and polarized in their views and attitudes.

Sad but true. It gets so tiring and frustrating. Trying to show people things based on logic or common-sense, and you're just met with comebacks of mental acrobatics to try to twist something into a possible potential partly believable point that thy can run with. Of course I think this is also how they win, conservative minded people just don't generally have it in them to whine and go on and go on, etc.. And they know this.

I swear I've said it before, I'll say it again, people these days want to be right, want to be liked, followed, tweeted, look like they came up with some point or angle that everyone else managed to miss. And right now, the "left" has got this mastered and the masses are blindly following. They justify each other, and you know what? If its actually right or not couldn't matter less. Truly. I'm sure there's a psychological reason for all this based in the past. The acceptance of fringe groups over time, the everyone gets a trophy stuff, I don't know. Now the chickens are coming home to roost and who knows where we go from here.

Lastly though I'll say this isn't directed at anyone, though I quoted SB. I was just commenting on his thoughts of the feeling of this all being so unreal and tiring. For everyone. I get tired of it, and the bickering just fuels it. I'm guilty of it too.

I will say too I think (I hope I'm not jinxing us all now...) there may be light at end of the tunnel. Seems restrictions are being lifted, re-opening plans coming out, science coming out supporting normal, concerts being planned, travel places being optimistic. Maybe by the end of summer being back to normal. Because we should be! Not because of any side. Of course, as fall arrives again, I wonder if we'll slide back into bs, but until then, optimism my friends!! Let's hope!!! Common sense has to prevail right? We can't really hold onto this forever can we??
It would be tough to keep us locked down forever as we watch our neighbour across the border go back to normal, and the same as the UK. And they are very similar to us.

Jason Kenny (Alberta premier), summed it up really well when comparing Texas to Alberta.
2 main points stuck with me.
Texas had 2.1% of the population die
Alberta so far has had 0.6%
So I think, how many people killed themselves when they lost their jobs, how many overdoses? By the time it’s done will the outcome be the same?

His second point was that Texas has a surplus of healthcare available.
So what I gathered from that was the yearly raping of our healthcare system by our politicians was a bad thing? Also I thought private healthcare it touted as horrible and more die because of it. Didn’t Kenny just say that private healthcare, thereby in its nature having extra capacity was better?
This reminds me of when they privatized the liquer stores in Alberta. Under the govt there was only a few, less selection, and so on. Once privatized there is one on every corner, fighting for your money, with surplus to spare.

It would be tough to keep us locked down forever as we watch our neighbour across the border go back to normal, and the same as the UK. And they are very similar to us.

Jason Kenny (Alberta premier), summed it up really well when comparing Texas to Alberta.
2 main points stuck with me.
Texas had 2.1% of the population die
Alberta so far has had 0.6%
So I think, how many people killed themselves when they lost their jobs, how many overdoses? By the time it’s done will the outcome be the same?

His second point was that Texas has a surplus of healthcare available.
So what I gathered from that was the yearly raping of our healthcare system by our politicians was a bad thing? Also I thought private healthcare it touted as horrible and more die because of it. Didn’t Kenny just say that private healthcare, thereby in its nature having extra capacity was better?
This reminds me of when they privatized the liquer stores in Alberta. Under the govt there was only a few, less selection, and so on. Once privatized there is one on every corner, fighting for your money, with surplus to spare.
Texas may have a surplus of healthcare b/c not everyone can afford health insurance. That's one of the main issues in the U.S.

Nearly all developed countries have universal health care. Of course, if your pockets are deep enough you can afford private health insurance then great, but then you need to make sure your plan covers everything you need. Our healthcare system could be managed better, that much is for certain, but access to quality and timely healthcare is a right, not a privilege. The U.S. is the only developed country w/o universal heathcare. That's the attitude in the U.S. Oddly enough, in spite of their model the U.S. spends more of health care than those with universal health care.

"Health spending per person in the U.S. was $10,966 in 2019, which was 42% higher than Switzerland, the country with the next highest per capita health spending." One of the main reasons is the exorbitant costs, every company trying to make as much money as they can, and also tremendous waste.

Research the benefits of the Affordable Care Act. Many people who could not afford healthcare in the U.S. have greatly benefited from the ACA. It has enabled 23 million people the opportunity to have medical coverage.

Lastly, and this goes without saying, Kenny is a half-witted mouthpiece, nothing more, and you're giving that weasel far too much credit. Mainly, correlation does not equal causation. That's a Kenny move right there if there ever was one. lol

Things are on the upswing.

Last edited: