Who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?!

BunkMass

Trusted Member
Fuck Covid, fuck Ford, and FUCK turdeau.

I’m leaving in less than two weeks to go paddling in the arctic watershed for just shy of a month. Gonna paddle some whitewater.

Who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?

Minor background for me....I work in the health care field. I personally have a mental health disorder and I need this. I need to be alone and free in the wilderness. I am 100% self sufficient and have experience in the area I will be travelling in. I have all expedition grade equipment. At work I am seeing drug overdoses sky rocketing as well as domestics and severe mental health anguish in patients. Yes Covid is serious...my wife had it. But so is suicide.

I’m not asking for a debate here, just curious as to who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?

Also, I’m fully vaccinated and will be in complete self isolation for nearly a month.

I’m leaving in less than two weeks to go paddling in the arctic watershed for just shy of a month. Gonna paddle some whitewater.

Minor background for me....I work in the health care field. I personally have a mental health disorder and I need this. I need to be alone and free in the wilderness. I am 100% self sufficient and have experience in the area I will be travelling in. I have all expedition grade equipment. At work I am seeing drug overdoses sky rocketing as well as domestics and severe mental health anguish in patients. Yes Covid is serious...my wife had it. But so is suicide.

I’m not asking for a debate here, just curious as to who else is saying fuck it to the lockdown?

Also, I’m fully vaccinated and will be in complete self isolation for nearly a month.
I’m so close to saying fuck it to Canada. I just need a bit more money.
I’m going to be an xpat in Mexico.
I’m going to buy a house there soon.
The whole response by our government to covid, plus the way this current government thinks it’s ok to take the amount of control over us as they do, and the majority of Canadians being ok with it doesn’t sit well with me.
If I’m going to be taxed until I’m poor, might as well be poor someplace warm.

Oh and my wife’s family all got together today. It was great seeing them. We did it outside, fuck Ford.

I would have some sympathy and even favour a lockdown if “this pandemic” had a mortality rate of just say, 20%. Judging by what I read it’s less then a percent and those that are dying are old and overweight. Sick of the bullshit truly. Everything needs to be open.

the mental health of people is more important and children now are going to grow up with zero social skills. Zero social skills equals dumb people. I’m not one for theories but this would have been the best Chinese tactic to take over the world- by destroying the next generation.

I’m so close to saying fuck it to Canada. I just need a bit more money.
I’m going to be an xpat in Mexico.
I’m going to buy a house there soon.
The whole response by our government to covid, plus the way this current government thinks it’s ok to take the amount of control over us as they do, and the majority of Canadians being ok with it doesn’t sit well with me.
If I’m going to be taxed until I’m poor, might as well be poor someplace warm.

Oh and my wife’s family all got together today. It was great seeing them. We did it outside, fuck Ford.
Pretty sure ur allowed to do all that anyways solo

How

Also, I’m fully vaccinated and will be in complete self isolation for nearly a mont
Which vaccine did you get?

I don’t have mental health disorder, but I have been depressed in the past and put on SSRI (not equating this to mental health disorder at all). And when someone is under mental health issues and compounded with lonterm isolations you can pretty much put the last nail in their coffin - the best thing for mental health is being out and about and socializing. So bro, all power to you I think you going out is the right choice.

Had it not been for my kids I would probably locked up. I’m losing my fucking mind from this lockdown

This isn't what I expected based on the title of this thread. I've seen so many posts on social media where people are like "I went to the mall today without a mask and purposely go close to everybody I saw and sniffled or coughed to try to get a reaction".... I was expecting another one of those.

My honest opinion, there's nothing wrong at all with your plan here. I wouldn't even think twice about what you're planning here.
Have fun, be safe and take care of yourself!

We are done with it as well. It looks like Ford is going to extend it until June 2.
It will be August. I’d bet my nut on it. Plus they will not open schools again this year.
I watching my grandson get farther behind. I’m almost at the point of actually going full home schooling.

Mind you I guess in Mexico they teach more like it used to be. Strong on the basics.
My grandson teacher is teaching about how evil zoos are right now.
So she implied that the animals may die younger in zoos than in the wild. My grandson knew this was bullshit and did a quick google search and found a study and then posted it in their chat. His teacher got mad. He also pointed out that the stories they were using was 12 years old and that likely regulations on animal care had likely changed.
She changed the subject and then moved on.

Sad.

Ok I may have helped him a bit, but hey, I’m on lunch and he’s in the lunch area doing his schooling, lol.

It will be August. I’d bet my nut on it. Plus they will not open schools again this year.
I watching my grandson get farther behind. I’m almost at the point of actually going full home schooling.

Mind you I guess in Mexico they teach more like it used to be. Strong on the basics.
So she implied that the animals may die younger in zoos than in the wild. My grandson knew this was bullshit and did a quick google search and found a study and then posted it in their chat. His teacher got mad. He also pointed out that the stories they were using was 12 years old and that likely regulations on animal care had likely changed.

Sad.

Ok I may have helped him a bit, but hey, I’m on lunch and he’s in the lunch area doing his schooling, lol.
Reads to me like he is getting a better education this way.
If he was in the classroom he would have little defence against that kind of indoctrination.

Sad.

I hope not August but its looking like they will drag it out. Kids 100% wont be back in school this year.

I hate to bring bad news to the party but Ive heard things indicating that our fearless science table is looking to push much of this out to 2022 unless the numbers are virtually nil. Even post vaccinations etc. These are the people pushing the buttons right now folks.

I do expect schools will return in the fall…. For how long? Again number dependent. And not school number dependent. They should have never been closed. Large scale outbreaks were simply not occurring in the sector and the nonsense about the potential for kids/education workers brining it home to their families were completely ridiculous. That wasn’t happening either. Yet it closed. All on public perception and politics.

Sadly contact sports like football for the fall? Sorry to say sir but I don’t see it happening.

Getting the fuck out of Toronto in June and moving to Calgary to be closer to the Rockies as well as B.C

I just want to focus on as much outdoor shit as I can just to get away from all the negative nonsense associated with this plandemic. So sick of listening to people talk about it too wherever I go. If I hear about it I just walk the other way I'm done with it.