Where should your money be?

BTC is a real good one to protect against money desevaluation and some other project seems really interesting too.

I'm putting some $ in UST and some other coins for stacking it (simillar to dividends), a lot better than anything else since i learned to do that.

I'm also using a play to earn game called StepN, you pay for nft shoes and go walking/running to make cash, really interesting and also a lot of hype around it, when leveling up your shoe yon can earn big cash (hundreds daily) for the amount invested. I'll try to make a thread about it later today!
I heard about the shoe thing

@3ml - do you invest in any notes? I have been putting 50-75% of my cash in auto-callable notes. They range from 8-15% return per year.
Most are 3-5 years and have 50% plus downside protection on the investment.
Can't say I have heard of these

I really think it worth it, i'll need to check again but my initial invest was of 2470usd and it's current value is of approx. 4500usd.
And it make running a lot more interesting hahahaha with these kind of benefit :)
Holy i might have to start doing cardio..lol. i walk about 14km a day a work. Wonder what that would pay me. How do they make money?

I really think it worth it, i'll need to check again but my initial invest was of 2470usd and it's current value is of approx. 4500usd.
And it make running a lot more interesting hahahaha with these kind of benefit :)
That's on the Sol network right?

Lots of content out there.
First off understand what it is. I was fortunate enough to join a local crypto group many years ago.
Perhaps look for something like that in your city.

If you want to understand why bitcoin is the best thing ever
Listen to Micheal Saylor
Do you have a #2 for Crypto? I have a bud who is all in on Cardano, but I don't really understand or follow it.

Do you have a #2 for Crypto? I have a bud who is all in on Cardano, but I don't really understand or follow it.
Imo cardano is junk..

I do play with alts but the main reason is to trade in and out of them and stack more bitcoin.

When people really grasp how few bitcoins are available I think the supply shock will be incredible

That's on the Sol network right?
Yup!
That's may be the reason why SOL getting beat up these time, people selling a lot to buy GST or GMT and even the shoes

GST went up to over 8$ yesterday so that make my 12min run pay me 120$cad, most of it i always spent cause you repair the shoe and re invest to get them better.

My friends is able to run 25min (it all depend on energy allocate by the game and amount of shoes you got) and he made 450$ yesterday

Yup!
That's may be the reason why SOL getting beat up these time, people selling a lot to buy GST or GMT and even the shoes

GST went up to over 8$ yesterday so that make my 12min run pay me 120$cad, most of it i always spent cause you repair the shoe and re invest to get them better.

My friends is able to run 25min (it all depend on energy allocate by the game and amount of shoes you got) and he made 450$ yesterday
What that's crazy
What a world

What that's crazy
What a world
Yup, it's what i also thought at first, so i let a whole month went before trying it, now i regret lol, NFT were around 6-800usd to begin with and now the lowest you can buy are 15-1600usd in only a month.
I paid my first shoe 1120usd and they now worth 28-3200usd now, and it's only 2 weeks of playing the game!!

For those who don't want to play, they can still have a look at the project and invest into the coin link to it, i think it can have some long term use of the app.

Another one coming in the next months will be Pedal2Earn, looks like a similar patern, will see how the result will be when the game will be ready to public.

I love the Bank of Montreal high dividend ETFs especially the covered call ones. ZRE, ZWB,. ZWC, ZWH, ZWK, ZWU, then SRU.UN,. CSH.UN, CHP.UN, CGXF and ENS (e split corp) just went up to 10% yield. I like watching passive income investing on YouTube the Canadian guy who lives off dividends and then Brandon Beavis is alright but I don't feel as good as the other guy. You want a bit of everything and to be invested in probably every single sector to some degree. I don't have tens of thousands invested but I do like these ones. Most of them pay monthly too!

I love the Bank of Montreal high dividend ETFs especially the covered call ones. ZRE, ZWB,. ZWC, ZWH, ZWK, ZWU, then SRU.UN,. CSH.UN, CHP.UN, CGXF and ENS (e split corp) just went up to 10% yield. I like watching passive income investing on YouTube the Canadian guy who lives off dividends and then Brandon Beavis is alright but I don't feel as good as the other guy. You want a bit of everything and to be invested in probably every single sector to some degree. I don't have tens of thousands invested but I do like these ones. Most of them pay monthly too!
Now we are talking. I hold half of these

I like watching passive income investing on YouTube the Canadian guy who lives off dividends and then Brandon Beavis is alright but I don't feel as good as the other guy.
Who are the first two YouTubers you mentioned? Brandon Beavis is good for those who are just dipping their toes in the water and wanting to learn the very basics. It's easy to "outgrow" his channel.

One thing I will say, the LARGE majority of passive investors will typically outperform active investors. It's something crazy like only 15% of actively managed funds have outperformed the passive benchmark. This is why my advice is typically to find a good, well balanced total market ETF with low fees and just be consistent with it. Regardless of how great your "money guy" makes it sound, you're usually invested in higher fee Mutual funds (2-3% MER) and paying your financial advisor another 1% on top of that. Compare it to a total market ETF with fees in the 0.20% range and you've already got a head start.

Covered call ETF's are great in this type of market. They do typically underperform during a good solid bull run though since the fund will often outperform the strike price. So in a bull run you'll typically make more money holding the underlying assets in the fund and taking the capital gains on it, and capital gains are a little more tax efficient as well. Now as you get closer to retirement, the automatic income from the higher yield dividends is quite nice to have but you can also generate your own income by selling off some holdings and creating capital gains.

As for crypto.... the potential is HUGE. Anybody who doesn't have even a bit of crypto exposure in their portfolio will be left behind. But there's also a ton of volatility. I've got a buddy who has $500 invested in Bitcoin, and I shit you not almost every day I get a message from him about how much money he's made or lost that day. He obsesses over it. If that sounds like you..... stay far far away.

On another note.... do we have anybody here investing in real estate?
I've been hearing of some struggles this past month, specifically in the Toronto area.

Banks have been backing out of mortgage approvals right before closing because interest rates have increased and at the same time housing values in the area are apparently dropping. So while a mortgage may have been approved at 800k in March, the property is now only worth 700k so they're requiring the difference to be paid up front in order to move forward with the mortgage at closing time.

I'm personally looking to add some real estate into my portfolio, but still learning the space. Kind of hoping for a housing crash like what happened in the states in 2008 to pick up a couple cheap properties.

On another note.... do we have anybody here investing in real estate?
I've been hearing of some struggles this past month, specifically in the Toronto area.

Banks have been backing out of mortgage approvals right before closing because interest rates have increased and at the same time housing values in the area are apparently dropping. So while a mortgage may have been approved at 800k in March, the property is now only worth 700k so they're requiring the difference to be paid up front in order to move forward with the mortgage at closing time.

I'm personally looking to add some real estate into my portfolio, but still learning the space. Kind of hoping for a housing crash like what happened in the states in 2008 to pick up a couple cheap properties.
I got rid of all my Reits for RS and they are having an overnight offering tonight. Its holds a bunch of real estate companies

Well my stock prices dropped, but my dividend yield went up.:)
My HFIV ticker symbol is paying 9.79%, on the BNN it shows 9.49%

Damn crypto crashed hard as of late.

Any suggestions on which coins might come back strong?