When to take Apple Cider Vinegar?

Greatful

Trusted Member
I know Stan Efferding suggests using ACV in his diet so obviously there is a "reason" to do so as he doesn't do anything that isn't backed up by some science/research,
Assuming you do or ever have when or why did you take it?
Empty stomach, before a meal, before bed??
This ACV newb thanks you in advance. :geek:

When I take it normally after a big meal. Suppose to help digestion. No idea if thats the right time thou..lol

ACV should be taken before your biggest meal.. works better if you divide your dose over a few times a day before your main meals.

The health benefits are many. I am sure I posted a paper here before but it could have been on another forum.
I have a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV with breakfast and sometimes with my post workout meal.
Further, if you have heartburn try a glass with a teaspoon or two and sip on it. Its the only remedy that helps my better half and she tried all the OTC and scrip meds for heartburn. Luckily, we found out the cause and can avoid the heartburn completely.

The health benefits are many. I am sure I posted a paper here before but it could have been on another forum.
I have a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV with breakfast and sometimes with my post workout meal.
Further, if you have heartburn try a glass with a teaspoon or two and sip on it. Its the only remedy that helps my better half and she tried all the OTC and scrip meds for heartburn. Luckily, we found out the cause and can avoid the heartburn completely.

If you get heart burn and drinking ACV helps, its likely you have low stomach acid levels. It is an actual diagnosis but I can't recall the name..

Either way, there is a couple easy tests to see if you have low/no stomach acid.. And if you do, you should treat it to avoid a whack of shitty issues.. Often its easily curable, but sometimes you have to treat for the rest of your life.

I suggest you try this test

1) Eat a large protien meal like a steak and a side.

2) Half way through your meal, take 600mg betaine HCL and finish your meal.

3) IF you feel nothing, you likely have low/no stomach acid. IF your stomach feels warm/hot or get acid reflux, you probably don't have low stomach acid.

It's my personal belief a lot of heavy eaters (bodybuilders/weight lifters) have low/no stomach acid issues and don't realize it.

If you get heart burn and drinking ACV helps, its likely you have low stomach acid levels. It is an actual diagnosis but I can't recall the name..

Either way, there is a couple easy tests to see if you have low/no stomach acid.. And if you do, you should treat it to avoid a whack of shitty issues.. Often its easily curable, but sometimes you have to treat for the rest of your life.

I suggest you try this test

1) Eat a large protien meal like a steak and a side.

2) Half way through your meal, take 600mg betaine HCL and finish your meal.

3) IF you feel nothing, you likely have low/no stomach acid. IF your stomach feels warm/hot or get acid reflux, you probably don't have low stomach acid.

It's my personal belief a lot of heavy eaters (bodybuilders/weight lifters) have low/no stomach acid issues and don't realize it.
Your belief is likely why distended stomachs (fermented food in the colon) and indigestion issues happen. We likely tax the bodies ability to produce enough acid.
I found digestive enzymes helped a lot, but I kept forgetting to take them with every meal.
I guess after 35 our enzyme levels drop as well.

Your belief is likely why distended stomachs (fermented food in the colon) and indigestion issues happen. We likely tax the bodies ability to produce enough acid.
I found digestive enzymes helped a lot, but I kept forgetting to take them with every meal.
I guess after 35 our enzyme levels drop as well.

I think pepsin is the biggest issue for guys like us who jam in the protien..

If you take enzymes I;d make sure they contain pepsin.. lots of enzymes (the high end ones) also contain betaine HCL which is just an acid similar to your stomach acid.

All the talk of ACV.. I hope people realize its just adding acid to your stomach.. no miracles here.. when your stomach doesn't have enough acid it can cause a huge variety of issues. Unfortunately, the issues don't become obvious until its pretty severe. .