When my dog met BOB (if your not a dog person don't read)

Goldenrod

Staff member
If anyone doesn't know I am a huge animal advocate, love my dogs and rescue as many as I can, I wanted a specific breed to ensure they would naturally be protective but very trainable. I picked a Bouvier and if you don't have experience with dogs - don't ever buy one.
Bouviers are a large breed anywhere between 80-120 lbs, mine is 125 lbs of muscle from training and multiple daily walks. They are highly intelligent, notice everything ( change your washing machine and your Bouvier will tell that fucker its his house and to mind its manners - its hilarious). They are also very mischievous, have a great sense of humor but above all are an incredibly strong breed with one of the largest heads on any dog. They were bred to fight wolves to protect their flock and to be able to take a kick to the head from a cow while herding them so they have an inch of muscle on their skulls, a very large mouth and a a normal XL muzzle will not fit a large Bouvier.
I am certified by one of the best trainers in the world to train advanced obedience and protection so I'm not creating a weapon. He has been taught protection work which is just a game but when you come into this house - he knows if your friend or foe and if your foe, there is a good chance they are going to put you in the ICU.
Keep in mind they are dogs and never are more mature than a 4 year old.

So the women of the house don't get too annoyed when I hit the heavy bag (noise) I bought a BOB plus it looks just like a person, you can practice chokes, more precise striking etc..blah blah blah. My dog patrols the house all night - never asked him to but he likes checking on everyone and then falling over and sleeps for an hour and does it again. How do I know, I have insomnia and hear him. I often fall asleep in the Lazyboy watching sports or whatever. You will usually find him against the front door, sleeping beside any family member and often that is me. I wake up and the first time you wake up in the dark and a strange man is staring at your from the corner of the room, unless your a pussy your going to do something. I'm half asleep and tackle this person to the ground, its dark I can't see well but by this point I realize I just tackled my new BOB lol. Yes, I'm an idiot but for 20 plus years no men were standing in the corner of my mancave.

My dog on the other hand has been taught to protect me and any loved ones. He grabs the BOB by the head as there are no arms and starts trying to rip its head off and pulling the 400 lb object across the floor. Once a dog goes into full on kill mode to protect a loved one, they will stop on command but sometimes it takes a while. I'm sort of laughing cause the dog is very proud of what he doing, I'm shitting myself laughing at my own stupidity, by this time my date for the night comes downstairs and wonders what the fuck is going on. She screams which makes things worse and my dog doesn't want to let go. I also have a 20 lbs protection dog, I taught the little bastard protection for fun but no I would never ask a 20 lb dog to do protection work. Regardless, the little bugger tries to join in and poor BOB is taking a beating LOL.
Anyway, the dogs stopped as I guess they figured the intruder was dead but my Bouvier gave BOB the stink eye for at least a month but now they are buddies. End of story - I will shut up now.

4 minutes ago

This is one of my boys and the main alarm/defense system for the house. In this pic I think he was around 60-70 lbs with 20 lbs of hair (just a pup). He is now 125 lbs and when winter times comes and I don't shave him, their hair grows forever so he looks like he is 150 lbs plus.
Yes, I'm proud of my animals and I wish I could afford more - time wise that is. I won't rescue dogs and have weapons, they have to be stable, happy animals that know the rules so we can all live together in harmony.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    506.9 KB · Views: 6
Love these dogs they are like bears! When I was younger I remember a friend of my dads had a few (guy sold a lot of weed) but I loved going there because of those dogs. I was probably only 13 or 14 at the time so the dogs were bigger than me lol