What would you do?

animal-inside

Trusted Member
What would you do if you bought your birth parents (still married) each a DNA ancestry kit for Christmas, but neither has actually spit in the tube and mailed it in?

Pin them down and make them fill the whole vial.

Personally I wouldn't use ancestry as cool as it is. Once you send it they forever have your DNA on file. They "say" your name and test results are separated but ya. Just makes me think of the black mirror episode where the government hunts down people with genetic weaknesses🤣🤣

What would you do if you bought your birth parents (still married) each a DNA ancestry kit for Christmas, but neither has actually spit in the tube and mailed it in?
Have you done the DNA kit?
Maybe they just don’t want to do it.
Maybe you are not your dads child, or were adopted.
Who knows.
I personally would just forget about it, why stir up shit over nothing.
Or just ask them and ask if it’s because they just don’t feel comfortable doing it, and if that’s the answer then let it go.

That’s what I would do. But I wouldn’t care if I’m adopted, or just my moms or whatever because they raised me and are my parents. But I do have an adopted sister (she’s Chinese and we obviously couldn’t hide it) and that makes zero difference if she’s my sister or not, well because she’s my sister. Truthfully I’d prefer not to know if I’m not.

Sorry a bit of track, when we were really young like 10-11, kids would be like, my god your sister is Chinese!!, and I’d say, yeah my parents did it sideways (all serious). It was never mentioned again, lol.

My parents did the DNA kit, and offered to pay for the rest of us to get it done. I said thanks but didn’t think it was a good use of money. It’s neat but I don’t think I would t use it for a paternity test, lol.

Pin them down and make them fill the whole vial.

Personally I wouldn't use ancestry as cool as it is. Once you send it they forever have your DNA on file. They "say" your name and test results are separated but ya. Just makes me think of the black mirror episode where the government hunts down people with genetic weaknesses🤣🤣

I did the kit.. thought long about having my DNA on file etc..

Honestly, if the government wants my DNA I've given blood and done blood work enough that if they had some sort of master plan, they alrrayd have it.

Also, I don't plan on committing any crimes.. And I doubt I'd be so good at a crime that the only way I'd get caught is through DNA lol

Have you done the DNA kit?
Maybe they just don’t want to do it.
Maybe you are not your dads child, or were adopted.
Who knows.
I personally would just forget about it, why stir up shit over nothing.
Or just ask them and ask if it’s because they just don’t feel comfortable doing it, and if that’s the answer then let it go.

That’s what I would do. But I wouldn’t care if I’m adopted, or just my moms or whatever because they raised me and are my parents. But I do have an adopted sister (she’s Chinese and we obviously couldn’t hide it) and that makes zero difference if she’s my sister or not, well because she’s my sister. Truthfully I’d prefer not to know if I’m not.

Sorry a bit of track, when we were really young like 10-11, kids would be like, my god your sister is Chinese!!, and I’d say, yeah my parents did it sideways (all serious). It was never mentioned again, lol.

My parents did the DNA kit, and offered to pay for the rest of us to get it done. I said thanks but didn’t think it was a good use of money. It’s neat but I don’t think I would t use it for a paternity test, lol.

I get your points, but in my situation, its really not that straight forward. Without disclosing all the info, yeah I'd actually want to know if I wasn't someone's kid I was told I was. My parents told lots of lies in my childhood. I understand every parent has to lie to their kids at some point even is its just lying until they are old enough that they can understand the truth.

I'm not trying to stir stuff up, I just want the truth for better or worse.

Part of it is also truly because having a better medical history..

I get your points, but in my situation, its really not that straight forward. Without disclosing all the info, yeah I'd actually want to know if I wasn't someone's kid I was told I was. My parents told lots of lies in my childhood. I understand every parent has to lie to their kids at some point even is its just lying until they are old enough that they can understand the truth.

I'm not trying to stir stuff up, I just want the truth for better or worse.

Part of it is also truly because having a better medical history..
You were told you were someone else’s child?
But you think maybe you were not?
Sry just confused.

You were told you were someone else’s child?
But you think maybe you were not?
Sry just confused.

My mother had 5 kids.. I don't think they are all my fathers... We were told they were.

I did a DNA kit 2 years ago.. Lots of my mothers relatives have popped up and I can see they are deffinitely related to her. There's only a handful of people who've popped up on my fathers side, and I can not trace any of them to my "father" by name recongition/following the tree lines etc. I have no clue who they actually are lol.

Not sure I’d really want or care to know.

Unless of course my real parents really are a prince and a princess and they put me up for adoption to hid me from the evil Queen who would have put a spell on me. 😂

Or they really are international spies and they are just waiting until I’m old enough to understand. Someone please let them know I think I’m old enough now.

My mother had 5 kids.. I don't think they are all my fathers... We were told they were.

I did a DNA kit 2 years ago.. Lots of my mothers relatives have popped up and I can see they are deffinitely related to her. There's only a handful of people who've popped up on my fathers side, and I can not trace any of them to my "father" by name recongition/following the tree lines etc. I have no clue who they actually are lol.
I have a stepson who I know for sure is not my son but it’s never stopped me from treating as my son.

I totally understand what you guys are saying about how learning the truth doesn't really change anything, but its not that straight forward in my case lol

I totally understand what you guys are saying about how learning the truth doesn't really change anything, but its not that straight forward in my case lol
Maybe your parents don’t want to deal with it?
You might be fine, but maybe they won’t?