What piece of equipment do you miss most

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
With alot of us working out at home. We have adjusted or training. I do mostly all dumbbell work now and havent been to an actual gym for almost a year. Whats the one piece of equipment you miss the most from the gym? For me its hack squat and hammer strength chest machine.

But I will admit I have found a new love with decline bench. Never did it much before, but its so much better. Im way more stable and in control. Just seems like everything is more solid and tight to my body.

What do I miss?
I guess a preacher curl bench.
My home gym is well equipped so I’m not missing much, and it’s been 12 years since I went to a real gym so I’m kinda used to it’s shortcommings.
I do miss the people though.

What do I miss?
I guess a preacher curl bench.
My home gym is well equipped so I’m not missing much, and it’s been 12 years since I went to a real gym so I’m kinda used to it’s shortcommings.
I do miss the people though.
You can get a little preacher curl attachment for the bench. Or you can do one arm preacher curls if you incline your bench. Not the same thou..lol

hack squat for me. My leg workout at home is a fucking joke. Wife finds it funny to see my clumsy ass trying to do dumbbell lunges
Since you have always been the heavier type, are your legs not pretty big naturally?

hack squat for me. My leg workout at home is a fucking joke. Wife finds it funny to see my clumsy ass trying to do dumbbell lunges
Haha yeah i was doing front squats trying to throw the weight up before I got a rack..lol

You can get a little preacher curl attachment for the bench. Or you can do one arm preacher curls if you incline your bench. Not the same thou..lol
There was a preacher curl machine at this one gym, and a above your head tricep machine. Fuck they were great. I miss those. I got a really wicked case of forearm tendinitis from that preacher curl machine, but my arms grew, lol.

There was a preacher curl machine at this one gym, and a above your head tricep machine. Fuck they were great. I miss those. I got a really wicked case of forearm tendinitis from that preacher curl machine, but my arms grew, lol.
I got a bad case of that tendinitis right now. Pissing me off cause its painful doing a lot of the shit i do

I got a bad case of that tendinitis right now. Pissing me off cause its painful doing a lot of the shit i do
In the forearms?
I got a case again in the upper part about 3 years ago doing heavy palms down curls, took a year to go away.
I wrapped a heat pad around my forearm every night for months.

A good hack squat for sure, pretty sick of doing bulgarian split squats and wall squats with a foam roller lol. Also missing being able to use a barbell for deadlifts instead of dumbbells

I miss leg press. I don't think gyms in Ontario will be opening until March. If anything Quebec will open up sooner with more cases cause that's how they roll.

For me it’s the leg press. I’ve got a pretty good setup now but I still need a leg press/hack squat combo to complete my home gym

Olympic barbell, I also miss the eye candy and the overall atmosphere. Love that feeling walking into the gym and you just feel the energy and start one grinder of a workout, maybe even a few PRs

i would say tbar or lat pull down machines.
honestly just the atmosphere. workouts at home are not the same.

Hack squat, sled, leg press, hyperextension and weight stack rig. Ughh, grinding it out seems like a distant memory hahaha