What makes a leader?

A great leader empowers people to think. A great leader does not navigate the whole journey. He empowers the people making the journey to make decisions and when found off track a great leader is there to get them back on course. They dont dictate, they colaberate. A great leader isn't even the smartest guy in the room, he/she does not have all the answers but, knows where to get the answers from, usually within the room as the people he/she leads are the most experienced (most times) in the line of work they're in. A great leader sees potential and allows it to shine. A great leader does not micromanage. A great leader has the ability to mold other into great leaders which just may be the number one asset a great leader has. A great leader does more listening than talking and only speaks meaningful words at the correct times.

I have experience in management and have seen all kinds of different personalities along the way and I can tell you this.....the majority of leaders fail at most everything if not everything I mentioned above. If you are a true leader you don't have anyone that works for you because they dont work for you, you work for them.

If Justin Trudeau put in that level of effort, it would not be constructive progress, it would be very destructive and fuck us all. I am totally ok with Trudeau doing nothing. Keep taking photo ops and making PR appearances. The less time he has to change/create policies, or talk with foreign leaders.. the better. stay at home Trudy, don’t wanna get covid now :)
totally agree with you there. The guys is a moron. He put a journalist with degrees in literature in as finance minister, get rid of Morneau in an attempt to put the blame of the WE Charity conflict of interest on him, and he prorogues parliament to shut down the ethics committe which is investigating him regarding the WE Charity give away. He needs to be shackled and gagged. If they do not give him a vote of non confidence when he starts parliament in the fall ... I will have lost faith in Canada and especially the opposition parties as well.

A great leader empowers people to think. A great leader does not navigate the whole journey. He empowers the people making the journey to make decisions and when found off track a great leader is there to get them back on course. They dont dictate, they colaberate. A great leader isn't even the smartest guy in the room, he/she does not have all the answers but, knows where to get the answers from, usually within the room as the people he/she leads are the most experienced (most times) in the line of work they're in. A great leader sees potential and allows it to shine. A great leader does not micromanage. A great leader has the ability to mold other into great leaders which just may be the number one asset a great leader has. A great leader does more listening than talking and only speaks meaningful words at the correct times.

I have experience in management and have seen all kinds of different personalities along the way and I can tell you this.....the majority of leaders fail at most everything if not everything I mentioned above. If you are a true leader you don't have anyone that works for you because they dont work for you, you work for them.
Yep you really have to know how to work with people, know when to be tough, hire the right people around you to be able to do the job you need them to do, encourage them, give them guidance when you think they have gone off track, know how to set objectives goals and targets, make sure the they have dates to be accomplish are obtainable and allow your fellow workers to accomplish them, Be willing to go out there and be on the front lines, have an open door policy, listen to people, be fair and honest. And everything @Novitec said. That was off the top of my head.

I had been involved as a team lead for a number of years with NBTel before it became Bell Aliant. I also ran a TaeKwonDo school in Oromocto NB for 10 years and worked with students, parents, Black Belts in the Club. My Objective, which I took very seriously, was to build the students ability to defend them selves and know when to ... to uphold the principles of respect among all students and Black Belts ... and to ensure all student helped their class mates to be successful on their journey.