What has happened to the World today

My wife knows a family/marriage therapist. Essentially what we call a "shirnk".

Anyways, she said for years her primary work for was marriage counselling and depression in adults.

Now she has said in the last 2 years her primary clients are KIDS under the age of 18 with "anxiety and depress".. She openly told my wife that nearly every single one of these kids who she is seeing for anxiety and depression actually have no anxiety or depression. She said most have no clue what anxiety and depression actually is or even the symptoms. She can't figure out the root cause of why all these kids are thinking they are depressed or have anxiety..

In my opion, society/schools/parents are spoon feeding these kids to think that everyone has mental health issues.

Then she said since the whole gender thing is now the new "buzz word", her amount of clients under the age of 18 also includes all these kids who think they are not a boy or a girl. She said she regulary sees kids under the age of 14 who see her because they think they are depressed/anxiety because they don't identify as the gender on their birth certificate. She said she just can't understand all this bs non sense and why society is pushing this shit on kids so much.

I kid you not, its crazy how many kids I know under 14 who are on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds. I 100% acknowledge that mediciations are useful tool and are a life saver for some people, kids included, but it just seems like this massive problem that has snowballed to the point where every kids is questioning their own mental health and gender and are trained to "look" for somethign wrong with them and run with it.

In school aged kids it used to be cool to
-play sports
-stick up for yourself
-laugh at other kids when they did stupid shit
-do good at school
-make fun of each other
-learn not to cry and be a whiny bitch
-learn to deal with your problems without running to an adult
-keep your struggles private except to your closest friend or adult in your life

Now in school aged kids, its literally cool to
-be LGBT
-have mental health issues
-tell the world all your sturggles
-be seeing a mental health professional
-be taking meds
-be depressed
-struggle with ansixety
-cry and make sure the whole world knows your crying
-be completely unable to function due to your mental health

In schools, if a student has a label or identifies as having anxiety, depression, LGBT issues they are sincerily untouchable.. Can't even give them a exam in math.. Wouldn't want to push them over the edge.

What an awful time we live in...

I am happy we are more educated in mental health and accepting of it, but man what the fuck did this turn into

My wife knows a family/marriage therapist. Essentially what we call a "shirnk".

Anyways, she said for years her primary work for was marriage counselling and depression in adults.

Now she has said in the last 2 years her primary clients are KIDS under the age of 18 with "anxiety and depress".. She openly told my wife that nearly every single one of these kids who she is seeing for anxiety and depression actually have no anxiety or depression. She said most have no clue what anxiety and depression actually is or even the symptoms. She can't figure out the root cause of why all these kids are thinking they are depressed or have anxiety..

In my opion, society/schools/parents are spoon feeding these kids to think that everyone has mental health issues.

Then she said since the whole gender thing is now the new "buzz word", her amount of clients under the age of 18 also includes all these kids who think they are not a boy or a girl. She said she regulary sees kids under the age of 14 who see her because they think they are depressed/anxiety because they don't identify as the gender on their birth certificate. She said she just can't understand all this bs non sense and why society is pushing this shit on kids so much.

I kid you not, its crazy how many kids I know under 14 who are on anti depressants and anti anxiety meds. I 100% acknowledge that mediciations are useful tool and are a life saver for some people, kids included, but it just seems like this massive problem that has snowballed to the point where every kids is questioning their own mental health and gender and are trained to "look" for somethign wrong with them and run with it.

In school aged kids it used to be cool to
-play sports
-stick up for yourself
-laugh at other kids when they did stupid shit
-do good at school
-make fun of each other
-learn not to cry and be a whiny bitch
-learn to deal with your problems without running to an adult
-keep your struggles private except to your closest friend or adult in your life

Now in school aged kids, its literally cool to
-be LGBT
-have mental health issues
-tell the world all your sturggles
-be seeing a mental health professional
-be taking meds
-be depressed
-struggle with ansixety
-cry and make sure the whole world knows your crying
-be completely unable to function due to your mental health

In schools, if a student has a label or identifies as having anxiety, depression, LGBT issues they are sincerily untouchable.. Can't even give them a exam in math.. Wouldn't want to push them over the edge.

What an awful time we live in...

I am happy we are more educated in mental health and accepting of it, but man what the fuck did this turn into
I always have a couple 16 years olds working for me.
I’m not sure if it’s just the ones that chose to work for me, or the ones I pick, but they think the whole gender/gay thing is too much. Also remember I have had gay guys and lesbians work for me most of the years I’ve been in Ontario, and even they think it’s a little out of control.
I talk to them all the time.
I don’t always get the top students, so I help them out. They label every single kid now.
what I told them was to figure out a way thru their issues, because real life doesn’t give a fuck of you have ADHD. or a learning issue.

I explain to them about my 20 foot bounce off a concrete floor when I was 20 and it damaged my short term memory, but instead of using that as a excuse to fail, I use tricks to remind myself. More than once the kids will go, “ah that’s why there are post it notes everywhere”.

Anyhow I have helped so many teenagers who were screwed up by the system labeling them, so they thought it was now an excuse.

They should be doing what I’m doing in school. It’s pretty sad when the butcher is doing a better job than their therapists.

They are causing issues because of this. We are all different, some of us are better at certian things more than others. Just because one kid can’t do math because his brain doesn’t work that way, but is wicked at something else, why should he be now labeled and deems to be something less. For all you know, he’s the best butcher or really good at construction, And makes damn good money at his craft, lol.
you know how he may get around his poor math skills, marry a woman who is a math genius, lol. Ok, I’m not talking about myself, lol.

Its funny but they preach they want everyone to be individual and special, but they try to push them into the same square hole, by labeling amd trying to change any of the children who are a bit different, instead of working on their strengths.

They trued to do this to my grandson. I told them that they were not allowed to, he was to never know he had a label. I told them that I didn’t want him to have an excuse, and that we will help him with his difficulties.

Last edited:
I agree PGMUNN, Definitely social media and items have increased since mid 2000's.
I am a farm boy country boy and not raised, nor ever will fit in with the new way of communicating etc.
Now i will save a rant for another day on work and expectations and how it also is falling down in big industry. (mining, forestry, oil and gas, on and on)

I have been right through the gammet, from lowest rank Laborer, to highest rank, or i guess second highest rank, corporate person in some of the largest, industries in our world today.
HR, needs a lot of work, worrying about always being too kind is getting in the way of progress. It started with godamn participation awards in school and these folks are now adults. I know it sounds hickish and simple, but there are a lot of things killing our industries these days and it almost feels planned to me.

I get the finger driving normal and respecting others, i get told off when being a genuinely nice person outside of work. I am trying so hard to get to retire asap, while living a humble existence, i need sanity and peace more than money.