What exercise other than the Squat helped your Squat Max the most?

think it definitely depends on the squat type -

I like it a little wider than shoulder width, toes out, sit back - fairly upright, but no doubt a low bar squat.

Stiff leg deadlifts - big ole dirty leg press sets ( if you know, you know. That's the mindset to make those work haha) - lunges

if those three things were well taken care of for the day, my squat was consistently stronger lol.

If your back is holding your progress back then isolating the lower body will help you tremendously. Quads are the prime movers so Leg press/belt squats/split squats should be your goto.

It'll come down to your leverages and particular form. Aswell as if you squat high bar vs low bar.

If ur one of the few high bar guys out there I'd suggest front squats and hacks without a doubt.

As for low bar....heavy hip thrusts, heavy RDLs, good mornings, and GHRs would be my go-tos

like @Slickid88 said, Belt squats w/Belt squat walks, it does the trick for me, but again, depends on weak point. for me, it my leg drive that appears to be the issue, my back has no issue supporting the weight, the belt squat emphasis on my quad and explosiveness taking out the back out of the equation. Unfortunately, not everyone has access to one, I got lucky enough to get a guy to weld me a copy of the Sorinex belt squat attachment. There is a lot of DIY way of doing one and also, I used bands resistance in my training, also feel it help from time to time but not as much as the belt squat.

And as @Synyster mentioned, it does differ a lot depending if you are high or low bar, the leverage heavily varies.

Walk outs and back to rack with 100lbs more than max [work up to] --also 100lb + 1/4-1/2 squats with safety catches just under stopping point-then when comfortable lower one hole till good reps[8-10] and lower one hole-etc.Works very well

If you look at it from a standpoint of which exercises target each muscle the best.... The barbell squat is a decent exercise for all areas of the leg if done right.

However something like a hip thrust is far better for glutes, plus rdl or sldl for hams, plus hack squat for quads will individually stimulate each muscle far better. It'll just take much more effort. And much more to recover from.

For a beginner or novice trainer.. Squats are perfect... And as youre able to handle more volume.. Adding in a few sets of hacks and rdls etc will help greatly but eventually you'll need more than just relying on squats.. In my opinion.

I know a kid he was in the Squat rack every day thru high school every fuckin day this kid stuck only with the basics Squats deadlifts overhead presses dips pullups by his last year in high School this kid was squating 605 - 6 times and he was going deep he was around 200 pounds 5'8" his legs were so big he just wore track pants jeans didn't fit him , The guys calf's thighs gluetes were fuckin huge , One of the most jacked people I have ever seen just strong as fuck and shredded He played rugby and competed in wrestling he made a spot on team Canada for Rugby his wrestling coach was in the Olympics for Canada he told me he never grappled with such a strong youth and this strength was all built around the squat done religiously day in day out and then going to Rugby and Wrestling classes after the weight room over!,...... training wasn't even a thought in this Kids Mental Zone , Squats are King Persistence is Key
Don't think of it as the Mountain you are climbing be the Fuckin Mountains

For me in the past I’ve used heavy good mornings…both seated and standing with success. I’ve also used heavy high box squats. I’m also a fan of light weight explosive squats…2-3 reps and 8-12+ sets.

For reference my best squatting was 405lbs for 20 reps. So far from being very strong but not bad for me…

I am not advance on squats yet, but I find if I only squat every third leg day I get pretty dramatic improvements.
the other two weeks I just let extensions and leg presses.

For me in the past I’ve used heavy good mornings…both seated and standing with success. I’ve also used heavy high box squats. I’m also a fan of light weight explosive squats…2-3 reps and 8-12+ sets.

For reference my best squatting was 405lbs for 20 reps. So far from being very strong but not bad for me…
405 is a ton of weight. My next goal is 300. Can’t imagine 405 yet.

Walk outs and back to rack with 100lbs more than max [work up to] --also 100lb + 1/4-1/2 squats with safety catches just under stopping point-then when comfortable lower one hole till good reps[8-10] and lower one hole-etc.Works very well
2nd the heavy walk outs. Gives you more confidence when you have held an extra 100 lbs on your back and you didn't fold like a cheap tent.

Seated Good Morning?
Anybody feel these two movements are somewhat risky?
I tried seated for a week ... did them 3 times... standing ones seemed to work for me ( seated actually gave me a bit of pain at the bottom) however seated ones may work great for others.. What you have to do is try them and see how they feel and make your decision.

Seated Good Morning?
Anybody feel these two movements are somewhat risky?
They are risky if you do them with incorrect technique ... otherwisr they are great strength builders. Go watch a bunch of utubes on these 2 exercises, especially from westside barbell and learn the form and start light and work your way up. After doing these for a while, you will find your mid section will become rock solid and your squat and deadlift will significantly increase..

Here are few of the best I have found to improve your squat. Again it depends on what your specific weak point is so it can vary from athlete to athlete.

Glute Ham Raises
Reverse Hyperextensions
45 degree Hypers with barbell on back and added bands
Seated Good mornings
Zercher Squats
Front Squats with Harness