What exercise other than the Squat helped your Squat Max the most?

After running and being half thru smolov, my new answer is absolutely just more squats.

***BELTLESS*** - this has been key I ran it w/o a belt most of the program and that did numbers for my form and full body tightness.. Fuck everything else do smolov then return to normality. your legs and mind will be forever different LOL

Read the bppk "Squat everyday " by Matt Perryman. This guy did a trial on himself and he found squatting everyday was one of the best way of gaining lower body strencht and size and strength on everything else as well.

It actually feels really good with more frequency and finding it pretty much takes care of everything. Will have to check that book out thx!

I thought of something else that always helps my squat, but isnt something that comes to mind when people ask this question. Learning to breathe and brace. Drills like 90/90 hip lifts, dead bugs/bird dogs, and heavy suitcase carries always make my squat blow up. I've found the better I get at bracing, the looser I wear my belt so I can get a proper brace, instead of just doing it up tight and hoping it holds me solid.