What causes addiction?

I once saw a heroin addict in the throes of withdrawal.A riveting sight of profound misery.Parted a crowded sidewalk like Moses....

I once saw a heroin addict in the throes of withdrawal.A riveting sight of profound misery.Parted a crowded sidewalk like Moses....

Then on the other hand some people slide through it like a bad flu. Go figure the human body.

I have a buddy who was on heavy opioids for a few year because of back injury and after surgery he was tired of the way he felt on them and just stopped cold turkey. He told me he sweat, shaked and crawled on the floor for 3 days and was pretty much fine after that.

I got hooked on morphine in the hospital after getting shot 3x in the stomach. After getting out of the hospital I started using heroine to keep from getting dope-sick. When I finally tried to quit, by day 3 i gave up because it was torture.

I ended up buying a couple guys' "carries" of methadone and just took about 50mLs a day for 7 days straight. By then, the worst part was over - just a few more nights of little or no sleep. Then I went back to how i was living before all that.

I got hooked on morphine in the hospital after getting shot 3x in the stomach. After getting out of the hospital I started using heroine to keep from getting dope-sick. When I finally tried to quit, by day 3 i gave up because it was torture.

I ended up buying a couple guys' "carries" of methadone and just took about 50mLs a day for 7 days straight. By then, the worst part was over - just a few more nights of little or no sleep. Then I went back to how i was living before all that.

Wow! Shot 3 times Bro??! Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weird sounds like my story. when my lain was gonr I just stopped

I know addiction first hand. I actually just relapsed after 5 years of complete sobriety. I blew a disc in my back and was put back on painkillers. While it was only Tramadol it was enough to activate that weird part of my brain. One night I went to the hospital and they shot me with morphine and sent me home with 10 Dilaudid. Me being the dumpster I am ended up shooting two of them. I quickly caught myself and threw the rest away. I guess my point is once an addict always an addict as those behaviors still exist. It was a very short lapse but it was enough to send me back to a place of shame and guilt.

Dr. Gabor Mate views on addiction I completely agree with. Here is a quick video where he briefly explains it.