What App Does everyone use To manage their meals, calories macro nutrients etc.

PGM

Trusted Member
My friend mentioned an app that he uses called myfitnesspal... it is free and it allows you to plan your meals on a daily basis to achieve calorie, carb, protein and fat levels to achieve good nutrition and to lose or gain weight, what ever your goals is. The app has a very good database of food items and the input screens are real easy to use to plan each days meals. Adding, editing and deleting foods for breakfast lunch supper and snacks is real simple and intuitive. You can copy one days meal plan to the next day and then modify each meal a bit ... nice and easy check it out
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Whenever I go on a diet I usually download that app for like 2 or 3 days and then delete it

it’s a good app tho

Reactions: PGM
My friend mentioned an app that he uses called myfitnesspal... it is free and it allows you to plan your meals on a daily basis to achieve calorie, carb, protein and fat levels to achieve good nutrition and to lose or gain weight, what ever your goals is. The app has a very good database of food items and the input screens are real easy to use to plan each days meals. Adding, editing and deleting foods for breakfast lunch supper and snacks is real simple and intuitive. You can copy one days meal plan to the next day and then modify each meal a bit ... nice and easy check it out
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Stopped using MFP a year or two ago cause it wasn't working right (bugs) and they were not fixing it. The conflicts between cell and PC were brutal.
DO NOT trust the macros loaded on MFP (or any app) many are way wrong especially the crowd sourced info is terrible.

Create all of your own foods
, I only eat the same 20 or so ingredients anyhow. Those plus P,C and F by the gram are all that's in my database. Plus saved meals.

Now using and recommending app called Macros https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.josmantek.macros&hl=en_CA
Way better for me personally, probably for y'all too. Way simpler to use, no unnecessary fluff that most folks here don't need.

For Macro Info to create foods I use these two sources, if they conflict I use the average.
FoodData Central
SELF Nutrition Data | Food Facts, Information & Calorie Calculator

nutritiondata.self.com
nutritiondata.self.com

From This Thread:

I have been using MyFitnessPal for 8 years straight, never had any issues

best thing about it is I can look back 5 years ago and see what I was eating

Man I'm old school. I write out a plan and then just remember it. As soon as I see a stall in progress I either just add some more carbs or take them away.

Old school pen and paper, stick it on my fridge with a magnet. Diet stays the same for weeks.

I don't count macros and calories. Too skinny, eat more, too fat eat less. That said I strictly follow a set meal plan I have created, I'm just at the point where I dont need to nickle and dime out the macros to get it right. I have my meals saved in notes

IMG_4709.jpg

I use a simple equation to track my intake...
For every 100 calories, whatever I'm eating needs to have 10g of protein, and fewer than 2 grams of carbs. That equates to 200g protein per 2kkcal and 40g CHO a day. The rest comes from healthy fats. 95% of the decisions I make are now second nature, without any real need for logging.

Eating in keto, as I typically do - I don't really have to count calories, as I'm often under my daily allotment, and that's what I prefer.

MFP's database is trash. I'm all about the pen and paper lifestyle. I have 10 years of log books. A decent kitchen scale and some quick math is much more accurate.

MFP works fine for me. I usually double check the calories/macros when introducing a new food, and I generally find the app pretty accurate for the most part...

MFP is OK, the food database is massive. The downside, if you want to be exact on your goals you need to subscribe.

I switched off of it a while back and now use My Macros++ A less crowded interface than MFP, not quite as extensive of a database but still supports custom food entry and barcode scanning. The big bonus here is you can set your Macros exactly where they should be which helps when your coach says "drop 30g carbs/day"

Man I'm old school. I write out a plan and then just remember it. As soon as I see a stall in progress I either just add some more carbs or take them away.
hey what ever works is good

I just picked up the RP app (Renaissance Periodization) and am happy with it so far.
Will take a look as I am lazy on the food planning side. for my workout plan I use paper and pencil

MFP is OK, the food database is massive. The downside, if you want to be exact on your goals you need to subscribe.

I switched off of it a while back and now use My Macros++ A less crowded interface than MFP, not quite as extensive of a database but still supports custom food entry and barcode scanning. The big bonus here is you can set your Macros exactly where they should be which helps when your coach says "drop 30g carbs/day"
that is kinda cool, so it is similiar to a spread sheet with Macro's... I will check it out

I use a simple equation to track my intake...
For every 100 calories, whatever I'm eating needs to have 10g of protein, and fewer than 2 grams of carbs. That equates to 200g protein per 2kkcal and 40g CHO a day. The rest comes from healthy fats. 95% of the decisions I make are now second nature, without any real need for logging.

Eating in keto, as I typically do - I don't really have to count calories, as I'm often under my daily allotment, and that's what I prefer.

MFP's database is trash. I'm all about the pen and paper lifestyle. I have 10 years of log books. A decent kitchen scale and some quick math is much more accurate.
Great way to do ... whatever works use it.

MyFitnessPal is garbage.

Make your own spreadsheet & make your own nutritional info.
I am a lazy sob when it comes to meal planning, an automated tool gives me a quick and easy guideline when I start up food planning. After about 2 weeks I get a sense of what I should be eating based on the calories and composition %'s and then I stop using it and let the scale and mirror do the talking. Not so much when it comes to workout planning, spread sheet or old pen and paper