What’s your career!

It depends on what show I'm working on. This week I'm working on Suits so I'm up in Downsview. I was on location yesterday at various places downtown.
That's very cool. I had an ex that worked as a First art director for a few shows in Toronto over the last few years.

That's very cool. I had an ex that worked as a First art director for a few shows in Toronto over the last few years.
Now that its busy I have to readjust my workout schedule. I may be like the rock and workout at all hours of the night. LOL

Lol! Actra back in the day. Still as far as I know.

In my 20s I worked in bars and did extra work on tv and films. Only did “special skills” stuff as I was bigger guy and had a background in fighting/boxing. But could never get my card to be part of ACTRA.

In my 20s I worked in bars and did extra work on tv and films. Only did “special skills” stuff as I was bigger guy and had a background in fighting/boxing. But could never get my card to be part of ACTRA.

A bunch of us in the 80's did stunt work for a couple of shows that were being filmed in TO. Commercials also. It carried over to some of the movies in the Martial Arts genre in the 90's that were filmed in the GTA. That was forever ago.

A bunch of us in the 80's did stunt work for a couple of shows that were being filmed in TO. Commercials also. It carried over to some of the movies in the Martial Arts genre in the 90's that were filmed in the GTA. That was forever ago.

Yes I did this in the early 90s to supliment my income working the door at bars.

Construction Manager at a General contractor and civil works subtrade company.

Basically I make sure all our sites across the GTA are running smoothly, ensure my Project Managers aren't being idiots and make sure the estimation department doesnt drop the ball.

Typical Infrastructure projects.

Went to college for law and security. Joined the Army reserve as infantry. Did 2 years then remustered to cook and got my red seal. Stayed Army but was posted to the west coast all of my career in the regular forces. Right now I'm in a pool for the Canadian Coast Guard as a Chief Cook and almost done the CBSA and CSC process. I need 10 more years for a 25 year pension. Now I'm working as a chef in an old folks home until I get in for another Federal department. Retire by 44🍻

I'm a roofer (shingler). I have been doing this for just over a year now. I'm an independent contractor doing union work. Once I decided to stop competing in sports I decided to change my career from an academic job to a more active job. It has its ups and downs, but I would have to say its the best career decision I could have made for myself. I thoroughly enjoy my work. Winter is hard. Shoveling snow off of roofs, slipping and falling all day, cold wet days; it's extremely frustrating and torturous on the body, but the good thing is winter doesn't last forever!

I'm a roofer (shingler). I have been doing this for just over a year now. I'm an independent contractor doing union work. Once I decided to stop competing in sports I decided to change my career from an academic job to a more active job. It has its ups and downs, but I would have to say its the best career decision I could have made for myself. I thoroughly enjoy my work. Winter is hard. Shoveling snow off of roofs, slipping and falling all day, cold wet days; it's extremely frustrating and torturous on the body, but the good thing is winter doesn't last forever!

A roofer that works in the winter eh.

Dont see that too often, almost never here in Ontario

Manage two Muay Thai gyms and do strength and conditioning for the fighters. I have a few BJJ come in from previous gigs. Been doing it for almost 20 years with a small break for a year when I managed an Adult Sex Shop. I got burnt out and wanted to do something completely different. Boy was that different. First few months it was difficult to sell a vibrator to some girl and not try to picture her using it. Even worse when they would grab a bottle of anal lube. Fun times.

Lol
I know that feeling, Carpenter here. I may be a manager now, but I've framed my fair share of houses in negative 30, compressors stop working and I stuck with hand framing.
Nit enjoyable
Ya compressors and hoses freezing is not fun. Either is hand nailing. Plus the plywood is so slippery in the snow. It's pretty frustrating.

Ya compressors and hoses freezing is not fun. Either is hand nailing. Plus the plywood is so slippery in the snow. It's pretty frustrating.

Yeah, youvd definitely got it worse up there.

Usually I wait for a clear day to sheet the roof...
Then it might sit there for a week before a roofer gets to it.

I dont envy roofers,
Did it for one summer as a 16 year old... felt like my brain was fried by the end of the season.