What’s your career!

Was in the oil and gas industry the past 8 years, and I went back to roofing this summer but most likely will do the patch work in winters and roof in the summer from now on. I hate wearing coveralls in the summer

Scale technician. Everything from heavy truck scales to Hopper scales, asphalt, concrete, lab and my fav....marijuana scales lol Absolutely love my career.
Are you in the GTA. If you are we have likely crossed paths as most of our customers have truck and product tank scales.

No, Ottawa area. I know a few ppl in the biz down there tho. If cost of living wasn't so high there I'd move. Lots of work in that area. I'm a petroleum mechanic as well, and get lots of offers for that line of work as well. Busy busy spot.

No, Ottawa area. I know a few ppl in the biz down there tho. If cost of living wasn't so high there I'd move. Lots of work in that area. I'm a petroleum mechanic as well, and get lots of offers for that line of work as well. Busy busy spot.
PM3 myself. Don’t use it a ton other than stripping out valves from time to time.

Yes lots of work here but also very competitive market.

Yeah, I don't do much with mine anymore. Just pay to keep the license at this point lol

I used to do alot of back up generator fuel systems in the GTA. Such a nightmare with parking and access. Lived it up while I was there for weeks at a time tho . Spent more than I made I think 🤣

Work in I.T. in a Canadian bank. I started out as a mainframe programmer: COBOL and JCL and DB2 (database). Tried to do object oriented programming - JAVA. Not very good at it. Went back to COBOL. Now, I work as a mainframe person, not doing COBOL, but just keeping the mainframe test environments up so that the programmers can test their programming changes BEFORE putting them into production. I just struggle with the amount of emails that get thrown my way every day; sometimes, I feel like I am in overload because it is too fast-paced.

I work with utility owners in damage prevention. Marking and creating maps of underground infrastructure and doing Enbrige damage investigations.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Carpenter doing concrete forming and social work. I bounce back between the two, sometimes do both at the same time. I been thinking of switchi g it up... i wanna do plumbing/gasfitting. I have a bit of plumbing experience, but i basically maxed out my income in social work and concrete forming without a promotion or more schooling so i figure im in a spot to try something else

Quite the opposite on several sites (and countries) I've worked on. If they're caught snoozing they're canned immediately.
My second day on a site we thought a guy fellaskeep in one so we went up at the end of the day and he was dead... 28 year old married dad died of a heartattack