What’s your career!

Yes tons of robotics work here in Ontario. Every warehouse going up has pickers and sorters, and there is a real dearth of skilled electricians and millwrights who can do this type of work.
I am recruiting for these in Alberta right now...48.50 per hour, non union to start with red seal...Both MW and Elec... Above rate and home every day, excellent pension and awesome benefits...my max i will pay for above and beyond MW and elec/instrumentation is 52.50 ph and call ins a re 4 hours pay, even if it takes 5 minutes to reset a breaker, one hour per day just to carry the call phone if you volunteer, and 2.50 extra for NS.

And i have a whack of resumes from my recruiters and i get called to do final interviews if required as i have certain standards and questions i ask. 3 months probation that is actually set up with a competency list and skills one must demonstrate to the supervisors and managers etc. and pass.
I am a director of trades and Engineers mech and elec.
In most heavy industries that we have out here, Director mining, then pulp and paper, then other forestry items, then onto oil and gas for many yrs, and now i am in charge and responsible for a brand new facility being built from ground up in manufacturing in heavy industry. Building is up, equipment is rolling in and i want the trades to be part of the build and work with the civil and industrial guys building every piece and installing each item for their knowledge, a great thing for them, and myself.
Just hiring trades now and a couple managers, then 300 operators and a bunch of other support staff.
Fun, Hair straight back and i Love it a lot and am finally over a big hump i was in at beginning and last year for several months, now its schedules and metings and getting this baby off the ground, i love it and am excited every day i wake up again. I almost pulled the pin, due to politics, but i swathed through and now goodness ahead and i have help now.

I'm just kidding though I love research stuff I'm sure your jobs a millions times better then mine

I love academia sugar is good for us, steroids cause tumors and men and women have absolutely no biological difference fuck bro your fields booming these days your nuts for wanting to leave lol. What do you study?

There is more to how academia operates than that but I see the point you are trying to make.

I finished my studies a long time ago now.

I'm just kidding though I love research stuff I'm sure your jobs a millions times better then mine

It pays well, which is why it is proving difficult figuring out a career change. But the politics are what gets me.

I feel too old to 'start over' in a completely different area.

It pays well, which is why it is proving difficult figuring out a career change. But the politics are what gets me.

I feel too old to 'start over' in a completely different area.
Yea I feel the same way, I'm thinking about going back to school but I'm thinking more and more that our country's college system is a fucking scam. I'm not a conspiracy theorist just the entire set up seems like bullshit