Weightlifter descrimination

Damon

Trusted Member
Its a thing folks, I just got let go from a job and I dealt with this for 3 months. They waited till I was 3 shifts from the end of my probation, and fired me on my birthday lmao
I'm not so much pissed they fired me, whatever it was a shit place and health Canada should be told about what actually goes on behind closed doors.
I'm pissed because they would not give me a reason. Without cause is all I got.
The hr woman did all the talking the boss man I tried to get him to talk and he never said a word, just sat there like a scared puppy with deer in headlights eyes.
I wasn't even being a dick lol I was respectful.
For 3 months I would constantly take shit about demenial crap, including using the bathroom 6 times in a shift, yes I got written up for taking a piss 6 times in a shift.
a few times I tried to call out other people for the exact same thing I got called on and I basically got told to shut up every time.
Example putting chocolate molds in boxes aggresively or putting stickers on crooked. Yup they tried to fire me over crooked stickers.
Don't even get me going on what happens if you miss count 5 gummies in a jar LMFAO omg.
I'm not retarded I passed kindergarten but some people never got there degree in counting to five.

I finally got fed up and asked wtf am I doing that is pissing everyone off.
Like honestly is it shift leads or employees, let's sit down let me apologize for whatever I did so we can move forward. I'm here to pay my bills and feed my family same as everyone else.
I was told they can't do that because of there rights of privacy and non disclosure.
They finally said that I can be a little intimidating because of my size and I have a resting bitch face basically so some people thought I was going to roid rage out was the just of it lol.
Everyroom has cameras in it and I'm not that stupid.
But I was the biggest guy there and I'm only 220 right now. I am way far off from being anything close to intimidating lol.

Yup so I learnt something new and potheads all think people who lift weights will roid rage out.
Ohh well guess its time to go back to construction. We're not ment to work live with the civilized world

I see it everyday.. they are weak inside and dont have the balls to stand up to you. You were the king of the lunchroom and they dont like it. I see it more and more the bigger i get.. fucking grade school mentality

Its a thing folks, I just got let go from a job and I dealt with this for 3 months. They waited till I was 3 shifts from the end of my probation, and fired me on my birthday lmao
I'm not so much pissed they fired me, whatever it was a shit place and health Canada should be told about what actually goes on behind closed doors.
I'm pissed because they would not give me a reason. Without cause is all I got.
The hr woman did all the talking the boss man I tried to get him to talk and he never said a word, just sat there like a scared puppy with deer in headlights eyes.
I wasn't even being a dick lol I was respectful.
For 3 months I would constantly take shit about demenial crap, including using the bathroom 6 times in a shift, yes I got written up for taking a piss 6 times in a shift.
a few times I tried to call out other people for the exact same thing I got called on and I basically got told to shut up every time.
Example putting chocolate molds in boxes aggresively or putting stickers on crooked. Yup they tried to fire me over crooked stickers.
Don't even get me going on what happens if you miss count 5 gummies in a jar LMFAO omg.
I'm not retarded I passed kindergarten but some people never got there degree in counting to five.

I finally got fed up and asked wtf am I doing that is pissing everyone off.
Like honestly is it shift leads or employees, let's sit down let me apologize for whatever I did so we can move forward. I'm here to pay my bills and feed my family same as everyone else.
I was told they can't do that because of there rights of privacy and non disclosure.
They finally said that I can be a little intimidating because of my size and I have a resting bitch face basically so some people thought I was going to roid rage out was the just of it lol.
Everyroom has cameras in it and I'm not that stupid.
But I was the biggest guy there and I'm only 220 right now. I am way far off from being anything close to intimidating lol.

Yup so I learnt something new and potheads all think people who lift weights will roid rage out.
Ohh well guess its time to go back to construction. We're not ment to work live with the civilized world

Change your environment.

you're in a place where people dont accept you and you dont fit in.

Find a place where you do fit in.
Specifically the trades.

Some of my employees powerlift, I even set up a rack in my office so the guys can smash some sets after their shift.

There are lots of places that are like that.
You need to find a place that fits you and not worry about the assholes.

People will ALWAYS hate and throw shade your way.
It's your responsibility to change.your situation and go somewhere that is helpful to you .

Shitty deal.
i have listened to that crap since i put size on. Intimidating. I can see if there was a heated argument then maybe, but i rarely put myself in those situations. Up until i quit my job a few weeks ago, i have been managing 30+ Mechanics, so sometimes its nice to have the intimidation factor and use it to your advantage. šŸ˜

I agree the discrimation towards big guys exsists and I have experienced it first hand many times. For me, it generally came from femminist type women, women who had higher authority than myself, women who feel intimadted etc..

I never really got the descrimination from men. Maybe the odd man who had little man syndrome..

When I was younger I handled myself differently and my demeanour honestly matched my physical appearance. Truth actually was I was a really quiet guy, shy almost.. But because I was sitting between 300-325 with outlines of abs, my quietness really intimated people.

Now, I'm still 280 without the abs, but my personality is much different now. Im quite out spoken now in most situations and I am very conscious of the people in my company. For example at work, if I'm in a meeting with new people, I'm especially outgoing and cheerful. I'm not pretending, but I just make a effort to show that side of me more. It gets me ahead and makes my work life easier.... But I still come across people (usually women) who do discrimanate and stereo type me.

But like the guy above said, maybe find a place with more people like you. You'll be happier and more successful.

I get this too, in a way, but people at work know me and know I'm chill so luckily it's not an issue, and the people that know me tell new hires that I'm ok.

I try to go out of my way to smile, appear generally happy, and small talk with others here and there, as I've got a resting B face too. It helps.

What's funny is I did get a talking to about having two lunch breaks. One at 11:30 and one at 2:30. Reasoning: i need to spread out my food intake and those are the times right before the lunchroom gets packed. I am in there for approx 20 min each time. That's 40 min.

Everyone else takes a 1 hour lunch break + 2 coffee breaks. Which is more productive?

Now I can eat in peace.

As much as it's shitty you lost your job, wear that shit proud that you are an alpha in a sea of betas. An Alpha will always have money to support himself and his family anyways. That was the universes way of telling you something better is coming your way. A guy like yourself would be better off leading people anyways, that way your intimidating factor works in your favour, does for me at least. Sounds like a bunch of fucking pussies you worked with that can't take the fact that they are old, fat and fucking slaves to their wives and girlfriends.

Change your environment.

you're in a place where people dont accept you and you dont fit in.

Find a place where you do fit in.
Specifically the trades.

Some of my employees powerlift, I even set up a rack in my office so the guys can smash some sets after their shift.

There are lots of places that are like that.
You need to find a place that fits you and not worry about the assholes.

People will ALWAYS hate and throw shade your way.
It's your responsibility to change.your situation and go somewhere that is helpful to you .
I wish.....

I am a tradesman with 3 tickets and now a professional manager with a few designations to my title and have been for many, many years. I am a maintenance and engineering manager. I started with a grade 10 education after I quit school, and then on a shovel, and night classes in my early 20's to get my grade 12, I worked through every level from the very bottom.

Back in the day when I was a working tradesman, I was accepted quite a bit, not always as there were some bitches I worked with that were intimidated by everything.
I was known as the human crane, I am a strong dude. I could carry 2 large o2 tanks for my oxy/ acet torches up several flights of stairs. I could lift a full 45 gallon oil barrel up to my knees and if a low half ton truck get it on the tailgate, etc. etc.
Then I became a supervisor many moons ago in the construction side of things. Ironworkers, Boilermakers, welders, pipefitters, millwrights, electricians etc, I was the GF on the job.
Then guys were saying I was intimidating if I was giving them feedback, or waking them up in their hotel rooms because they danced all night and couldn't sing all day.
My old friends that I partied with and I never was late for work...EVER. They didn't like it which is ok with me. Thought of me as a sellout because I didn't want to remain on the tools my entire career.

Then I got into engineering manager and trades manager in facilities 1800 person job sites manufacturing in mining and many other industries.
I had to have a dress code put on me by HR, because the union snowflakes were intimidated if I was moving my arms aROUND TALKING.
I WAS 6'1"280 LBS, AND VEINY ETC, BUT NEVER EVER HAVE I BEEN A GUY TO LOSE MY COOL. ever. Sorry for caps, fat finger hit caps lock, not yelling.
I had to wear loose fitting long sleeved shirts at all times. It was harassment but I didn't do anything on it as the rewards would be much less than the issues I would have politically. That was then, I wouldn't let that happen now. I now have worked my way up past the HR folks to the top of the ladder in the mgmnt side of business.

Here is a prime example of how bodybuilders and powerlifters are discriminated against, I consider myself a powerbuilder.

Not long ago in the lunchrooms , I constantly listen to hockey players brag about getting goals, doing this and that. All saying wow man, that's great.
I constantly listen to golfers talking about their scores and how great they did. Again their fellow golfers saying good stuff man etc.

So I say to one of my BB buddies, I set a pr last night I benched 405 for 8 with countrychic spotting and she had to assist me on rep 9.
I did 315 for 16 reps unassisted last week.
I say this, the room goes dead quiet.
I can feel the negative vibes.

I leave the room a few minutes later to go for a piss, I come back and 2 hero snowflakes are speaking loudly in front of the room, fuck I could lift that as well if I did roids. Or any dumbass can pick up weight with handles id like to see what he can do out in the field.

Again these are tradesmen, and I am a triple ticketed tradesman and respect them all deeply as trades aint easy.
But it burnt me to the core as I wanted to say lets go to the field bitches as I already ruled that roost many years ago.

I apologize in advance if this comes across arrogant or braggish. Its not it is all true and I cant brag about these things to normal folks I rub elbows with every day. So I am venting and sharing here... I read this back and I sound like an asshole bragger, but again, I am not that person as I was at one time these days as I mature a little bit at a time, so I hope no one thinks less of me for venting with no filter today....;^)

I still meet good ones from time to time, but these days even the boilermakers are becoming snowflakes...Brutal.

I wish.....

I am a tradesman with 3 tickets and now a professional manager with a few designations to my title and have been for many, many years. I am a maintenance and engineering manager. I started with a grade 10 education after I quit school, and then on a shovel, and night classes in my early 20's to get my grade 12, I worked through every level from the very bottom.

Back in the day when I was a working tradesman, I was accepted quite a bit, not always as there were some bitches I worked with that were intimidated by everything.
I was known as the human crane, I am a strong dude. I could carry 2 large o2 tanks for my oxy/ acet torches up several flights of stairs. I could lift a full 45 gallon oil barrel up to my knees and if a low half ton truck get it on the tailgate, etc. etc.
Then I became a supervisor many moons ago in the construction side of things. Ironworkers, Boilermakers, welders, pipefitters, millwrights, electricians etc, I was the GF on the job.
Then guys were saying I was intimidating if I was giving them feedback, or waking them up in their hotel rooms because they danced all night and couldn't sing all day.
My old friends that I partied with and I never was late for work...EVER. They didn't like it which is ok with me. Thought of me as a sellout because I didn't want to remain on the tools my entire career.

Then I got into engineering manager and trades manager in facilities 1800 person job sites manufacturing in mining and many other industries.
I had to have a dress code put on me by HR, because the union snowflakes were intimidated if I was moving my arms aROUND TALKING.
I WAS 6'1"280 LBS, AND VEINY ETC, BUT NEVER EVER HAVE I BEEN A GUY TO LOSE MY COOL. ever. Sorry for caps, fat finger hit caps lock, not yelling.
I had to wear loose fitting long sleeved shirts at all times. It was harassment but I didn't do anything on it as the rewards would be much less than the issues I would have politically. That was then, I wouldn't let that happen now. I now have worked my way up past the HR folks to the top of the ladder in the mgmnt side of business.

Here is a prime example of how bodybuilders and powerlifters are discriminated against, I consider myself a powerbuilder.

Not long ago in the lunchrooms , I constantly listen to hockey players brag about getting goals, doing this and that. All saying wow man, that's great.
I constantly listen to golfers talking about their scores and how great they did. Again their fellow golfers saying good stuff man etc.

So I say to one of my BB buddies, I set a pr last night I benched 405 for 8 with countrychic spotting and she had to assist me on rep 9.
I did 315 for 16 reps unassisted last week.
I say this, the room goes dead quiet.
I can feel the negative vibes.

I leave the room a few minutes later to go for a piss, I come back and 2 hero snowflakes are speaking loudly in front of the room, fuck I could lift that as well if I did roids. Or any dumbass can pick up weight with handles id like to see what he can do out in the field.

Again these are tradesmen, and I am a triple ticketed tradesman and respect them all deeply as trades aint easy.
But it burnt me to the core as I wanted to say lets go to the field bitches as I already ruled that roost many years ago.

I apologize in advance if this comes across arrogant or braggish. Its not it is all true and I cant brag about these things to normal folks I rub elbows with every day. So I am venting and sharing here... I read this back and I sound like an asshole bragger, but again, I am not that person as I was at one time these days as I mature a little bit at a time, so I hope no one thinks less of me for venting with no filter today....;^)

I still meet good ones from time to time, but these days even the boilermakers are becoming snowflakes...Brutal.

Alot of it comes down to culture,

You sound like you're around a company like Modern Niagara or Fox.
I've used them as a subtrade when I'm subbed in as a Superintendent for my sites... they've gonethe way of the snowflake for sure.
Fitters used to be harder than the pipe they welded lol

A lot of it is culture
I own a Union company (Carpenters)
We cant get anyone from our local as they are complete bitches....
So we hire, Sign and train internally.

Weve built s culture of being hard as fuck.
My guys are all ex cons, lifters and country boys... no time for being a bitch lol.
If I ever smelled a pansy "Born to be union" snowflake, I fired them immediatly... (I get grieved a few times a month lol)

PRs conversations or PL form is a common conversation on my sites.

Like I said, I welded a power rack in my warehouse so the lads can do some lifting after work hahaha.

I guess I dont really see much of what your talking about... mainly because I'm a Senior Partner/Owner.

Everyone is always nice to the guy that signs POs and paychecks lol.

I think society in general is becoming a bunch of useless pansies, I think that's just the western way of life now.

That will happened at my company.. when I'm cold and dead in the fucking ground.:D:D:D

So what do you guys think is the cause of this sort of snowflake over-sensitive nature of men these days? I don't know if it's a blanket case but you run into it a lot it seems. A Canada thing, a west-in-general thing? A lot of people say "testosterone" that's the easy boogyanswer, but I don't fully buy that actually (might be part of it or a result of what's happening)

This is an extreme example but... remember in Full Metal Jacket when the fat guy fucked up and dragged everyone down, they all let him know with a soapblocking in the middle of the night. That's an extreme reaction to illustrate that one guy eating jelly donuts in the battlefield instead of paying attention can cost everyone their lives, so that's why they did that, not due to "toxic masculinity" or "fat shaming", but because of fucking reality. But note that nobody boo-hooed to mom in the fucking HR department. That would have been even more of a bitch-move than eating the donut

Why can't men just go up to each other and confront the issue at hand in a civil fair-minded way, without getting all offended, resolve it, and then move on for the greater good? Why be such embarrassing pussies about it?

So what do you guys think is the cause of this sort of snowflake over-sensitive nature of men these days?

Men are being stripped of our identity, and taught that masculinity is bad. It starts from the day your born through media, and gets worse until you hit public school, where your completely indoctrinated. You leave public school a brainwashed programmed robot, and then enter government funded universities to finish you off. It makes it way easier for them to control us that way.