Vitamin D may help muscle strength among other benefits

I got it checked several months ago and I was deficient. Most people are without noticing it. If you’re deficient you’ll get a mega dose of vitamin d prescribed for some weeks. You can supplement too and you’ll gradually get the same results.

I got it checked several months ago and I was deficient. Most people are without noticing it. If you’re deficient you’ll get a mega dose of vitamin d prescribed for some weeks. You can supplement too and you’ll gradually get the same results.
I take 3 vit d pills a day to get enough. You really can’t overdose on it.

I take 3000 IU a day and will until I move to a place with more sunshine. This puts me in the high end of normal.
Interesting the amount people need. There was a time it was 400 IU, then 1000 IU a day, and now there are neurologists recommending 2000 IU a day or higher to prevent neurological diseases. Why - they have no idea but there is a correlation. Previously, it was location specific and MS. If you lived in an area with a lot of sunshine, the incidence of MS reduced significantly as the sun gives is a lot of vitamin D.

I have a friend who takes 10-20,000 IU a day to treat his MS and is getting better. Prior he was heading to a wheel chair and is back walking very close to normal. I take 2000 IU a day and probably always will unless it is the summer and I spend a lot of time outside.