vaping

I spent a lot of time researching e liquid as I made e liquid for quite some time. It is not even 1/100 as harmful as smoking and does not contain 1/100 of the chemicals.

As far as 'popcorn lung' goes. Far more and I mean for more e liquids DONT contain the chemical that may cause it. And the ones that do have it at less than a fraction of a percentage.

It does not need to be banned whatsoever. Cigarettes need to he banned.

Thats like saying let's ban cars because some under age kids are driving because their parents didn't give them the proper tools to make good choices.

I've also been vaping for years...am an ex smoker. My bloodwork while smoking was horrendous and bloodwork not smoking only vaping was perfect. Nothing else changed. Lung function test perfect as well. Not the case while smoking.

I heard the popcorn lung was possibly caused buy vitamin e in the oil that the lungs couldn't break down or other cheap Chinese ingredients its just hear say but I still don't trust them. Better off quiting fully to reap all the health bennifets especially psychologically once you break the fixation

I used a Vape to quit smoking. I was up to 2 packs a day.
Started on 12mg Juice, went down gradually and quit altogether
I’d say no matter how you look at it, legit e-juice made in Canada or the USA by a reputable company has to be way healthier than cigs.
I’ve also hear of popcorn lung, but that came from home brewers and blackmarket THC Vape shit. The news was all about it back when I was Vaping. I haven’t heard of any of the name brands having these issues.
Been a few years since I vaped though.

The scary part of the vape industry is their is no regulation in the preparations. So a store can by all the raw materials and then brew and sell their home brew vape juice at a discounted price.

Guess who buys the discounted shit?

And the prep areas inside some of these shops are disgusting and would make the most sketchy ugl bathtub brand look like a fucking clean room set up in a gmp certified facility…. Basically kids high as balls cranking out bathtub made vape juice for the masses looking for the cheapest or best bang for their buck.

Obviously these aren’t all places, and there are some that take pride or at least care in what they do…. but there are a boat load of them that aren’t.

So the issues just aren’t the product itself, it’s the standards to which it can be made as well. At least in ontario. Perhaps other provinces regulate it more, but I would expect there would be little interest in enforcement unless someone got sick and could link it to a certain place.

To my understanding this is the types of vapes that are worse than cigarettes

I spent a lot of time researching e liquid as I made e liquid for quite some time. It is not even 1/100 as harmful as smoking and does not contain 1/100 of the chemicals.

As far as 'popcorn lung' goes. Far more and I mean for more e liquids DONT contain the chemical that may cause it. And the ones that do have it at less than a fraction of a percentage.

It does not need to be banned whatsoever. Cigarettes need to he banned.

Thats like saying let's ban cars because some under age kids are driving because their parents didn't give them the proper tools to make good choices.

I've also been vaping for years...am an ex smoker. My bloodwork while smoking was horrendous and bloodwork not smoking only vaping was perfect. Nothing else changed. Lung function test perfect as well. Not the case while smoking.

I disagree a bit..

I think the flavoured vape shit needs to be banned due to the youths who are doing it.

Do cigarettes need to be banned? Not sure about that for me.. Most kids who have tried a cigarette say its fucking gross tasting.. vapes, they like..

I don't ;think comparing underage driving to underage vaping is the same.. The number of under age vapers isn't even close to underage drviers.

I sat and talked with a handful of kids aged 12/13 that I know vape.. They all admitted to it freely.. I told them I heard flavoured vape juice is looking like it will get banned and just the non flavoured stuff will be avaialble.. kids were in shock.. A couple said they would just go buy a shit load of flavoured stuff before its gone.. another kid said he would flavour his own.. I'm not sure if you can flavour your own but he said he'd put rosemary in his lol..

Anyways conversation went casual and 1 kid told me his grandma buys his.. another said there mom buys there.. the rest didn't tell me where they got there's from..

I disagree a bit..

I think the flavoured vape shit needs to be banned due to the youths who are doing it.

Do cigarettes need to be banned? Not sure about that for me.. Most kids who have tried a cigarette say its fucking gross tasting.. vapes, they like..

I don't ;think comparing underage driving to underage vaping is the same.. The number of under age vapers isn't even close to underage drviers.
I wasn't trying to come off as rude either. I reread what I wrote and thought maybe it sounded dickish. I appoligize if I came off that way.

I dont think kids should be vaping at all. Nor do I think they should be smoking. I do agree 100% with vaping being used as a hard reduction tool though.

I still agree with flavored everything being available to responsible adults. I think banning anything is a bad idea as that just creates illegal activity because people are going to do things whether they're legal or not.

And the rules ad they sit right now, if followed would prevent young kids from vaping. But, of course no one follows rules. He'll, I was a young kid getting older peeps to buy me smokes and beer lol. It is what it is I guess.

I heard the popcorn lung was possibly caused buy vitamin e in the oil that the lungs couldn't break down or other cheap Chinese ingredients its just hear say but I still don't trust them. Better off quiting fully to reap all the health bennifets especially psychologically once you break the fixation
No legal vape juice sold on the legal market contains vit E. And it's Diacetyl which can cause lung issues and not all juice contains this. More doesn't than does.

I wasn't trying to come off as rude either. I reread what I wrote and thought maybe it sounded dickish. I appoligize if I came off that way.

I dont think kids should be vaping at all. Nor do I think they should be smoking. I do agree 100% with vaping being used as a hard reduction tool though.

I still agree with flavored everything being available to responsible adults. I think banning anything is a bad idea as that just creates illegal activity because people are going to do things whether they're legal or not.

And the rules ad they sit right now, if followed would prevent young kids from vaping. But, of course no one follows rules. He'll, I was a young kid getting older peeps to buy me smokes and beer lol. It is what it is I guess.

no you didn't sound dickish lol..

I hate bans more than anyone I know.. I am a hard core gun owners with lots of hand guns.. I am a hard core hunter and trapper... I am a big time user of public lands.. I also use pot.. I am more targeted by bans than most ppl I think.. I hate banning everything because of one person or a small group.. I hate it..

but right now its completely fucked how many kids are vaping. so that's why I am quesitoning my own personal believes about it..

rules and punishments are in place to ensure things are done safely.. I often disagree with these as well.. but for vaping the rules ans punishments aren't being carried out.. And in fact the adults who are responsible for these kids are the ones who know their kid is vaping or buying it.

I always explain to kids the reason we have laws pertaining to age is that those under that age often don't have the maturity or life experience to make the deicsions pertaining to that particular thing. So a youth is not allowed to carry a gun and hunt alone until they are 16 or 18 ('m not entirely sure) and this is because the majority of the youths under that 16/18 just don't have the expeiecnes needed to make the right decisions carrying a gun alone to hunt.. Vaping is no different.. youths simply don't have the maturuty or live experience to leave the choice ot vape up to them or not. But its not working..

I know I'm in a unique community.. its rough.. like ridicously rough.. so my community likely does not represent the average community. So my perspective liekly isn't needed all over Canada..

I still agree with flavored everything being available to responsible adults.
I'd be OK with this, but isn't that how it is already? Can a 12yr old walk into a store and buy vape stuff or do they need an adult, fake id, or a store that just doesn't give a shit to be able to buy it?

I'd be OK with this, but isn't that how it is already? Can a 12yr old walk into a store and buy vape stuff or do they need an adult, fake id, or a store that just doesn't give a shit to be able to buy it?
This is the way it is now. You are not allowed inside a vape store of you are under age. You can't even see in the stores.

I think its the exact same laws as cigarettes..

A great question is where the hell are these kids getting oit from? As mentioned, some are right from mom/dad/gmad/gpa/older brother etc. And those kids who have easy access are deffinitely giving it to other kids.

When I Was under age, buying booze proved difficult lol.. many older people we knew didn't feel good about buying it from us for fear that we would say something to the wrong kid who would rat them out. The older person feared the conseqwuence of buying booze for under agers.. DOn't think that fear exists with buying vape for young kids.

Seems getting vapes/vape liquid isn't difficult like gettign booze was..

When I worked at a bar, we did have young looking people try to come in who were infact paid to see if we ID'd.

I'd like to see this program extend to going to gas stations and seeing if they will sell vape stuff to a young looking person with no ID. Be interesting to see what that program would do for my community.

When I worked at a bar, we did have young looking people try to come in who were infact paid to see if we ID'd.

I'd like to see this program extend to going to gas stations and seeing if they will sell vape stuff to a young looking person with no ID. Be interesting to see what that program would do for my community.
My cousin used to do this back in the day. It's a good idea. I think the underage vaping is a parenting problem, like most things nowadays.

They do have this program for all places that sell smokes. Gas stations too.

The problem is that it's not regulated well. You can go into a lot of mom-and-pop places and buy vapes and flavours. These same places can't sell smokes. I used to own a spot that would sell vape stuff, there were so many places to buy from, literally hundreds. Because it's easy to make it becomes impossible for the government to track. You can literally make it in a 5-gallon pail like mixing Kool-Aide. I wouldn't be surprised if High School kids were making it bottling and re-selling. Manufacturing smokes is not so easy, so kids don't smoke anymore.

I stress to my 14-year-old that I don't want him to start. I told him I'm ok with him smoking weed the odd time and drinking just please stay away from vapes.