Update: Ahhhh my f*** belt!

wildcognac

Trusted Member
Misplaced my belt yesterday. Realized that only 30min after and returned to the gym and some douche already took it and left.
Talked to manager today, asked if he can pull out security cam and just look through that 30min time frame, or if I can put up 2-3 "missing" posters.
Here are his reason for refusal:
- He's busy and won't be able to scroll through 30min-worth of footage
- No flyer cuz it'll open door for other to put up their own posters

basically saying it's not their responsibility. i somehow agree, except that it's also not our responsibility to keep the door open for someone behind you, or give up a seat for those who need it, but it's a nice thing to do. I wouldn't be so pissed if they can just say "we'll keep an eye out" instead of downright rejecting.

what a fuckery

/end rant

Shitty. Keep an eye open for it - the jackass will show up one day at your gym using it. Cuz any man who steals another person's belt is not that swift. I will not give you retribution ideas as I'm a sick fucker when it comes to revenge.

Misplaced my belt yesterday. Realized that only 30min after and returned to the gym and some douche already took it and left.
Talked to manager today, asked if he can pull out security cam and just look through that 30min time frame, or if I can put up 2-3 "missing" posters.

basically saying it's not their responsibility. i somehow agree, except that it's also not our responsibility to keep the door open for someone behind you, or give up a seat for those who need it, but it's a nice thing to do. I wouldn't be so pissed if they can just say "we'll keep an eye out" instead of downright rejecting.

what a fuckery

/end rant

I’m going to assume depending on what gym it is that you checked if they had anything in lost and found. Happened with a belt I had, someone brought it to the desk right away, but I had some time of being pissed of before coming to that realization. [emoji1750]

If someone did steal it, hopefully they are dumb enough to wear it in the gym now.

what a fuckery

/end rant
Sure sounds like the manager had something to do with the belt missing

What gym is this? Is it a big box gym or a local one?

Was it a nice belt?

Tell this idiot you will take them to small claims court if he isn't even willing to help you, let him know it will cost him a half day minimum just to address it, let alone the cost of the belt if he loses or doesn't show up.

Sketchy claim with low % chances of winning in court but maybe

Sure sounds like the manager had something to do with the belt missing

What gym is this? Is it a big box gym or a local one?

Was it a nice belt?

it's a commercial gym that recently underwent rebrand due to poor management (and yes, ironically, i still think their management team suck big time).
belt is by pioneer (hybrid), a gift from a good friend which is why i really hope to get it back. i doubt the manager has anything to do with it, but he's just a selfish corporate lap dog who seems letting his human decency slowly erode away.

Shitty. Keep an eye open for it - the jackass will show up one day at your gym using it. Cuz any man who steals another person's belt is not that swift. I will not give you retribution ideas as I'm a sick fucker when it comes to revenge.
I'm a regular at the gym so I'll definitely station more often just to see if any idiot dare to wear it out. lol do share your method...sometime it's satisfying just to think of it

Tell this idiot you will take them to small claims court if he isn't even willing to help you, let him know it will cost him a half day minimum just to address it, let alone the cost of the belt if he loses or doesn't show up.

Sketchy claim with low % chances of winning in court but maybe
well they put it up front "not our responsibility" gazillion years ago so i doubt suing will do anything. they'll soon lose a customer that's for sure.

I’m going to assume depending on what gym it is that you checked if they had anything in lost and found. Happened with a belt I had, someone brought it to the desk right away, but I had some time of being pissed of before coming to that realization. [emoji1750]

If someone did steal it, hopefully they are dumb enough to wear it in the gym now.
yep checked with L/F first. and nope, no one returned it and definitely nowhere to be seen on the premises. will have to camp there to spot the fucker i think

it's a commercial gym that recently underwent rebrand due to poor management (and yes, ironically, i still think their management team suck big time).
belt is by pioneer (hybrid), a gift from a good friend which is why i really hope to get it back. i doubt the manager has anything to do with it, but he's just a selfish corporate lap dog who seems letting his human decency slowly erode away.

I'm a regular at the gym so I'll definitely station more often just to see if any idiot dare to wear it out. lol do share your method...sometime it's satisfying just to think of it

well they put it up front "not our responsibility" gazillion years ago so i doubt suing will do anything. they'll soon lose a customer that's for sure.
That’s odd, any commercial gym would have no issue checking the cameras, at least all the ones I’ve been to, literally takes a few minutes to skip through a 30 minute video and see when it was taken

This has been pissing me off all day, I might be more mad than you are lol

1 - you mentioned it's a commercial gym, if he has superiors go to them stress that all you want is some fucking help and a look at the tapes
2 - different camera setups will only hold the info for a certain period, 24 hrs is pretty common especially if it's older, you are probably running out of time
3- "not our responsibility" tell him that's fine but I doubt a judge will see it that way. He's gotta show up and waste his time or you'll win by default.

afaik that doesn't mean shit anyways, they can "say" whatever they want, that has nothing to do with what's legal. Everything I say here is just my opinion and experience but I have a lot of these types of experiences under my belt.

I can't see why it would be any different than when a parking lot company puts up a sign that says "Not responsible for any loss or damage". They want you to read that after you come back to the car and find it damaged or burgled and give up. A half dozen or so times I've been involved with stuff like that and we've always won.

I'd not be above making up a big sign and standing out front talking to everyone coming and going, if you are not that bold you can put a mask and hoodie on to save urself the embarrassment.

Seriously pissed,
G1

That’s odd, any commercial gym would have no issue checking the cameras, at least all the ones I’ve been to, literally takes a few minutes to skip through a 30 minute video and see when it was taken
which is why i think the manager being an asshat using "I'm pretty busy" as his excuse for not checking the cam.
This has been pissing me off all day, I might be more mad than you are lol

1 - you mentioned it's a commercial gym, if he has superiors go to them stress that all you want is some fucking help and a look at the tapes
2 - different camera setups will only hold the info for a certain period, 24 hrs is pretty common especially if it's older, you are probably running out of time
3- "not our responsibility" tell him that's fine but I doubt a judge will see it that way. He's gotta show up and waste his time or you'll win by default.

afaik that doesn't mean shit anyways, they can "say" whatever they want, that has nothing to do with what's legal. Everything I say here is just my opinion and experience but I have a lot of these types of experiences under my belt.

I can't see why it would be any different than when a parking lot company puts up a sign that says "Not responsible for any loss or damage". They want you to read that after you come back to the car and find it damaged or burgled and give up. A half dozen or so times I've been involved with stuff like that and we've always won.

I'd not be above making up a big sign and standing out front talking to everyone coming and going, if you are not that bold you can put a mask and hoodie on to save urself the embarrassment.

Seriously pissed,
G1
The gym is part of a franchise and this guy is the manager/head of this branch. And it's mostly the manager's attitude that pissed me off the most; "I'm busy and no time for your matter" says a lot about his character, especially when running a business.
i won't go person to person asking about the belt. but I'm going to see if they'll let me leave a pic at the front desk so they can keep an eye out. at least this way the matter will be kept private and won't "open freaking door" to others.

Has someone steal a pair of running shoes I wore lifting. Left them in the change room for half hour or so and they were gone.

week or two later I see this guy wearing them in the gym. I was 23 or 24 years old, 300lbs juiced up etc.. He was in his late 30's and I was pissed.. I was waiting for him to leave the gym to confront him and a guy I know who went to school with him told me he was special needs. Didn't appear to be, but apparently his IQ was very very low and he didn't have much money..

I let it be..

I can’t understand why someone would want to steal and then use a sweaty old lifting belt. 🤦‍♂️

When I was younger I left my beat up work boots on the front porch as the were really muddy. Someone actually took them. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Update: saw the douchebag/idiot took my belt and got it back from him.
saying he borrowed it from the lost and found yesterday, which is completely BS cuz i checked it everyday including yesterday since i lost it.
POS that fucktard (pardon language)
Hell ya man. I'm glad you got it back. Knowing what they're worth I wouldve been losing my mind after I saw him with it