UFC - Holloway vs Rodriguez

Bolton73

Trusted Member
I know this isn't a big card, and the only reason I'm posting this is because Holloway is my favorite fighter - bar none.

So, obviously I have Holloway winning. Of course, with Yair's wild crazy spinning stuff he always has a "hail Mary chance", but I don't see a repeat of the Rodriguez-Korean Zombie fight.

I think Max is going to start a bit slow - as usual - and slowly pick up the pace and volume; and either win by decision or a late stoppage.

This is just my opinion ... what's yours ?

I know this isn't a big card, and the only reason I'm posting this is because Holloway is my favorite fighter - bar none.

So, obviously I have Holloway winning. Of course, with Yair's wild crazy spinning stuff he always has a "hail Mary chance", but I don't see a repeat of the Rodriguez-Korean Zombie fight.

I think Max is going to start a bit slow - as usual - and slowly pick up the pace and volume; and either win by decision or a late stoppage.

This is just my opinion ... what's yours ?

I don’t see this as a tough fight for Max. If he boxes as nice and tight the way he has lately it’ll be very one-sided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holloway and Rothwell by decision. Dont know any other names on the card..lol. I doubt I will even watch this one

Holloway and Rothwell by decision. Dont know any other names on the card..lol. I doubt I will even watch this one
Lol, I hear ya. I'll probably just tune in near the end, so that I don't miss the Holloway fight. Hoping to see a Holloway-Volkanovski 3 in the future.

I don’t see this as a tough fight for Max. If he boxes as nice and tight the way he has lately it’ll be very one-sided

It should be a routine night for Holloway, as long as he doesn't treat it like a routine night, lol. That's when you sometimes get caught

Well, that one was a lot closer than i thought it would be. Respect to Yair for coming back from a 2 year lay-off and putting on a good performance against arguably the best 145er in history.

Great performances by Khaos Williams, Song Yadong, and de Lima. Not bad for a Fight Night card.

That was a good card. Guys came to fight.

Max makes it harder than it has to be. Love the guy but he should have taken him down in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Max is a very solid black belt in jiujitsu, I question his fight IQ because he keeps going out and getting in these wars.

That was a good card. Guys came to fight.

Max makes it harder than it has to be. Love the guy but he should have taken him down in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Max is a very solid black belt in jiujitsu, I question his fight IQ because he keeps going out and getting in these wars.

Even though he's my favorite fighter, I absolutely agree. He makes it much harder than it has to be. And when is he going to start working on checking kicks ?!! LoL.

I also question his decision of completely eliminating all sparring. At the very least, I would assume that it would lead to slow starts in a fight - having it take longer to get your timing down, etc. It also stops you from getting better at making reads and adjustments during the fight.

I just don't think that 99.9% of all athletes in all the different combat sports have had it wrong all these years, and that sparring is unnecessary and counterproductive. Just for myself, it was always crucial.

He's 29, and as he gets older, I'd like to see him taking less punishment in his fights. As we know, that catches up to you in later years.