UFC 272 - Covington vs Masvidal

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Who do you guys got on this card.

I've got Covington over Masvidal. Usman didn't have any trouble with Masvidal, and I don't think Colby will either.

I'm taking Moicano over dos Anjos. Too bad Dariush had to pull out, but I'll take Moicano even on the short notice. I haven't been impressed by Dos Anjos since he got stopped by Eddie Alvarez about 6 years ago.

I'm picking Bryce Mitchell over Barboza. It's been a while since Barboza last looked dangerous.

I've got Kevin Holland over Alex Oliveira.

I'm going with Sergey Spivak over Greg Hardy. Spivak just has to push the pace in the first round (maybe grapple a bit) and then Hardy will start to gas, IMO. Then he can start breaking him down.

Interested in watching Khabib's undefeated cousin, Umar. He'll be fighting Brian Kelleher. Can't give an honest prediction on this one since I've never seen Umar fight.

Who do you guys got ?

Hmmmmm

Covington all day every day
I will actually say Dos Anjos...155 is a much better weight for his structure
I will Barboza...little long in the tooth but i am not impressed with Mitchell fight IQ
Not a Holland fan but this fight is hand picked for him
Spivak...agree Hardy will gas, get beat and then cut from UFC (Finally)

I took masvidal only because of the good odds.. hes probably gonna get beat..lol. should be decent fight, they use to be buddies and alot of bad blood

I hope to see Covington get his jaw broke again but I doubt it’s gonna happen. I see Covington using his wrestling to keep masvidal down and wearing him out then possibly choking him out.

I hope to see Covington get his jaw broke again but I doubt it’s gonna happen. I see Covington using his wrestling to keep masvidal down and wearing him out then possibly choking him out.
That's a possibility as well. If masvidal wins its going to be because he caught Covington with a punch that drops him

That's a possibility as well. If masvidal wins its going to be because he caught Covington with a punch that drops him
Yeah, Masvidal's best chance is to catch Colby with something. Otherwise, I don't see him getting the 'W'

However, Colby took Usman's best shots in their rematch and kept coming forward, so it'll have to be something big, IMO.

Well...
Covington did exactly what i thought he would. I thought he would get a sub but never really close
Dos Anjos looked good...to bad Islam said no to the fight
Mitchell looked WAY better than i thought he was
Still not a Holland fan...he does not have championship potential
Spivakn looked great, Hardy looked unskilled

Colby looked great. Best 170 lber in the UFC, IMO. (Haven't seen enough of Khamzat to rate him the best).
Mitchell did look great. Talks a bit like an inbred, but did great :sneaky: Gonna keep my eye on this kid.
Holland didn't look too impressive leading up to the finish. I agree, not a future champ.
Spivak made even easier work of Hardy than i thought he would.
Plus, Umar Nurmagamedov looked very impressive.

Colby looked great. Best 170 lber in the UFC, IMO. (Haven't seen enough of Khamzat to rate him the best).
Mitchell did look great. Talks a bit like an inbred, but did great :sneaky: Gonna keep my eye on this kid.
Holland didn't look too impressive leading up to the finish. I agree, not a future champ.
Spivak made even easier work of Hardy than i thought he would.
Plus, Umar Nurmagamedov looked very impressive.
170 is a weak division imo. Thats why usman has such a good record. Sean brady is another guy to watch he should be top 5 soon enough

170 is a weak division imo. Thats why usman has such a good record. Sean brady is another guy to watch he should be top 5 soon enough
You're right, its not the strongest division right now, but with Khamzat and Islam its starting to get a little interesting.

I'm not too interested in Belal Mohammed, Leon Edwards didn't look too impressive against Masvidal, Wonderboy hasn't been able to bring up his takedown defense (or his ability to get back up when taken down),and with Ponzinibbio losing 2 of his last 3 he's lost his level of threat to the division.

But Khamzat and Islam pose possible threats to Usman - and Vicente Luque might be able to make things interesting. I guess time will tell.