UFC 271 - Adesanya vs Whittaker

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Kind of late with this one, but who do you guys got?

As much as I'm wanting Whittaker to pull off the win, I feel Adesanya is going to take this one. I don't think it will be as one-sided as their first fight, but I think he'll come out on top.

I'm leaning toward Lewis over Tuivasa on the co-main. It could be a barnburner or it could be a snoozer - depending on whether they respect the other guy's power too much.

I've got Cannonier over Brunson, but honestly I'm on the fence with this one. I'd like to see Brunson get the 'W' and then get a title shot before he retires.

The Hernandez-Moicano fight is interesting. I'm on the fence with this one too, but going with Moicano simply because of the higher level of competition he's faced.

Finally, I'm going with Bobby Green over Haqparast. Another one that I'm on the fence with.

Most of the fights in this main card could go either way.

* P.s I'd love to see Arlovski get the win tonight, just for nostalgia's sake. I still remember 15 or 16 years ago when he was champ, so just the fact that he's still fighting is crazy.

Who do you guys got?

Kind of late with this one, but who do you guys got?

As much as I'm wanting Whittaker to pull off the win, I feel Adesanya is going to take this one. I don't think it will be as one-sided as their first fight, but I think he'll come out on top.

I'm leaning toward Lewis over Tuivasa on the co-main. It could be a barnburner or it could be a snoozer - depending on whether they respect the other guy's power too much.

I've got Cannonier over Brunson, but honestly I'm on the fence with this one. I'd like to see Brunson get the 'W' and then get a title shot before he retires.

The Hernandez-Moicano fight is interesting. I'm on the fence with this one too, but going with Moicano simply because of the higher level of competition he's faced.

Finally, I'm going with Bobby Green over Haqparast. Another one that I'm on the fence with.

Most of the fights in this main card could go either way.

* P.s I'd love to see Arlovski get the win tonight, just for nostalgia's sake. I still remember 15 or 16 years ago when he was champ, so just the fact that he's still fighting is crazy.

Who do you guys got?
I’d love to see Bobby Knuckles KO that fucking clown. But I think his strategy will be takedowns and ground and pound. I hope he comes through but it won’t be easy.

Whittaker - only because he’s one of my favs

Lewis - The least tactical fight of the night. Tuivasa got no chin

Cannonier - just got more tools

Hernandez

Green - What would be happy if he lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be some good fights .. I would like to see Whittaker win , he’s just a likeable guy but don’t think he will … I’ll take Lewis for the KO

I took Adesanya, Green and Cannonier for the win and Lewis by KO. Pays around 6 to 1

Hmmm...i was way off.

Green - whatever...a good gate keeper but can't beat to 10 guys
Hernandez - did not show much
Cannonier will get destroyed in a title shot
Tai - Happy for him..he is fun. If Lewis can't land the one big shot he gets owned
Adasanya - Played it safe and showed nothing. a few leg kicks. He won the fight due to control but just does not impress me....and he is a disrespectful dink.

Hmmm...i was way off.

Tai - Happy for him..he is fun. If Lewis can't land the one big shot he gets owned
Adasanya - Played it safe and showed nothing. a few leg kicks. He won the fight due to control but just does not impress me....and he is a disrespectful dink.
What did you think of the scorecards in the main? I don't think Whit got more than one round, close though I guess. That was the only bout I was able to see I heard Bisping mention some judging controversy from an earlier fight, do you know which one?

EDIT - I worded that very poorly, what I was wondering is do you think it was super close IOW could have gone either way?

Last edited:
What did you think of the scorecards in the main? I don't think Whit got more than one round, close though I guess. That was the only bout I was able to see I heard Bisping mention some judging controversy from an earlier fight, do you know which one?

EDIT - I worded that very poorly, what I was wondering is do you think it was super close IOW could have gone either way?
I actually think two of the judges got it correct 3 rounds to 2 ... I also gave Whittaker the last 2 rounds. Adesanya clearly won...he just played it safe and did just enough without taking any chances to push the attack.

Bisping was referring to the Strictland fight the previous week. He clearly won the fight...two judges scored it 4 rounds to one (which giving one round to Hermanson is a gift) BUT one judge scored the fight 3-2 Hermanson.

I gave Whittaker 2, 4, and 5. I had him winning 48-47 - but calling it 48-47 Adesanya would be completely understandable too, IMO.

IMO, Bisping was so completely biased (or blind in his one good eye) in his commentary that I was actually getting angry listening to him.

But yeah, personally I had Whittaker taking a close decision.

Forgot to say, I think the scoring that Bisping was referring to was the Madaferri fight. She clearly lost the fight, but one of the judges had her winning. Horrible scoring there.

Hmmm...i was way off.

I was happy to see Tai win as well. I knew he could hurt Lewis, but I honestly expected him to get KO'd before that happened.

Cannonier will get destroyed against Adesanya, IMO.

And yes, Adesanya is a massive prick. I felt the fight was 48-47 either way, though I lean more towards Whittaker getting the decision (but I could be biased). However, as far as post-fight class, Whittaker wins by a shut out. Adesanya was still a dick in the post fight presser. I think he confuses immature pride with being 'confident', yet one can be confident while remaining humble.

Finally, I think the commentary in the main event was terrible. Cormier was going back and forth contradicting himself, and Bisping was speaking as if he was watching a whole different fight from the one taking place. If you listened to the audio only, without watching it, you'd think Adesanya was piecing Whittaker up the entire fight. But, IMO, after the 1st round Adesanya didn't do a whole lot of anything.

However, the previous words are not necessarily the opinions of Canadian Brawn, just the rantings of semi-Lunatic :sneaky:

The problem with fighters doing commentary is that they are either biased to their style...e.g Bisping has no real appreciation for grappling or they are biased towards certain camps. Bring back Joe.