UFC 270 - Ngannou vs Gane

I agree, a fight between Miocic and Gane would be a hard one for Miocic, especially with Miocic about to turn 40 this summer. I think his best days are behind him. I haven't seen enough of Gane (especially enough of his being really tested) to label him a HW version of Jones yet, but that could well be the case in the future. He definitely has both skill and natural athleticism.

Who knows, with Ngannou consistently improving his skill set, and Gane's already existing skill set, and both of their physical giftings ... this could end up being a trilogy to look forward to.
I meant Gane being A HW jones as in stylistically. I wouldn‘t say Gane is as dominant and great the way Jones is as a fighter. Gane just reminds me of Jones‘ style but in a much bigger dude. Especiallh the way he throws knees, elbows and front kicks.

I'm impressed with Ngannou's cardio and ground game. Apparently he tore his ACL and MCL in training (hence the knee sleeves). Not a bad performance at all for having 2 jacked knees.
Son was around so ended up ordering the card....sometimes its best when you have low expectations because i was pleased with the whole card.

Fight #1 - they both need polish and refinement...nice KO but not main card worthy
Fight #2 - the non Khabib LOL - very nice no arm in, elbow high guillotine. Want to see more of him
Fight #3 - Pereira looked great. tons of angles, variety, cardio and didn't get stupid until the last 20 seconds. really improving. and big for 170
Fight #4 - Moreno really looked one dimensional...just a boxer. Figuereido put the Brazilian macho ego aside and showed fight IQ. Great fight...and i hate 5 round fights that go the distance...too long for my ADHD. Figuereido will win fight 4 as well.
Fightg #5 - totally impressed. not sure who he can fight next. No one in the top 5 should be able to touch him. This version would destroy a smaller Jon Jones. Gane showed me very little as a true challenger...other than a great athlete

Son was around so ended up ordering the card....sometimes its best when you have low expectations because i was pleased with the whole card.

Fight #1 - they both need polish and refinement...nice KO but not main card worthy
Fight #2 - the non Khabib LOL - very nice no arm in, elbow high guillotine. Want to see more of him
Fight #3 - Pereira looked great. tons of angles, variety, cardio and didn't get stupid until the last 20 seconds. really improving. and big for 170
Fight #4 - Moreno really looked one dimensional...just a boxer. Figuereido put the Brazilian macho ego aside and showed fight IQ. Great fight...and i hate 5 round fights that go the distance...too long for my ADHD. Figuereido will win fight 4 as well.
Fightg #5 - totally impressed. not sure who he can fight next. No one in the top 5 should be able to touch him. This version would destroy a smaller Jon Jones. Gane showed me very little as a true challenger...other than a great athlete

Yes, the non-Khabib looked very impressive. Hope to see him in there again soon - it was a very short fight, so he should be good to go in a few weeks.

I was also impressed with Pereira. He's got the skills and talent - and now he's showing better fight IQ.

Very happy with the Figueredo fight. It looks like training with Cejudo's camp - and having them in the corner to keep him grounded and focused - paid off.

Francis keeps improving. He's in the post-fight presser he said he plans to wait out a year until his contrtact expires, and then move on. So this possibly could have been his last fight in the UFC.

It's interesting how Dana White refused to wrap the belt around Ngannou after the fight and sent someone else in there to do it - plus he boycotted the post-fight prresser. I'm sure he'll have some excuse/reason why.

Also, the Matt Frevola - Genaro Valdez was a crazy fight. FOTN in my opinion. But it was the first fight on the prelims, so sadly I'm sure a lot of people missed it.

...he said he plans to wait out a year until his contrtact expires, and then move on. So this possibly could have been his last fight in the UFC.

Hmm, I didn't think it worked like that.

And yeah he impressed with new tools. Cardio did look good too despite the fact that I was thinking he was starting to look gassed already mid rd 2. Seemed like he held steady at that level for the whole fight though, good on him.

Hmm, I didn't think it worked like that.

And yeah he impressed with new tools. Cardio did look good too despite the fact that I was thinking he was starting to look gassed already mid rd 2. Seemed like he held steady at that level for the whole fight though, good on him.
Yeah, I didn't realize it worked like that either. He mentioned he was planning to wait the 1 year obligation without fighting, and then move on. He stated that he generally only fights once a year nowadays anyway, so going a year without fighting would be no problem.

Plus - now that i think about it - if he really did tear his MCL in one knee and ACL in the other knee, he'd need to be off for a while anyways. So if his contract truly works like that, its no big deal for him I guess :rolleyes:

I don't think its as easy as wait a year. My understanding is that all Champions have a "one more fight" clause that says if contracts ends and you are the champion the contract extends for one more fight. This is done so that you don't just win and leave to another organization. He can choose to not fight but once he wants to fight again anywhere he owes UFC one more fight. So essentially he fights for them or nowhere.

I don't think its as easy as wait a year. My understanding is that all Champions have a "one more fight" clause that says if contracts ends and you are the champion the contract extends for one more fight. This is done so that you don't just win and leave to another organization. He can choose to not fight but once he wants to fight again anywhere he owes UFC one more fight. So essentially he fights for them or nowhere.
I honestly wouldn't know, I was just repeating what Ngannou was saying in the post-fight presser. He may well be getting incorrect info from his manager. It seems a little too easy of a solution to the clause, but who knows.

Personally I'd like to see him fight Fury. Not because I think the fight would even be anything close to competitive, but just because I'd like to see him get that one big payday.