UFC 269 - Poirier vs Oliveira

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Got a good card coming up this Saturday. Who's got who?

I'm going to be rooting for Oliveira in the main event. In my gut, I feel Poirier will probably take it - but I'm not a fan of his, and will be rooting for Oliveira.

No question, I'm going with Amanda Nunes over Pena. I don't think the fight will last the full 5 rounds - I expect a KO in this one.

The Geoff Neal - Ponzinibbio fight is a hard one to call. Before Ponzinibbio got KO'd by Jingliang, I'd have picked him no questions asked. Now, I'm not as confident. Neal has some power (8 of his last 10 wins have been by KO). However, I feel Ponzinibbio is the more likely of the two to pull it off - but it could easily go the other way.

With the Garbrandt - Kai Kara France fight, that's another hard one to choose. Garbrandt should win it - but lately he's been just a shadow of the fighter he was pre-Dillashaw. Plus, it's Garbrandt's first fight at 125, so I have no idea if he'll be more or less effective at this weight. I'll probably go with Garbrandt, but this one also could go either way.

I'm going with O'Malley over Paiva. I'd love to see O'Malley get KO'd or subbed, but I don't see it happening. I see O'Malley winning by decision or KO (depending on how good Paiva's chin is).

I'm picking Pedro Munhoz to defeat Cruz - although Munhoz hasn't been looking too hot his last few times out. But I'd love to see Cruz flattened. He's simply just a little prick, nothing more. It'd do him good to get put to sleep :sneaky:

The Tuivasa - Sakai fight could go either way. Either one of them could end it at anytime. Plus every time (except once) that Tuivasa has gone into the 2nd round, he's lost the fight. So if Sakai can weather the early storm, he could take it. That being said, I'm going with Tuivasa for the KO - and him drinking a shoey from Cormier's shoes, heheheh.

Who do you guys have?

Poirier
Hall
Nunes
Garbrandt
O'Malley

I forgot to put a pick in for the Ryan Hall fight - thanks for reminding me.

I'm going with Hall - but that's going to be a serious grappling match! 2 submission experts going at it. But who knows, maybe it'll end up being a stand-up war :oops:

I forgot to put a pick in for the Ryan Hall fight - thanks for reminding me.

I'm going with Hall - but that's going to be a serious grappling match! 2 submission experts going at it. But who knows, maybe it'll end up being a stand-up war :oops:
I always liked Hall, even before he was known. A few of my buddies trained with him before the ufc. Watch for that heel hook..haha

Got a good card coming up this Saturday. Who's got who?

I'm going to be rooting for Oliveira in the main event. In my gut, I feel Poirier will probably take it - but I'm not a fan of his, and will be rooting for Oliveira.

No question, I'm going with Amanda Nunes over Pena. I don't think the fight will last the full 5 rounds - I expect a KO in this one.

The Geoff Neal - Ponzinibbio fight is a hard one to call. Before Ponzinibbio got KO'd by Jingliang, I'd have picked him no questions asked. Now, I'm not as confident. Neal has some power (8 of his last 10 wins have been by KO). However, I feel Ponzinibbio is the more likely of the two to pull it off - but it could easily go the other way.

With the Garbrandt - Kai Kara France fight, that's another hard one to choose. Garbrandt should win it - but lately he's been just a shadow of the fighter he was pre-Dillashaw. Plus, it's Garbrandt's first fight at 125, so I have no idea if he'll be more or less effective at this weight. I'll probably go with Garbrandt, but this one also could go either way.

I'm going with O'Malley over Paiva. I'd love to see O'Malley get KO'd or subbed, but I don't see it happening. I see O'Malley winning by decision or KO (depending on how good Paiva's chin is).

I'm picking Pedro Munhoz to defeat Cruz - although Munhoz hasn't been looking too hot his last few times out. But I'd love to see Cruz flattened. He's simply just a little prick, nothing more. It'd do him good to get put to sleep :sneaky:

The Tuivasa - Sakai fight could go either way. Either one of them could end it at anytime. Plus every time (except once) that Tuivasa has gone into the 2nd round, he's lost the fight. So if Sakai can weather the early storm, he could take it. That being said, I'm going with Tuivasa for the KO - and him drinking a shoey from Cormier's shoes, heheheh.

Who do you guys have?
I have stopped watching a lot of the UFC events because so many of my favorite fighters stopped fighting / retired but I have always been a fan or Poirier. I always felt Oliveira was weak but his record indicates otherwise. I won't be watching many of these fights but I will be watching this one and expect Poirier to win.

I am not sexist but unless the women are nude, I really don't like watching them in a ring. There are a few exceptions - I love Judo so I was a fan of Rousey. Its hard not to like anyone who can punch like a truck and I have to include Nunes in that class. If she ever ran into the average street fighter (men), she would knock them on their ass in 10 seconds. I love her fights and am a fan. No questions I expect her to win.

For the rest of the fights the only guy I like watching is Garbrandt - he was the newest and best thing for a while and is still an impressive fighter. Hope he pulls it off.

I'm a fan of both Olivera and Poirier but Olivera always falls short so I'd go with Poirier. Can't bet against Nunes as she is a beast.

I have stopped watching a lot of the UFC events because so many of my favorite fighters stopped fighting / retired but I have always been a fan or Poirier. I always felt Oliveira was weak but his record indicates otherwise. I won't be watching many of these fights but I will be watching this one and expect Poirier to win.

I am not sexist but unless the women are nude, I really don't like watching them in a ring. There are a few exceptions - I love Judo so I was a fan of Rousey. Its hard not to like anyone who can punch like a truck and I have to include Nunes in that class. If she ever ran into the average street fighter (men), she would knock them on their ass in 10 seconds. I love her fights and am a fan. No questions I expect her to win.

For the rest of the fights the only guy I like watching is Garbrandt - he was the newest and best thing for a while and is still an impressive fighter. Hope he pulls it off.
Nunes is incredible… Shevchenko is another woman that’s a complete master of her craft

@Bolton73 i think you are pretty accurate at this one.

My heart is also with Oliveira but i think Poirier will win. Will be a good fight
Nunes wins in a tight fight....she will get pushed
Ponzinibbio has more tools than Neal
Kara France....Cody been in too many wars in and out of gym. if he sticks to his boxing and not slug he got a chance but is fight IQ is not that high
Paiva....same as you i will not give the nod to O'Malley...he will get exposed sooner or later as he moves into top 10

And yes Ryan Hall will win this one by heal hook.

@Bolton73 i think you are pretty accurate at this one.

My heart is also with Oliveira but i think Poirier will win. Will be a good fight
Nunes wins in a tight fight....she will get pushed
Ponzinibbio has more tools than Neal
Kara France....Cody been in too many wars in and out of gym. if he sticks to his boxing and not slug he got a chance but is fight IQ is not that high
Paiva....same as you i will not give the nod to O'Malley...he will get exposed sooner or later as he moves into top 10

And yes Ryan Hall will win this one by heal hook.
I'm actually pretty excited to see the Ryan Hall fight. It should be a crazy grappling match.

We all know Hall's BJJ skills. But his opponent, I don't know much about him - except that 22 of his 26 wins have come by sub. Saying that, the only fight I've seen him in, he got subbed himself. And I can't really speak on the level of competition that all his subs came from. Its on the prelims, so hopefully I get the Christmas lights up in time to watch this one :sneaky:

I'm actually pretty excited to see the Ryan Hall fight. It should be a crazy grappling match.

We all know Hall's BJJ skills. But his opponent, I don't know much about him - except that 22 of his 26 wins have come by sub. Saying that, the only fight I've seen him in, he got subbed himself. And I can't really speak on the level of competition that all his subs came from. Its on the prelims, so hopefully I get the Christmas lights up in time to watch this one :sneaky:
Problem is that all his loses are by submission as well. Majority of his fights are in these unknown organizations. The odds on him submitting hall are 13 to 1 if that means anything..lol

Didn't get my way with the co-main, but seeing Oliveira stopping Poirier took most of the pain away. BJJ and striking is a dangerous combination. If he could up his wrestling game a bit, he'd be scary ... I should say scarier than he already is.

It could me me being biased, but I see Amanda coming back and reclaiming her belt - unless making that 135 is a problem.