UFC 267 - Blachovicz vs Teixeira

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Who do you guys got on the fights tomorrow?

I've got Blachovicz over Teixeira, but that's a hard one to make a choice on.

I'm picking Yan over Sandhagen. IMO, Yan is still the champ - Sterling is just a joker.

I've definitely got Makachev over Hooker. I don't think Hooker's takedown defense will hold up, but we'll see tomorrow night.

I'm going with Khamzat over Jingliang. This one could be a barnburner. Short and fast ... but a barnburner.

I'm picking Amanda Ribas over Jandiroba - simply because Ribas is so damn cute :sneaky:

I'm not too interested in the Volkov - Tybura fight, so I won't bother making a pick on that one.

Who do you guys got?

When Teixeira is ranked number 1 contender you know the LHW is a mess and yes I know he is on a 5 fight win streak. The LHW was my favorite weight class before - some had the power of a HW and could fight in HW if they wanted to and still had incredible speed. When Teixeira first came out there was a lot of bluster and I could see why. He was big and his ground game was as good as his hands and then I saw his weakness - his chin.

This weight class, much to my sadness, has lost so many incredible guys. It had the best fighter P4P of all time Jon Jones. Wish he could have kept his nose clean and moved up to HW too. He was even calling out Brock Lesnar but then Lesnar tested positive for steroids lol - no surprise. I'm getting off track but before he became scared to lose, he finished fights in spectacular fashion. I will never forget the announcers say this poor kid fighting Bonnar and Jones made Bonnar look like a guy who shouldn't have been in the ring with him.

I will be honest, I don't care who wins between Teixera and Blachovicz but I will still watch the match.

When Teixeira is ranked number 1 contender you know the LHW is a mess and yes I know he is on a 5 fight win streak. The LHW was my favorite weight class before - some had the power of a HW and could fight in HW if they wanted to and still had incredible speed. When Teixeira first came out there was a lot of bluster and I could see why. He was big and his ground game was as good as his hands and then I saw his weakness - his chin.

This weight class, much to my sadness, has lost so many incredible guys. It had the best fighter P4P of all time Jon Jones. Wish he could have kept his nose clean and moved up to HW too. He was even calling out Brock Lesnar but then Lesnar tested positive for steroids lol - no surprise. I'm getting off track but before he became scared to lose, he finished fights in spectacular fashion. I will never forget the announcers say this poor kid fighting Bonnar and Jones made Bonnar look like a guy who shouldn't have been in the ring with him.

I will be honest, I don't care who wins between Teixera and Blachovicz but I will still watch the match.
Yes, the LHW division is not what it was - or could have been if Jones had stayed on the straight and narrow. The one fight I always regret that we never got to see was Jones vs Rumble Johnson. That would've been interesting - but Jones got suspended before that fight took place.

There was some hype over Johnny Walker at the beginning of his UFC run, but that fizzled out; Cormier is retired; Johnson is in Belator along with Corey Anderson. Adesanya showed that he doesn't have the size to compete at 205. There's not much going on in this division. It has the potential to be a great division due to the fact that the size of the fighters allows for KOs at any second, but they're still small enough to have decent cardio and maneuverability.

Nevertheless, there's some good fights on the card. I'm more interested in the Yan, Makachev, and Khamzat fights.

Just a heads up. I just realized the prelims start at 10:30am ET, and the main card starts at 2:00pm ET

The UFC LHW division is officially useless, lol. A 42 year old washed up fighter who looks like a 1980s high school gym coach is champ.

Thought it was a really fun card.

I’m biased, but the first time in a while I saw some decent ground games. Not just brawling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it was a really fun card.

I’m biased, but the first time in a while I saw some decent ground games. Not just brawling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure, it was a great card. Khamzat and Makhachev put on some dominant performances. The Yan-Sandhagen fight was great. Ribas came back from some early adversity.

For me, it just ended on a sour note, because I've always disliked Glover - can't quite put my finger on why that is. It was beautiful watching Rumble Johnson flatline him in 15 seconds, heheheh. It was also enjoyable watching Corey Anderson and Phil Davis manhandle him; or Jon Jones break him down round after round; or Gustaffson knock him out ...

I know, I'm being a bit of a hater :sneaky:

I am big fan of Makhachev. Good to see guys that can fight on his feet and go to the ground like the old GSP days

Yes. He's gonna be a handful for any of the other top lightweights. It'll be interesting to see if he gets a title shot after this. Maybe he fights the winner of Poirier-Oliveira, or Chandler-Gaethje. Personally, I'd like to see him fight Chandler. That'd be an interesting matchup.