UFC 266 - Volkanovski vs Ortega

Bolton73

Trusted Member
What's your picks for the upcoming card?

I've got:

Volkanovski over Ortega.

Shevchenko over Murphy (no-brainer)

Lawler over Diaz

Blaydes over Rozenstruik - unless Blaydes' chin gets touched, heheheh

Andrade over Calvillo

Hooker over Haqpurast

Dvalishili over Moraes. Moraes hasn't been the same since Cejudo broke him.

I agree 100% with those picks

Real dick move that Diaz refused to cut weight. I liked both back in the day but i will cheer for Lawler. He should have at least made him come down to 180
I agree. The first thing i thought was that it was a dirty maneuver on Diaz' part. Hope Lawler KOs him.

Fun Card. 5-0 for the second straight UFC PPV!

Happy for Lawler...TKOing Nick was great

Volkanovski is a machine...both are great guys so would have been happy for either. Beautiful technical submission attempts....would have loved for one of those to have been pulled off

sick of heavyweight fights...the technical competency is just not there....Rozenstruik has ZERO knowledge of the ground basics.

Volkanovski is a machine...both are great guys so would have been happy for either. Beautiful technical submission attempts....would have loved for one of those to have been pulled off

sick of heavyweight fights...the technical competency is just not there....Rozenstruik has ZERO knowledge of the ground basics.

It was great to see Diaz get KO'd. He basically just gave up. I've never liked that guy, so it was beautiful to see him punk out and break so easily.

Man, that Dvalishili-Moraes fight was crazy. What a comeback.

You're right, Volkanovski is a machine - but I still say Holloway won their second fight hehehe - but I'm pretty biased since I'm a "Blessed" fan.

And yes, there are too many top 10 heavyweights that can't even be classified as "Mixed" Martial Artists. Skill wise, its definitely the weakest division.

You didn't enjoy the slow-mo jaw shift and flying saliva of the heavyweight fight?

You didn't enjoy the slow-mo jaw shift and flying saliva of the heavyweight fight?

Funny but not technical. The guy that won could get down to 205 easy

Actually i would lime them to change heavyweight to 206-225. This would force guys to get in shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Even though Valentina was a no brainer I still love watching her fight. That 3 strike combo ending in a leg kick is money for her - she always throws it in her fights and almost always lands it. Her ground game is great too, that shoulder pressure on Murphy's face just looked nasty. I was almost expecting to see another crucifix beat down. I need to make babies with her.

I'm still amazed by Dvalishili's comeback in the first round. His conditioning must be crazy to be able to comeback that quickly and that strong after almost being KO'd.

I feel for Moraes. Must be hard to come so close to a W, and then to lose so devastatingly. Especially when he's been on a skid for a while.