UFC 263 - Adesanya vs Vettori

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Hey boys, UFC 263 is coming up this weekend, and the card looks decent.

• I've got Adesanya over Vettori - but who knows how Adesanya comes back after his first loss, and what happens if Vettori is able to take Adesanya down like Blochovicz did.

• I've got Figueredo over Moreno in their rematch.

• I've definitely got Edwards over Nate Diaz. I think his striking will be too good for Diaz (like Diaz' fight against Masvidal).

• I've got Jamahal Hill over Paul Craig. Hill's been a beast lately.

• I've got Belal over Damian Maia.

• I've got Anders over Stewart in their rematch (Anders was piecing Stewart up in their last fight before the illegal knee).

• And I got Drew Dober over Brad Riddell.

Who do you got?

Adesanya all the way his foot work is so good can’t wrestle someone that you can’t catch ya he got beat up last fight but I think it’s cus he beleived his own hype and jumped up a weight class and was just so undersized. There’s weight classes for a reason forsure

• I've got Adesanya over Vettori - but who knows how Adesanya comes back after his first loss, and what happens if Vettori is able to take Adesanya down like Blochovicz did.

• I've definitely got Edwards over Nate Diaz. I think his striking will be too good for Diaz (like Diaz' fight against Masvidal).

• I've got Anders over Stewart in their rematch (Anders was piecing Stewart up in their last fight before the illegal knee).

Who do you got?
Edwards and Nate Diaz I like Nate so I’ll pick him I also like Demian Maia but he’s to old not the same as he was so I’d say Belal these other guys I don’t even know who they are

Adesanya all the way his foot work is so good can’t wrestle someone that you can’t catch ya he got beat up last fight but I think it’s cus he beleived his own hype and jumped up a weight class and was just so undersized. There’s weight classes for a reason forsure

I agree. Adesanya needs to fill out more before he goes up and fights the bigger boys. He was noticeably too small in that fight - and not strong enough.

I agree. Adesanya needs to fill out more before he goes up and fights the bigger boys. He was noticeably too small in that fight - and not strong enough.
He’s definitely the better fighter but ya to small he just got fuckin manhandled he probly walks at 190 maybe 195 I don’t think he cuts much he could probly squeeze 170. He was fighting a guy that walks at 230 240 and cuts from probly 220 maybe 225 actually.....retarded

Who do you got?
can't argue with any of those picks.
Nate needs to pick opponents better...could not be a worse match up for him.
I am also very sad for Maia, probably the greatest jiu jitsu fighter in the UFC ever but at 43 way past his prime. Hate when UFC match legends up against young lions, its not right.

can't argue with any of those picks.
Nate needs to pick opponents better...could not be a worse match up for him.
I am also very sad for Maia, probably the greatest jiu jitsu fighter in the UFC ever but at 43 way past his prime. Hate when UFC match legends up against young lions, its not right.

I agree. I get what they're doing; they're trying to take the legend's clout and cash in on it, by transferring to the young fighter - so that they can market them even more. But IMO these legend's deserve their respect.

Many people talk about how Dana and the Fertita brothers saved the UFC. While its true, its also these legends who gave the actual entertainment and made the UFC what it is today.

It'd be beautiful to see Maia pull off the upset ... and then retire. Who knows, it could happen if Belal plays around too long in Maia's guard.

I agree. I get what they're doing; they're trying to take the legend's clout and cash in on it, by transferring to the young fighter - so that they can market them even more. But IMO these legend's deserve their respect.

Many people talk about how Dana and the Fertita brothers saved the UFC. While its true, its also these legends who gave the actual entertainment and made the UFC what it is today.

It'd be beautiful to see Maia pull off the upset ... and then retire. Who knows, it could happen if Belal plays around too long in Maia's guard.
Don’t rule out Damien Maia bro:....:.if Belal ends up in a ground scramble with him out of ego.......and he can strike to this so what’s so dope about mma upsets happen all the time it’s not boxing so much stuff going on can end so fast.

Who do you got?
that was a solid card!
Adesanya - won every round but not by much. He was very conservative doing just enough to win each round...played it safe
Moreno - looked so much faster in striking and grappling. nice win
Diaz - love him but what a hard way to make a living
Craig - always solid on the ground
Maia - love him but age hurts...great for a round but the body just can't recover between rounds... 6hr 37 minutes of total ring time - WOW
PS Belal did not look like a top 5 fighter....should have been able to put a hurting on Maia the way Burns did .

Until next time...

that was a solid card!
Adesanya - won every round but not by much. He was very conservative doing just enough to win each round...played it safe
Maia - love him but age hurts...great for a round but the body just can't recover between rounds... 6hr 37 minutes of total ring time - WOW
PS Belal did not look like a top 5 fighter....should have been able to put a hurting on Maia the way Burns did .

Until next time...
I agree. Adesanya did just enough to win. He definitely didn't look 'spectacular', just simply 'better.'

Apparently Figueredo had to wait until the last minute in order to make the weight. He definitely didn't look himself - I think the weight cut may have affected him. He's had trouble making the weight in the past, maybe its time he moves up to 135.

Diaz was a step or two behind the whole fight ... until the last minute, heheh. He almost pulled off a crazy comeback. But with the amount of punishment he takes each fight, I hope he's thinking about calling it a day. I'd like to see him enjoy the money he's made.

Leon Edwards looked sharp, but the fact that he got badly rocked by Diaz with one punch causes me concern. Diaz is definitely not a hard puncher. The last time he stopped someone with strikes was 8 years ago when he scored a TKO over Gray Maynard. And with Usman's progression in the striking department, I'm not too sure what happens if Usman catches Edwards clean.

I hope Maia hangs up his gloves. He's had a great career, fought for the title twice, but his best days are definitely behind him. There's really no chance of him ever becoming champ at this stage. And against more skillful strikers, he's just going to be taking unnecessary damage.

And yes, Belal definitely didn't look like a top 5 fighter. The top 170 fighters would've ended the night for Maia.

that was a solid card!

Until next time...
Should have but its Damian maia I don’t care if he’s 43 still got it clearly winning against ranked guys 🔥🔥🔥