UFC 259 - Adesanya-Blachowicz

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Its been a while since we’ve really looked at an upcoming UFC event. It used to happen a lot more often – even more so back on NM.

So we’ve got UFC 259 coming up, with 4 champs fighting in 3 title fights.

Adesdanya looks to be the favorite, but I’m hoping the Polish Power connects to the jaw and puts Izzy out. Do I think that’s going to happen, though? Hard to say. The fact that its taking place in a smaller cage (Apex center) does make it more possible. I’m going with Jan, but I’ll likely be wrong on this one.

I def got Nunes over Anderson. Of course, on any given Sunday anything can happen. But I feel Nunes will likely stop her before it gets to the 5th round.

Yan and Sterling is a hard one. Before the Yan-Aldo fight, I’d definitely have chosen Yan. But in that fight he didn’t look to impressive against a faded Aldo (even though he stopped Aldo). I’ll probably still go with Yan, but I’m not too sure about that pick.

I’m also going with Machachev, Cruz, and Thiago Santos. BTW, the Santos-Rakic fight could be a barn-burner!

What’s your pick?

(Tagged some of the old contributors. Sorry if I missed anyone.)

@gondar1 @Cheapshot @Oldguyjiujitsu @Goldenrod @flexappeal @Funnyman @Cog @Bagua

You are correct. We need to get back to some of the fun threads

Here are my picks:

Rakic subs Santos rd2
Machachev Decision Dober
Yan TkO Sterling RD3
Nunes ko Anderson rd1
Blachowhicz ko Adasanya rd4

Adasanya prediction Is betting purely with my heart. The primary reason I’m going to lay down the money for this PPV is the hope of seeing him get KO’d

Ok people who ya got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adesanya 1st rnd Ko
Nunes 1st rnd ko
Makhacchev by decision
Yan by decision
Rakic round 2 ko
Askarov decision

Im not touching that cruz fight.. to close to call imo..lol

Last edited:
Love threads like this! Wife and I have been looking forward to this card for weeks. Here are my pics:

Adesanya (Decision)
Nunes (Decision)
Sterling (RD2 K.O.)
Makhachev (Decision)
Rakic (R1 K.O)

I'm worried that Adesanya is going to play it really safe and make this one a snooze fest. Hopefully I am wrong

Love threads like this! Wife and I have been looking forward to this card for weeks. Here are my pics:

Adesanya (Decision)
Nunes (Decision)
Sterling (RD2 K.O.)
Makhachev (Decision)
Rakic (R1 K.O)

I'm worried that Adesanya is going to play it really safe and make this one a snooze fest. Hopefully I am wrong
I was wondering the same thing about Adesanya. He may try a repeat performance like he did with Romero. If he does, hopefully Blachowicz can force the action and make Izzy engage.

Just hoping for a good card. How good it is on paper has not been a good indicator of the actual fights for a while now, the weak ones have produced some great fights.

"The following program contains scenes of violence which may be upsetting to some viewers" - I sure as fuck hope so, that's what I came for!

Yan was performing beautifully and would have likely finished him in the 5th. Makes no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently, according to Khabib who was listening to the advice Yan's corner was giving, they had told Yan to throw it. Bad advice, unfortunately.

As for Aljo, he definitely didn't want to continue (even if he had been feeling 100%). He was losing the fight, and it was only getting worse. When being questioned by the ref and doc, his facial expressions and his body language were clearly over-exaggerated - and not even consistent with someone whose just been KO'd. No doubt he was hurt, but he was def playing it up.

To me, the more fair result would've been a NC. Just my opinion though.

Overall not as an exciting card as I was hoping.

Nunes is one bad bitch! Anderson leaves herself too wide open

The Aljo fight was really a disappointment at the end.