TRT & Hormone Optimization on Facebook

Jayz-23

Trusted Member
Does anyone follow the group on facebook called:
TRT & Hormone Optimization

They are big advocates of no Ai usage period / ever ever and using whatever dose to get your free T up high.
I have watched alof of the videos they have made and read quite a few posts there, and find some things pretty informative.
What is your opinion on the group if you follow?

I have watched a bunch of their videos.

It depends on who the 2nd with Dr Steven is. When Dr Gil is on, its good. He is very knowledgable and experienced regarding TRT. I am aligned to most of what he says

HOWEVER when Danny is the guy its terrible...I do not believe he has any credentials, i think he is just some guy on TRT winging opinions based in how he feels and not on Blood work. The majority of his assertions do not match my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With most things here, this is all down to my experience. Estrogen isn't the issue IMHO (For me, YMMV) - it's SHBG that really cuts down on the effectiveness of Testosterone, and by extension (and more importantly) DHT. Sure, some of us are high aromatizers, but a lot of that can be mitigated by good diet and body fat levels... There's not a lot you can do about high SHBG without medical intervention. And that's why I love Aromasin, in very low doses of around 3.5mg/e3d - it helps with both E2 and SHBG. Adex, Femara, and even some of the OTC Anti-aromatases are just too crushing for a moderate dose TRT (IMHO). Reducing prolactin can have as dramatic an effect as reducing Estrogen, depending on your reasons for going on TRT.

I'm a firm believer in keeping Test and Estrogen balanced / high. I feel better when both are on the higher end, but that's not to say there's no side effects. Any time you crush your E2, you're signing up for misery... But I don't believe it should go unchecked. Depending on what your TRT is for, prolactin control can be as important as an AI.

I suppose my takeaway is that a healthy approach to TRT is to have everything on hand, and self monitor as necessary to ensure a healthy prognosis. Every week can be different, and if you're doing it without direct medical supervision / consistent lab work, you should have all your bases covered.

Lol I got banned for having a different opinion than Danny. This was shortly after I declined his friend request. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not a fan of Danny either.

Here is a really good debate by the guys at Viking with Danny. If anyone has the time, its a very good debate in my opinion check it out.

I like their topics and I align with The views of the two doctors they bring on.

Danny is a different story. I don’t believe much of what Danny says and most is contrary to science. Its based on his opinion (uneducated) and not supported by data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk