TRT help

flexappeal

Hey guys my buddy is having issues with his TRT and I was hoping to get some feedback to see if I’m out to lunch or not.

He’s currently a few weeks into prescribe TRT @100ml every 3 weeks 😂 ( I obviously didn’t actually let him do that and have him doing 100/week) Anyways he had to discontinue because he couldn’t sleep, had brain fog and felt “dumb” Even tho my first thought was impossible I thought about it some more and came to the conclusion it’s his estrogen rising. At that dose it seemed unlikely but like we say “everyone react differently.

He had his BW come back before TRT at around 8 or 9 I believe hence why his doc wrote a script. 52 years old maybe 25% BF and around 180 lbs.

I’m sure I have missed info but ask and I’ll do my best to fill it in.

Yes E2 is a possibility

there are a percentage of people who have sleep, anxiety and other issues when their testosterone rises too quickly. If he’s been extremely low for a long period of time, He might have to slowly increase the dosage. Maybe 70mg per week for 6-8 weeks, then 80, 90 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, he jumped the gun by getting off but I can see why he did. I know you nudged him to take 100mg every week as opposed to every 3-weeks, but is three weeks long enough for his body to adjust to exogenous test and at the levels prescribed, or in this case, @flexappeal perscribed? I had similar symptoms to some degree for months (on and off) while we dialed in my doses of both test and ai to get to optimum levels.

I think it may have suited him better to stave the course while he seeks someone who specializes in hormone replacement therapy.

Did you put him on some type of PCT?
What ester test was he taking?
When is his next blood requisition due?
Is he on other meds?

That's such a small dose at his levels. Interested to know what his bloods would have looked like. So many factors at play here. I hope he starts to feel better soon.

What was his estrogen prior to jumping on? 25% BF is quite high.

To me it sounds estrogen related, likely its too high.

Good points. He had tried some Test maybe 5 years ago and had the exact same reactions. Not sure how long he went that time.

I asked about his estrogen but his doc didn’t check that and based on the protocol I’d say he’s far from TRT savvy.

He was prescribed Cyp and isn’t on any other meds.

yup, yup, yup, yup, yup and yup.
Assuming there is not some funky medical issue I especially like something like 3 weeks each at say ?70, 80, 90
Shedding some fat could bring a large increase in quality of life for this guy in a bunch of different ways that you are aware of I'm sure.

Hey guys my buddy is having issues with his TRT and I was hoping to get some feedback to see if I’m out to lunch or not.

He’s currently a few weeks into prescribe TRT @100ml every 3 weeks 😂 ( I obviously didn’t actually let him do that and have him doing 100/week) Anyways he had to discontinue because he couldn’t sleep, had brain fog and felt “dumb” Even tho my first thought was impossible I thought about it some more and came to the conclusion it’s his estrogen rising. At that dose it seemed unlikely but like we say “everyone react differently.

He had his BW come back before TRT at around 8 or 9 I believe hence why his doc wrote a script. 52 years old maybe 25% BF and around 180 lbs.

I’m sure I have missed info but ask and I’ll do my best to fill it in.
Do you have labs.?
🧠 fog can be thyroid issues , theres alot of symptoms that can fool people thinkin they have high e2 and they actually have other issues.

What was his dosing protocol? Once a week? Or twice or 3.

Id most definitely check a full thyroid panel as well as prolactin, i wouldnt be to concerned with Estrogen at 100mg a week unless he has Estrogen dominance , in that case check e2 as well .
Feeling dumb and fog could definitely be another issue to address.

If hes only a few weeks in it also wouldn't even really be leveled out yet.
You have to let you body react and level out to new compounds. If he is prescribed 100 mg every 3 weeks, I would tell him to take 30-35 mg a week. Yes, that is ridiculously low by what most need but I used compounded cream 5 mg a day and that was more than enough.
Most people immediately feel better, morning erections, more desire, energy, etc. but as with all things - get the facts with bloods and make decisions based on the results. Just like some need 400 mg a week, 100 mg a week may be way too much for him.

If he is seeing an endo and the results of the blood is good, then he should be working with an internist to see if there is another issue. Never forget that allergies can completely f up a person. I have to eat so clean as I am allergic to almost every chemical used to treat food for longevity, if it comes from a box I probably won't feel good after eating. It runs in my family - no bread, no milk (goat's milk is fine).
Before I was diagnosed with a shit ton of allergies, I couldn't think straight and see pictures of myself and I had dark circles under my eyes, and was not digesting my food and was losing weight.

Good luck to your friend.

yup, yup, yup, yup, yup and yup.
Assuming there is not some funky medical issue I especially like something like 3 weeks each at say ?70, 80, 90
Shedding some fat could bring a large increase in quality of life for this guy in a bunch of different ways that you are aware of I'm sure.

shedding that fat will have a significant impact on how he feels overall.

Also, he shoul dhave his thyroid check as well.. could be out of whack

the fatter you are the more the body will aromatize exogenous test to estrogen. this is why people who are between 8-12 % body fat will favour more muscle growth than fat when taking peds. instead of adding AI to this, i would get them to drop body fat down quite a bit down to 15 percent and than watch how well the trt works.

now i get it there are people that can't do that and still need trt therapy. they will than just have to take a higher dose and an AI alongside to make sure SHBG, free test and test are in the right parameters.

the fatter you are the more the body will aromatize...
Kinda, yep. Doesn't even need to be exogenous test. Endo test will aromatize more readily around the 18-20% range as well, compared to the 12-15% range. Explains a lot of the positive weight gain feedback cycle (remember, we're all born female, and a bit of extra fat is good for reproduction, afterall). Since you don't "kill" hormonally active fat cells through depleting them, excessive periods of 20+% BF can lead to years of extra aromatization even if you drop the body fat, until you turn the cells over. In theory at least.

OP, the brain fog doesn't really fit my estrogen side effect profile. If anything, the act of increasing T too far can give me some mental side effects. But, you're playing doctor and you've increased the AUC effective dosage of T by a factor of 3, so it's possible. Look for other E side effects, including the tough sex drive talk, tenderness, water retention, etc.

What I'm getting at, is doubling my cruise dose will impact my headspace, for sure. From T alone (let alone the progestogens). Either get labs done, or titrate back to 100mg/e2wk (b.i.m) and re-evaluate or try a very small dose AI, just log everything. Daily "how I feel" logs can do a world of wonders in figuring out patterns in how you feel on meds with multiple week half-lives.

You have to let you body react and level out to new compounds. If he is prescribed 100 mg every 3 weeks, I would tell him to take 30-35 mg a week. Yes, that is ridiculously low by what most need but I used compounded cream 5 mg a day and that was more than enough.
Most people immediately feel better, morning erections, more desire, energy, etc. but as with all things - get the facts with bloods and make decisions based on the results. Just like some need 400 mg a week, 100 mg a week may be way too much for him.

If he is seeing an endo and the results of the blood is good, then he should be working with an internist to see if there is another issue. Never forget that allergies can completely f up a person. I have to eat so clean as I am allergic to almost every chemical used to treat food for longevity, if it comes from a box I probably won't feel good after eating. It runs in my family - no bread, no milk (goat's milk is fine).
Before I was diagnosed with a shit ton of allergies, I couldn't think straight and see pictures of myself and I had dark circles under my eyes, and was not digesting my food and was losing weight.

Good luck to your friend.
I’ve been researching compounded cream for TRT. 200mg/gram appears to be really effective, especially when applied directly to “the boys”. Is this available as a script in Canada? Sorry to highjack. Curious what you used. I’d rather use Cyp than gel , but compounded cream at the right dose is looking good.

I’ve been researching compounded cream for TRT. 200mg/gram appears to be really effective, especially when applied directly to “the boys”. Is this available as a script in Canada? Sorry to highjack. Curious what you used. I’d rather use Cyp than gel , but compounded cream at the right dose is looking good.
Yes, compounded testosterone cream is prescribed by doctors and they don't recommend applying it to your scrotum. It is recommended to be applied to your body areas without much hair.

Doctors currently suggest Androgel (0.016, tm) is to be applied to shoulders, upper back and parts of the abdomen. Basically, anywhere with high/moderate venous bloodflow, with lower exposure to UV, and as Goldenrod said, fewer hair follicles.

Proper topical HRT is available through Rx in all provinces, but get a good endo workup first (and multiple times, too) before you get into it. Topical suspensions will do little when compared to IM T-E, T-C, or T-D/U. I'm not a big believer in the topical solutions, personally. Never saw a huge difference, even when adding DMSO. That's my personal experience, though.

Unrelated: I remember when topical test was Rx'd to the "junk" because "well, the boys make it there" how far we've all come!

Side effects at 100mg/w of test???
Must be gods way of saying he’s going the wrong way.
Give him a bra and some estrogen instead and call it a day. 😂
Wish I could be more help Flexy but other than cutting the dose in half? I got nothin.
Hope he figures it out.

I've literally had a 10 min chat with him about starting again at a lower dose and slowly work up. That convo got sidetracked with him saying this other buddy of his is getting him some growth?? I doubt this other guy has the same access that I do, not that I think GH is the solution but he is muddying the water :mad: