TRT and sleep Issues/lethargy

I should point out because I may not have made that clear. At 90mg a week the lethargy and sleep issues are gone. It was at higher doses that it was a problem. But now the issue is that I’ve been experiencing anxiety and lack of confidence. So I want to up it again but I’m a bit concerned that the lethargy and sleep issues will come back.
You have to remember that it takes time to equal out from doses, you felt good at 90 because maybe you still had 120 130 in your blood on tge way down from 150. Then all of a sudden you only have 90 and wtf... lol

I’ve attached more of my blood work. My thyroid, cortisol and estrodial are attached.

Attachments

• 1A38B1AE-2EA1-4972-A692-4458BCF87941.jpeg
    1A38B1AE-2EA1-4972-A692-4458BCF87941.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 13
You have to remember that it takes time to equal out from doses, you felt good at 90 because maybe you still had 120 130 in your blood on tge way down from 150. Then all of a sudden you only have 90 and wtf... lol

I was thinking of spending another month or two on 90mg. And then increase it after that to be sure that I’m fully at 90mg first.

I’ve attached more of my blood work. My thyroid, cortisol and estrodial are attached.

If I can weigh in. The reason, I suspect, that your lethargy and sleep issues resolved at 90 was because your estrogen fell into a more naturally balanced state. You now have anxiety because your test to E2 ratio is out of balance. Your total test is only 12.9, and your E2 is 102. In my opinion, your TT is far too low relative to your E2. This could be an adjustment period sort of thing, but it seems low to me. Even on trt I would want my tt to be sitting around 18-20. I try to keep my E2 around 80. As Oldguyjiujitsu pointed out, too little test may result in too little estrogen.

On a lower dose of test I have had it come back just over 100, and I had been having E2 issues. On lower doses of test I notice E2 symptoms more so than when I'm on a higher dose. That is, there is usually much more room for variability when my test is higher, and an AI can be used without issue. At a lower dose even small amounts of aromasin hammer my estrogen.

If you weren't using an AI, it's no wonder you were lethargic and sleepy. 47 TT is way too high, imo. Based on my own experience that would put your FT near 1100.

E2 mgnt is a pain in the ass, period.

Hey Bowser, just wondering if you have an update on this, as I'm going through something similar. Thx

Hey there... my trt is going well. No lethargy or sleep issues. It was just a matter of accepting the reality that my dose was too high for me to handle. I'm now feeling good and cruising on 75mg of test cyp a week.

After the hgh thread and sleep I looked into some sleep studies and exogenous testosterone use. There are some out there, albeit, healthy men over 60- sleep is reduced and impacted by exogenous testosterone use. Type it into google “exogenous testosterone and sleep study” plenty of them on there that’ll show the negative impact it has on sleep.

Do you pin at night or in the morning?
I know if I pin at night, I wake up at 3 am wired and can’t sleep, then like you tired during the day.
If I pin in the morning then I’m fine.
Pin your trt 2 times a week.
125 mg per week, I found to be perfect.

Also sometimes you need to allow your body to adjust for a couple of weeks.

I’m sensitive to the effects as well.

When I go on cycle, I usually take a few weeks to ramp it up or I feel like crap. Even something like primo, I’ll have hot flashes for a couple of weeks until my body adjusts.

Also I can pin longer ester gear like ethnate and feel a pump in the morning the day after.

Once I get used to it though it’s all good, I could run a gram of test for a year, lol.

I pin at night right before bed and never had an issue personally.

125mg x 2 a week is high trt no?

To the OP, did you get your thyroid checked as well? What's your age?

@bowserthedog one other thing you can consider is adding something like Mast or Proviron at low dose as this can sometimes smooth out some of the hard edges with trt.

I have found being on trt that if I keep the same dose all the time then things sort of stabilize and eventually start to creep back to the way it was before trt. But I vary this with very small changes of 10-20 mg per week and find this works best for me.

Side note. I’ll also add in compounds from time to time with my trt. Right now I’m adding in 100mg of Tren E which causes me no sides but libido is through the roof.

@bowserthedog one other thing you can consider is adding something like Mast or Proviron at low dose as this can sometimes smooth out some of the hard edges with trt.

I have found being on trt that if I keep the same dose all the time then things sort of stabilize and eventually start to creep back to the way it was before trt. But I vary this with very small changes of 10-20 mg per week and find this works best for me.
To give credit where credit is due, @Oldguyjiujitsu informed me that he uses the same approach. This seems to be a reliable strategy to keeping things from getting stale. I'm surprised that you vary it so frequently, but perhaps that works to keep things from stabilizing and contributing to sides.

@Sorbate I never noticed a difference pinning at night or in the morning. Actually, yest I pinned in the a.m., but had difficulty falling asleep and was only able to get 6hrs, despite a balls out workout yesterday, and a fairly busy day. Was lightly sweating throughout the night, and had some anxiety over things I can't control, so perhaps dose is a tad low.

@Oldguy No sides from the tren? It's a low dose, do you break that into 50mg e3.5d? I have a buddy doing something similar, but as a multi-compound bulking stack, but he feels great. Far better then the last time he did tren and had mood and energy issues.

To comment on 10 - 20mg. At 100mg, that 20mg jump is a big one, depending on sensitivity. I get the approach, but if someone has had to lower their dose from 115mg to 75mg, I would lean towards smaller increments.

@bowserthedog How long were you at 115mg before you started scaling it back? What sort of sides did you experience? Last I recall you were doing 3 shots/wk for that dose. What is your current injection frequency?