Travelling with TRT Test and syringes

fcinter

Trusted Member
Question for folks that have travelled with TRT prescriptions...want to know what the protocol is when flying to Mexico or Dominican.

Planning a trip early June and since I started my TRT two years ago, we haven't travelled outside of Canada. Do you place the medication and syringes in a special case in the luggage or carry on?

I plan to place it in the carry on along with my prescription so any questions can be asked upfront when going through security. Would love to hear how you guys have done it and if there are any gotchas. Dont want any hassle when travelling, especially going out and coming back in to the country.

Never internationally but within Canada always carried on. When I travel out of country its always for only a week so I just do a little more the day before or the morning I leave.

Did pick up the test gel years ago in DR and used it a bit throughout my week and left it there.

I travel with test and scripts all the time internationally so over the world. Just throw them in your carry on, no one will blink an eye and if they do as soon as they realize it's Rx they don't care. When I fly, sometimes I cross with 10 vials of script test and I've yet to ever have anyone ask or even look at it at customs or security.

would you even question it if it was a blood pressure medicine? Or if you were diabetic? It's no different... If it's prescribed, nobody has a right or interest in questioning you about it.

Traveled all over the world. I always put all my meds including script TRT in my carry on. Never had an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, will be doing the same. Have made a little kit for my prescription and syringes for the week

Never internationally but within Canada always carried on. When I travel out of country its always for only a week so I just do a little more the day before or the morning I leave.

Did pick up the test gel years ago in DR and used it a bit throughout my week and left it there.
Do they ask you to see a doc or just prescribe at the Pharmacy?

In DR ? They asked to see money and nothing else. They also had primo which was temping but didn’t want to bring it home.
Just like Mexico. I just sat there and stared the first time I saw it. The lady kept asking me if I wanted to look at it. I was so tempeted, but knew I couldn’t Take it home, so why bother.

Only thing I have brought with me is adex. Threw 3 in my pants pocket and didn’t think about it again. They didn’t frisk me, and if they found it I’d say it was candy and laugh about how yes, I put candy in my pocket to eat.

I do not get nervous around customs, or police. So I’ve never had an issue. Ive accidentally crossed the border into the US and back with weed in my glove compartment (back in 1994) and I remembered as I was about to come back to canada. I just didn’t think about it, we got across, then I told my cousin to look in the glove box. He freaked out. And that is the reason I told no one. No way I could dump it once I realized, we were like next in line, lol.

I used to get pulled over so much, I hung around bad people and did stupid stuff and lived in Sherwood park in the late 80’s, we got pulled over for being young then. It was so bad, I would get out of my car walk over to the cruiser and they would say, be good tonight Sorbate. I walked over to them to make it quicker, they did this daily for like 8 months.
I sold that car and got a truck and was fine until the first time I got pulled over, then bam, every time I pulled into town, within 5 minutes I was pulled over. In hindsight it was likely a good thing, I would have got into way more trouble if I didn’t know I was being watched. But it pissed me off at the time.

Eventually I asked my mom to call the RCMP and get them to stop harassing me. She called and told them, “whatever star you have beside his name remove it, he isn’t doing stupid stuff anymore and you are just harasssing him now”. And that was it, only pulled over when I got tickets.

Just like Mexico. I just sat there and stared the first time I saw it. The lady kept asking me if I wanted to look at it. I was so tempeted, but knew I couldn’t Take it home, so why bother.
Yeah it’s like a kid in a candy store. Pharma grade and if I had gone to different pharmacy in Punta Cana I could have gotten just about anything. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Yeah it’s like a kid in a candy store. Pharma grade and if I had gone to different pharmacy in Punta Cana I could have gotten just about anything. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Thats kinda amazing if you think about it....now only if you can get a prescription from a doctor in that country and be able to fly it back into Canada.

@fcinter you can do that, and I do that all the time. Flown in multiple times with a big zip lock bag full of prescription gear. Customs dont know what they are looking at, nor do they care once they see Rx. Throw your my ugl or purchased pharma gear in there with it no one bat's a eye.

Il say it again, customs don't care about Rx. I doubt they would ever cross check your prescriptions with your pharmacy, they simply don't have time for that. They are looking for a saran wrapped brick or weapon.

I think I actually drooled for a bit. But my wife wanted to get a drink and something to eat and had zero interest so I didn’t get to really drool, lol.

@fcinter you can do that, and I do that all the time. Flown in multiple times with a big zip lock bag full of prescription gear. Customs dont know what they are looking at, nor do they care once they see Rx. Throw your my ugl or purchased pharma gear in there with it no one bat's a eye.

Il say it again, customs don't care about Rx. I doubt they would ever cross check your prescriptions with your pharmacy, they simply don't have time for that. They are looking for a saran wrapped brick or weapon.
Yeah doubt they would care about a vial of test, lol

Ok good to know...we are likely off to DR in 3 weeks and I'll be stopping by at the closest pharmacy to see whats up

Question for folks that have travelled with TRT prescriptions...want to know what the protocol is when flying to Mexico or Dominican.

Planning a trip early June and since I started my TRT two years ago, we haven't travelled outside of Canada. Do you place the medication and syringes in a special case in the luggage or carry on?

I plan to place it in the carry on along with my prescription so any questions can be asked upfront when going through security. Would love to hear how you guys have done it and if there are any gotchas. Dont want any hassle when travelling, especially going out and coming back in to the country.
In Mexico you can buy test at pharmacies without a script. Pharmacist can do the injection. I don’t have a prescription for trt which makes mexico very attractive for this reason (i do daily doses in Canada). They also do cheap hair restoration, but I’m getting off topic. I can’t say for Dominican