Training for a Trek (Everest Base Camp Trek)

hats off to ya man, helluva trip

Ya man, some people say Im crazy to go out there. But you know its not about some ego, Like how some people just brag once they have climbed these big mountains. Its more a spiritual thing/ being in the beauty of nature. Also one thing ive learnt in life, if you wanna do something then just DO IT. So many people say they wanna go somewhere or do this and that, but they never work towards that goal. I've traveled to most places around the world that i've wanted to see.

But now Im going on a new challenge. Ya I could climb some mountains out west, which I plan to do next winter before I go to Nepal. I think I am going to vlog each day and try to live stream as much as Im able to. I dont think Ill get data once im on the mountain tho. But I have seen people who have uploaded videos from Everest base camp, so its atleast possible to do that.

If I can find a way to live stream the entire climb up the mountain I will :) Give people a whole new experience from the standard video they see on youtube.

Ya man, some people say Im crazy to go out there. But you know its not about some ego, Like how some people just brag once they have climbed these big mountains. Its more a spiritual thing/ being in the beauty of nature. Also one thing ive learnt in life, if you wanna do something then just DO IT. So many people say they wanna go somewhere or do this and that, but they never work towards that goal. I've traveled to most places around the world that i've wanted to see.

But now Im going on a new challenge. Ya I could climb some mountains out west, which I plan to do next winter before I go to Nepal. I think I am going to vlog each day and try to live stream as much as Im able to. I dont think Ill get data once im on the mountain tho. But I have seen people who have uploaded videos from Everest base camp, so its atleast possible to do that.

If I can find a way to live stream the entire climb up the mountain I will :) Give people a whole new experience from the standard video they see on youtube.

Couldn't agree with you more. I don't think you're crazy at all. Life is short as it is, and you never know when your time is going to be up. I think it's admirable that you're ticking off your bucket list items. That would be awesome if you stream it.

Couldn't agree with you more. I don't think you're crazy at all. Life is short as it is, and you never know when your time is going to be up. I think it's admirable that you're ticking off your bucket list items. That would be awesome if you stream it.

Exactly ive always been a traveler/adventure type person. This to me will be the biggest challenge ive ever done. Esp when you climb at such a high elevation, you are pushing your body to its limit. I guess the drive and passion is similar to a body builder who is extremely passionate and pushes himself to that barrier.

Exactly ive always been a traveler/adventure type person. This to me will be the biggest challenge ive ever done. Esp when you climb at such a high elevation, you are pushing your body to its limit. I guess the drive and passion is similar to a body builder who is extremely passionate and pushes himself to that barrier.

Yep, that's definitely a test of endurance. The elevation alone will play a major factor in obstacles to over come. I can tell you I was at 14,000 feet last year on the top of Mauna Kea and I could definitely see a huge difference in my breathing at rest. I was pretty out of shape mind you, and I could drive most of the way up, so I can only imagine how that will compound with physical exertion. You should take logs of your training for this one. It would be interesting to follow your progress. I'm sure many in this group, me included, would enjoy that.

@Funnyman With your experience in training. Do you think those High Altitude masks would benefit me ? Sure it wont give the true effects of breathing say %30-%50 less oxygen. But do you think it would get me used to learning how to breathe differently.

Im thinking with everything I do in the gym, to wear it. And from what ive seen, it seems everything I do will have to be alot slower.

I might come off trt completely and was thinking maybe cycle some Cardarine on and off. Cause once im there. There is no way ill be able to do shots of trt.

Or what about that test ester that stays in your system for 4 weeks ? I could probably do a shot before I left. Cause ill only be gone for 30 days. Would I have to start using it soon you think ? I got just over a year to be ready, I could push the trip to Dec 2021, but the weather in Nepal then is extremely cold. Higher chance of frost bite at such a high elevation once on the mountain.

The mask works your intercostals and anterior scalenes,you breathe more deeply after using it a few times.Specifically your ribcage is raised more.

The mask works your intercostals and anterior scalenes,you breathe more deeply after using it a few times.Specifically your ribcage is raised more.

I can see how it might help a little bit then, but will be impossible I guess to mimic breathing less oxygen. Any specific brand for decent price ? I will only get about 30 mins on top of mountain before I gotta descend. Id like to try and last that long so I can enjoy the view and really soak it all up.

I can see how it might help a little bit then, but will be impossible I guess to mimic breathing less oxygen. Any specific brand for decent price ? I will only get about 30 mins on top of mountain before I gotta descend. Id like to try and last that long so I can enjoy the view and really soak it all up.
Bas Rutten has a new device that works both inhalation and exhalation,and cheaper.

Hopefully you share a bunch of photos to CB and do a trip log. Everest peak has been on my bucket list since I was a teen but a little to expensive. Mountaineering is my life I try to do at least one peak a week. If your ever in the Banff area and up for a mountain peak or two message me.

Hopefully you share a bunch of photos to CB and do a trip log. Everest peak has been on my bucket list since I was a teen but a little to expensive. Mountaineering is my life I try to do at least one peak a week. If your ever in the Banff area and up for a mountain peak or two message me.

Well Im only hiking to Everest.. But will climb Lobuche Peak, which is still nice and once at the summit you can view the whole valley and see Everest in full view. But yep, Im planning to go to Canmore right before I leave to do some training. And of course I will do my best to post once im there. Internet isnt the best there. But will try.

Was talking with my guide today. He was talking about how he was on Everest in 2015 during that big disaster. Unfortunately he had to turn back as it was so bad. Going through the Icefall he had an accident and barely made it back to Base camp :( Geeez.. So much went wrong that day for everyone.

He sent this, not sure if its in the icefall or not.

But started training today guys.. Went really well. Wore full gear during cardio, helmet and all... A good hr down on the tredmill and stairmaster. Went at a pretty good pace.. Now I just need to work up to about 3-4 hrs cardio in a day.

Really not sure what kind of weight program I am going to do. Im so used to a bodybuilding program. But now I have to go more cardio/endurance based. It seems deadlifts and pullups will be a big part of training.

Attachments

• 89070906_204071390681712_7539574320851320832_n.jpg
    89070906_204071390681712_7539574320851320832_n.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: