To those back in gyms, howd it go?

Treneth

Trusted Member
Gyms opened yesterday here for me, felt good to be back, new changes dont really bother me it's pretty well the same, winter might suck with no access to change rooms and your supposed to come in gym clothes.
Only complaint I have is the over kill of cleaning, pretty sure I'll die from the overkill of chemical inhalation before covid.

I did find it funny watching some people come in full throttle banging chest off for 2hrs likely trying to "catch up" on missed lifts, there so gonna regret today.

I run my workouts on a 3 day cycle, so when I woke up on day 4 my entire body was fucking killing me. I'm not sure the last time I experienced that, usually it will be just 1 or 2 muscles experiencing mild pain. For the most part, I dropped about 10% across the board. Biceps were the worst tho.. I dropped about 15lbs on single-arm curls. Triceps were pretty sad too. Bench seemed unaffected by the break. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I recovered from my muscle damages & about a week ago I decided to start going back to the gym. I ended up injuring myself again last Friday in the growing area which I didn’t think that was possible for a woman, know I know how it feels for guys to be injured down there very painful. I’m still working out no matter what I am very determined and it has been helping me with my back problems.

Attachments

• 8E145B5B-2B7D-41F5-92ED-F59C95B3C147.jpeg
    8E145B5B-2B7D-41F5-92ED-F59C95B3C147.jpeg
    413.9 KB · Views: 14
Well I recovered from my muscle damages & about a week ago I decided to start going back to the gym. I ended up injuring myself again last Friday in the growing area which I didn’t think that was possible for a woman, know I know how it feels for guys to be injured down there very painful. I’m still working out no matter what I am very determined and it has been helping me with my back problems.
That a girl. When i tore my quad, i moved on to hamstrings lol

Yea I think I’m going to stay away from abductor inner thigh machine for a while & work on my other areas!
Most people go way to heavy on this exercise.
Its not a large and strong muscle.
I go really light at about 55 pounds, and do about 15 rep.

My gyms still closed, but I heard it’ll be appointment based and limited to only one hour which kinda sucks.

My gym is opening Saturday
It’s kind of a private gym and I paid my dues the whole lockdown since it’s a good group of people and I wanted it to survive. But I’m not sure I will go back.

Everything seems heavier on my hands if that makes sense. As in 135 is still 135 when I press but it hurts my hands. Good thing I'm still weak like a baby right now, hands will probably get used to it before the weight actually piles up.

Everything seems heavier on my hands if that makes sense. As in 135 is still 135 when I press but it hurts my hands. Good thing I'm still weak like a baby right now, hands will probably get used to it before the weight actually piles up.

I get it.
My hands are getting in the way of most shit now. I think its from not using straps. I have a good grip. Years of pulling wrenches i guess. At 265 i could do pull ups with two fingers but I think i have wrecked the tendons in my hands. To the point now where if i lightly touch the back side of my index fingers it hurts pretty bad. Need to get proper insurance, wait a year then get diagnosed.

same, just hauling 45s around the gym feels tough on the fingers. .. also, I've never contemplated wearing gloves before but since I haven't been working and no gym my hands are so soft. lol. they don't snag on fabric anymore!

Mine gym has been open for about 4 weeks. So.....we have a protocol, in place at Anytime Fitness Pitt Meadows BC

1 Sign in with time and Ph #
2 Put the pen in a bin for used pens
3 Pick up a towel, a bottle of cleaner and a wipe down cloth
4 Wipe down all surfaces where you are training before and after training IE Machines, Plates etc..
5) Put towels in a bin and put spray bottle in a separate bin full of cleaner and water.
6 Sign out with a clean pen.

We have very good compliance. The regulars are all there. The crowd is 1/3 what it was. Its fucking awesome no phone geeks, no equipment hogs, no fuck-ups who need a talking to.

We are all having alot of fun catching up. A few new faces.
I'm training on a double split 5 days a week: 1 hour cardio am before work. Weights after work with my son who doubles as my training partner.
I've started gaining muscle again despite a stringent diet and cut cycle: Test Prop/Mast Prop/Eq Low dose eod. Anavar daily.

Its the atmosphere change most definitely! The morning sunshine helps.

I have a power rack, 390 lbs of Olympic plates, 2 Olympic bars, Hyper-extension bench/roman chair a commercial incline and a commercial flat bench at home. Finally, I have dumbbells from 5 lbs up to 75 lbs, 2 tension bands and an Olympic curl bar a gym room with a rubber gym floor.

We were training 5 days a week running 5k every morning and doing a 4 day split. HIIT on Saturday before it opened.

The gym really just added the extra layer of motivation.

Get to it!

Grandpa

Went for the first time today. It was not crowded, everyone was respectful and cleaning equipment before and after. Got to admit I felt a little uncomfortable but I’m sure it will get better as the week goes.

Did all machines just for a change, as I’ve been doing all dumbbell and barbell work at home. Was very pleased that all the basic work I did at home has resulted in some strength increases at the gym .

Overall, good to be back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gym just opened yesterday, I really enjoyed the fact that there's way less people there now. Although the one hour time slot allotted kind of sucks. But I'll just do my heavy lifting at the gym, then I rip home and finish off my training. Also looked like only serious people were there, no one just sitting around, socializing, and chilling on their phones. All in all, I'm glad to be back.